Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2009, 16:49   #31
ada
BHPian

Congrats Rohit on your new drive, white is a great colour, only prob is that you have to maintain it. Great improvisation in putting swift strips on Punto. And remember you have promised yourself that you will not go above 2500 rpm so no speed above 100kms.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:44   #32
BHPian

Thanks all of you Friends, was pretty busy last 15 days hence could not put in a reply.

Latest is completed 3000Km in one month and gave my car for first service today.

One of the problem still persists. I will repeat the problem here: On the second day of my ownership I had noticed that the car steering wobbles at speeds between 80-100. Had gone to the dealership and got the alignment/balancing done from one of the best shops at my place. But the problem persisted. Took the car again to the Tyre shop and got the balancing done again...during this time the technician had noticed some defects on three of the stock tyres. I too had checked and agreed with him. informed the dealership of the same they offered to call the tyre company for further action, but since I was already planning to switch over to Michelins Primacy LC, took the opportunity and got the GT3's exchanged with the Michelins at good price.

Now after this the wobbling had decreased a lot but was still present. The dealership offered to check thoroughly during the first service. Now today the technician at the dealership switched the tyres of my car with those of a Linea steel rims (15") and found that the wobbling disappeared. Since the tyres are perfect the blame now stands on the Punto's alloy wheels. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

Need suggestion from all of the experts here.

Are the Alloy's under warranty (I am sure they are but the dealer person had doubts).

Could people share with me the e-mail ID of FIAT service helpline, may even Mr. Rajeev Kapoor's so that I may involve him if needed as a last resort.

How do I identify which alloy rim is having problem. The problem now persists only between speeds of 100-120. Above and below which the car is beautiful and I am enjoying each moment of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks