Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2009, 13:26   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
How about the tires? Does it come 185/65 R14 or 175/70 R14? How about 15", or at least wider tires? You wouldn't regret that decision, you would also get a good buy-back value for the stock tires if you change them while new...
Yes the tires are 185/65 R14. I will with a couple of tyre dealership and find out what they are offering. Do you have any idea how much can i get for the New Stock tyres?
One more thing,the Car dealer told me that there are 4 companies providing the tyres for the i20,BRIDGESTONE,JK & a couple of others.I askedthem if its possible that i get a car fitted with BRIDGESTONES & they said they cannot guarantee that & they have only ordered 1 car in Black colour so i will not even have the option of having a wide choice to choose from.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower View Post
Congrats Anupminda. Yours is probably the first one on TBHP. Do keep us posted - I am looking forward to this thread as I-20 CRDi is on my mind as well.

Maybe the first balck. Many booked/maybe got too; yet to post about it here
Old 7th August 2009, 14:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

havent yet seen any i20 in black. Would love to see it. Congrats on booking the car.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupminda View Post
Yes the tires are 185/65 R14. I will with a couple of tyre dealership and find out what they are offering. Do you have any idea how much can i get for the New Stock tyres?
One more thing,the Car dealer told me that there are 4 companies providing the tyres for the i20,BRIDGESTONE,JK & a couple of others.I askedthem if its possible that i get a car fitted with BRIDGESTONES & they said they cannot guarantee that & they have only ordered 1 car in Black colour so i will not even have the option of having a wide choice to choose from.

Here in Goa all the i20 Crdi come with Apollo accelere's.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupminda View Post
Not sure about how much you will get for the stock tires, it depends on the brand- expect about 1.5k to 2.5k roughly. Anyone from Bangalore who can give a better idea?

Check out options in Michelins and Yokohama, based on your driving style/ requirements...
Old 7th August 2009, 14:57   #21
BHPian

Congratulations!!

Hey Anup,
i20 CRDi is an amazing piece of machinery. Congratulations on the booking.
Wish you happy miles ahead.
Do give a detailed review of the delivery process along-with pictures.
Black would be stunning..

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 7th August 2009, 15:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car Anup. Is yours the Asta or the Asta (O)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe the first balck. Many booked/maybe got too; yet to post about it here
He he! very true! There are 3 i know of already!
Old 7th August 2009, 15:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats,
Might be the first i20 Crdi T-Bhp.
One of the good looking car in Indian Market.
Love to have one if anyone is gifted it
Enjoy and Drive safe.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:11   #24
BANNED

Congrats on the booking.
definitely one of the best hatchbacks to own in the country right now
Old 7th August 2009, 15:21   #25
BHPian

Congrats Anup. i20 is seriously a beautiful car. Do update us all once you receive your 89 horses.
Eagerly waiting for initial ownership reviews and pics...pics...pics
Old 7th August 2009, 15:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. i20 in black is a good choice. i20 is plenty powerful, drive it around for a while and see if you really need Pete's.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

anup, congrats on your powerhouse, black surely looks cool.Any deals finalised with dealer, freebies as other said is surely possible just negotiate before finalising.
Old 7th August 2009, 18:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
He he! very true! There are 3 i know of already!
Three already !! Guys its time to put up an ownership thread . I have been waiting for long to see owner's review of the car. All we have so far are vague inputs from test drives.
Old 7th August 2009, 23:46   #29

[quote=JayD;1421052]Congrats on the car Anup. Is yours the Asta or the Asta (O)??
I have booked Asta.I think the only difference between Asta & Asta(o) is additional 4 airbags & sunroof and so we dint really feel the need to pay extra for these.
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:13   #30
BHPian

Re: Booked i20 ASTA CRDI

Hi Guys,

God I am excited when I say, "Booked i20 Asta CRDi in Black" yesterday.

My dealers are MGF Hyundai at Padivattom, Kochi. Highlights:

1. Paid 10K booking

2. 45 days+ delivery is really excruciating but its worth the wait. White is just a week away.

3. No Offers/Goodies/discounts. The rep said he might be able to bless me with a reverse sensor. I recently came to know that the 'Anti-corrosion' would be a better bargain and will take it on as delivery nears.

4. There is Bluetooth connectivity now coming at no extra costs (Sportz and above)which was not there when I did a TD 2.5 weeks back. NOW we are even with Punto features.

Now that I have decided its something like the forces of nature conspiring to put doubts into my head which I am not happy about. The following comments came from ppl who knew I was planning on i20 but its only now (that i have booked)they put on their thinking caps and came up with following godly suggestions:

1. 14'' alloys is too less for a 1.4 90ps

2. Punto has got FPS(fire prevention system) instilled even to their uphoolestry which means FIAT is 'safer' buy.

3. The Punto has a 1.3 producing 90ps which means assured 18-23 kmpl on an average whereas for i20 the maths is between 15-20 kmpl.

4. The footwell of Punto is deeper and the gears wont shift untill you floor the clutches which means no need to pull back you seats compromising the rear leg-room.

5. The winds are changing for FIAT. FIAT A.S.S has taken the 2nd rung of the JD Power survey ladder in customer satisfaction.(Maruti tops JD customer satisfaction study; Fiat takes second! | Indian Car and Bike Blog).

6. Punto is loaded with offers like Rs.6500 diesel voucher, 2yr extended warranty and the 'Buy Diesel @ Price of Petrol'.

7. Waiting period is a puny 4-5 days.

I wont be changing my mind but i would like to give some answers for these doubt-harvesters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks