Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 21:05   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rather than praising Maruti for bringing in new models 2 years after the competition, we should be praising Hyundai for revolutionising the market scene with new products at affordable prices.

Rohan,
Bangalore
But the fact is Ritz K Series engine is Kappa ka Bappa
Old 9th September 2009, 22:16   #47
BHPian

Many people on this forum keep on shouting that Ritz is ugly, Dzire is an eyesore.

But these cars are selling in good numbers, Dzire in particular, like no other sedan in that category can dream of.

We can come across heaps of praise for Fiat, but Linea numbers are dwindling.
Old 9th September 2009, 23:39   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
Many people on this forum keep on shouting that Ritz is ugly, Dzire is an eyesore.

But these cars are selling in good numbers, Dzire in particular, like no other sedan in that category can dream of.
Totally agree with you. I can see so many Ritz on the Bangalore roads. Off late Dzire seems to be a good success. My cousin bought a new Dzire VDI. He says that it is going to be the modern Ambassador!!!
Old 25th September 2009, 11:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I also think this is a great review. Here is something more to consider though. The i 20 Magna 1.2 is priced at the same level as the Ritz ZXI. And that is what the Ritz should be compared with, at that price point. The only downer to take into account is that the Magna does not have ABS and airbags. If Hyundai had added that to the Magna even for another 10k, it would be ideal! But other than that, it is a very worthy alternative to the Ritz.
The i 10 is the car to compare with the A Star to be honest, and the lower end versions of the i 10 are the ones that do very well in this comparison. Again, except for the airbags issue, the lack of ABS, one can get around.
Of course all of the above, if one is in the market for a petrol engine. Diesels, there is no comparison, the Ritz is supreme on price over the Hyundai offering, that is another segment of car to be honest.
All of the above also shows just how cleverly Maruti has priced the Ritz!

@ sawyer :I think you have got the facts wrong. These are the prices in maharashtra:

i10 1.2 magna kappa- ex showroom-Rs 411782
ritz zxi -ex showroom- Rs 502643.50.

@Sid: I think its unfair to compare the base model of i10 to the top end model of Ritz. Ritz zxi should be compared with i10 asta not magna.

If you have to compare i10 magna, the comparison should be with ritz lxi(same price range) or ritz vxi. On comparing these models, you ll see that the verdict will tilt , great effort nevertheless
Old 25th September 2009, 16:06   #50
BHPian

Hi Sid,

Nice comparision. But in my opinion Since Ritz is priced aggressively (Maruti's old game, Hyundai should learn this) it is winner.

Hi Anusha snh,

I think Sawyer is talking about i20 Magna and not i10 Magna.

Moderators : After reading couple of great quality reviews, I got a thought that if we can have panel of reviewers, I feel it will be great. If we do this, I think whole country will stop watching useless biased Auto shows (reviews) and auto magazine reviews.

Anuj
Old 25th September 2009, 22:15   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha_snh View Post
@Sid: I think its unfair to compare the base model of i10 to the top end model of Ritz. Ritz zxi should be compared with i10 asta not magna.

If you have to compare i10 magna, the comparison should be with ritz lxi(same price range) or ritz vxi. On comparing these models, you ll see that the verdict will tilt , great effort nevertheless
If you compare using price, Ritz Zxi should be comparable with i20 Magna. You can it here: Hyundai i20 Magna vs Maruti Suzuki Ritz Zxi BS IV | Car Comparisons - CarWale.com

I don't understand why people compare Ritz with i10. Why do you want to fall prey to marketing gimmicks?

i10/i20 pricing is crazy and Hyundai need to wake up or they will lose out to MUL. The new Ford is also going to challenge now and hope that the customer will be the king
Old 29th October 2009, 10:38   #52

And let there be light...

I was just comparing the headlights of the i10 with the Ritz. The i10's lights are a sheer let down. Even the good old Santro Xing's lights are any day better.
Also in my experience, I find that the Ritz has much more space and comfort in the rear than the i10.

Off topic, a friend from Kanjirapally in Kerala tells me that many there refer to the i10 as - Aye Aye Yo - in the typical mallu istyle.
Old 25th April 2010, 09:26   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITE RUNNER View Post
We can come across heaps of praise for Fiat, but Linea numbers are dwindling.
That's because most car buyers are not members of TBHP. They listen to the advice of people of Tutu Dhawan and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
My cousin bought a new Dzire VDI. He says that it is going to be the modern Ambassador!!!
When will India get over the Ambassador.
Old 25th April 2010, 11:16   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
That's because most car buyers are not members of TBHP. They listen to the advice of people of Tutu Dhawan and others.
Haaa haa ha, thats super hilarious! (and true!)
(was so funny that I had to use up my both smileys here itself!!)

When asked, which car to buy,
the car Prices and FE are told. (sometimes the "Bhps" are mentined!),
and answer is: "You can go ahead with what you like!"
(come on.. the guy is asking what would you conclude from the choice!)
OR
"All the discussed cars are good!" lolz.
Feels really lame to watch such programs after reading the exhaustive/detailed/technical information here.. (no offense)

When will India get over the Ambassador.
When will India get over Dzire!? <please assume a deadhorse beating gif here>

Care.

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 25th April 2010 at 11:23.
Old 1st May 2010, 18:44   #55
BHPian

Dear T-Bhpians,

I own a Ritz VDI. My house owner owns an i10 sportz. Definitely the presence of Ritz swallows its compactor i10. Ritz's refreshing colours is much appealing to anyone. While driving Ritz I never feel like being in a smaller car. Handling, suspension, power, FE : Too good. Though there are various technical angles to compare and prove which is better over what, the overall ownership feel of Ritz is a way ahead than i10. So definitely Ritz > i10. Every day I see lot of new gift wrapped Ritz on the Bangalore city roads.(But in rural places you won't believe I still see lot of gift wrapped Vista Quadrajet which I ruled out due to various reasons discussed above.). You know look wise what I love best in Ritz? You won’t believe that it is its "Back". One of my friend commented that it looks like somebody had kicked its back with a big road rollers wheel. I bet the day is not very far where people would praise Ritz for its more dynamic look especially from back. Once the same was the case for Swift some 5yrs back. I was very much pulled towards the dynamic fresh look of swift and that time people use to say that it has too cramped like look. But it’s the hot cake now. But for me now swift is an old cake. And the hottest new bakers chocolate cake is the RITZ!!

Thanks,
SANSI

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2010 at 16:47. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please type straight into the Team-BHP post box, instead of using other word processors.
Old 6th October 2010, 11:49   #56
BHPian

I felt the review is unbiased. I and my friend had compared Ritz and i10 Kappa. Finally we settled with i10 Kappa.

As my friend is 6' 2" tall, he needed good headroom from front as well as at rear. Leg space of Ritz was too small when I pushed co-driver's seat backwards, my friend who was sitting at rear could not come out of the Ritz. The sales executive told us that this is a small car. We felt it is too pricey then for this small car. But I found Ritz as a well built with respect to its sturdiness. Drivability of Ritz on rough roads is better than i10 (Ritz has won at first place when 9 cars were compared by Overdrive. Search for ‘Overdrive's ultimate hatch test Part III’ on youtube.) Drivability of i10 is good but it has much glare on the windscreen due to its beige colour dashboard. This is much rectified in i10 Kappa 2. One more problem with i10 is replacing head lamps. For this the front bumper needs to be removed.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 6th October 2010 at 11:51.
Old 6th October 2010, 12:53   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
One more problem with i10 is replacing head lamps. For this the front bumper needs to be removed.
I am not sure about this. I got the stock headlamps replaced by Philips extreme power 60/55W. And that did not require the front bumper removal.

The garage technician just had to unscrew the headlamp dome/assembly to remove old bulbs and fit in the new.
Old 6th October 2010, 17:17   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post
One more problem with i10 is replacing head lamps. For this the front bumper needs to be removed.
says who? I myself took out the headlight assembly of i10 after removing only 3 screws!!
Old 6th October 2010, 18:08   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel the only place where the Ritz scores over the i10 Kappa is in its build quality it feels sturdy and solid. But, i10 makes it up with its looks and is much better looking than a Ritz which looks quite odd especially from the back.

I drove only once a friends Ritz for about 10kms and i found it lethargic than an i10 Kappa in terms of throttle response.

Not sure what is the FE of a petrol Ritz but, i am very unhappy with my i10 Kappa's FE. It never crossed 11kmpl in my 2 years of ownership.

Well, IMO the i10 Kappa is indeed a superior product than Ritz and no wonder it sells more than double than Ritz each month
Old 7th October 2010, 14:57   #60
BHPian

The Suzuki Ritz (sold as Splash) is available in certain markets with an Auto Transmission - does anyone know if this too is made in India? Are plans afoot to introduce the Auto Transmission variant in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks