Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK

Dear Friends,

Lot has been written about Punto. I really don't want to repeat them; so will say everything in bullet points. And yes lots of pictures, I know Bossa Nova White pictures are awaited. I got the delivery on 17th July at Gandhidham, kutch,Gujarat through Cargo Motors.

Pros:

1). Its a Fiat (Believe me its no longer a con. After Sales at Cargo at par with Maruti).

2). Build quality

3). Handling and Ride quality

4). Engine (After 1700KMs its opened up and is quite fast in real world, I drive a Swift DDiS also so I know)(By the way my daily drive is about 80KM on highway).

5). All the gadgets (Blue & Me works like a dream with my Nokia 6275 CDMA)

6). Smooth light clutch.

7). Luxury interiors (I own a swift DDiS and an i-10 and as per me plastic quality is at par if not good)

8). Sporty driving position.

9). Giving me 18KM tankful to tankful in mixed highway and city. 15KM in city. Am not pushing it above 2500RPM till 3000KM.

Cons:

1). Would have like ground clearance up by say 5mm because I drive off road a bit. In city its more than sufficient. I feel the same with my Swift. But the great engine protector plate in Punto makes up for it.

2). Less Cubby holes for keeping knick knacks/door pockets.

3). There was very slight wobbling of steering wheel at speed 80-85 the car was not veering to any side. Nothing below80, nothing above 85. Got the wheels balanced the wobbling of steering wheel (very slight) shifted to 100-105. Again got the balancing done carefully this time found three original tyres including spare to be having manufacturing defect i.e slight oblong. Had already plans of shifting to Michelins so inspite of service center guys assuring me of taking action promptly I decided to go for tyres change. Got Primacy LC 88V after exchange of original GT3 at great price. Now the wobbling is gone and tyre noise is so low, in comparison my Swift stock tyres (run 25000KM) really shout. Primacy LC's are great. Very dejected with Goodyear. Fiat please change to Michelins as OEM.

4). Low underthigh support in the front seats. Got it countered with specially made faux leather seat covers for only Rs.5500.

Lot more things but hey forget as everybody has already said everything. Its time for pictures.

Rear seats ample space for passengers I am 5'8".
Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image020.jpg

Off road in a Punto! Oh Yeah!
Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image027.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image012.jpg

The side moulding strips of Swift and the bumper protector strips give Punto a little more Character.
Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image011.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image018.jpg
The interior before I put on the specially made seat covers.
Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image019.jpg

Bossa Nova white is more like the white of Ford. Not taxi white like an Indica and different from Swift.
Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image026.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image024.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image010.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image014.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image021.jpg

Fiat Punto - Yes Bossa Nova White Emotion PK-image013.jpg

In all My whole of 6.8Lacs well spent and I am all ; what with the first and the only Punto in the whole of Kutch District till date. So
Old 6th August 2009, 22:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Bold new drive! Bossa Nova White Punto is a much awaited car on the forums here and in fact, it was shortlisted alongwith Exotica Red, Electric Blue and Medium Grey by me when I was deciding on the colours of my Punto. Punto looks good in white. Good to know that Fiat is making in roads in smaller cities as well. This is really a big hinderance against better Fiat sales and it's good to see people in small towns going in for a Fiat too.

PS: Which city is that? Hardly any people around!

Last edited by amit : 6th August 2009 at 22:39.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:07   #3
BHPian

Congrats Rohit, white does suit Punto very well. Enjoy your beauty.

Where are the pics with new seat covers?
Old 6th August 2009, 23:13   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate! Nice pictures

May be its me, just that the colors that I seen all look good Grey, red, silver, white, black. Did not like the blue much. May be its the design which makes it look good in any color.
Old 6th August 2009, 23:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats mate.

Bossa nova white is looking very elegant and those black strips are looking good on that Punto. The front bumper is so huge that the bumper protector strips for Linea and Punto are just for aesthetic purposes.

Am regularly seeing Puntos in delhi now, saw a black one today with a TEAM BHP sticker, tried to catch him to give him a thumbs up but he was driving too fast and i couldnt zig zag in my long Linea so lost him
Old 6th August 2009, 23:53   #6
BHPian

congrats rohit on your new ride seems you are enjoying every bit of it. consider painting the front grill in black that looks cool.
cheers
Old 7th August 2009, 00:28   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats mate.

Bossa nova white is looking very elegant and those black strips are looking good on that Punto. The front bumper is so huge that the bumper protector strips for Linea and Punto are just for aesthetic purposes.

Am regularly seeing Puntos in delhi now, saw a black one today with a TEAM BHP sticker, tried to catch him to give him a thumbs up but he was driving too fast and i couldnt zig zag in my long Linea so lost him
Congrats man. The first white Punto on the forum. That first off-road pic is awesome.

Did it have a "got BHP" sticker on the left rear bumper? When? Where? If yes, then it was yours truly. And it was not fast; call me sporty!

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 7th August 2009 at 00:37.
Old 7th August 2009, 00:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

congrats mate! Fiat is slowly but surely making in roads.... my friend who had shortlisted Honda City after driving the Linea and City both has fallen for the Punto and has brought one home... 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack.
Old 7th August 2009, 06:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Very very nice. Good to read about Fiat buyers in Kutch!!

When i was last in that area 3 years ago, there were hardly any palios!
Old 7th August 2009, 07:10   #10
BHPian

Congrats on your Bold New drive. it feels really special to have the only car / only colour in the whole district. i till August 1st was the only guy having a Vocal White Linea in Mangalore.

two friends of Mine went in for the ANHC and Swift LDI, just because of their unfounded fears about FIAT, without even having a look at the Linea and Punto. and now both are repenting not even having visited the showroom to check these beauties out.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:24   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Rohit,
Nova White is cool especially with swift Side and door strips.otherwise it looks little blend IMO.
As you said,It definitely increases the aesthetics.
I suggested the same strips to my brother too, he is going get delivered a Red Punto Emotion Pack 1.4 petrol.
Enjoy and Drive safe
Old 7th August 2009, 13:09   #12
BHPian

good looking punto there.
where you got those door strips?its looking great.Tell me please
Old 7th August 2009, 13:14   #13
BHPian

Loved the pics! Yes, the moulding strips make the rear look a bit less monotonous. Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy the ride!

Amit.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Superb first off road pic!
I had seen white few weeks back and it looks really good.
Congrats!
Old 7th August 2009, 14:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and nice car! Are you sure putting in faux leather seats will increase under thigh support?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks