Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 11:06   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the Civic, Jay! It's one of my favorite cars from the segment. I own an '03 Honda City and can tell you (from experience), she will serve you well for a long time to come. The best part - and in comparison to your Octavia - will be its absolutely trouble-free nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5150 View Post
I must say of course, that in spite of all my paranoia, the sales team at Peninsular Honda (TVM) was very helpful and kind especially Mr. Rupesh who was very helpful.
Always great to hear of a positive dealer experience. Do keep updating this thread with service quality too.

Quote:
I was a bit apprehensive as the car was lying in Cochin but it was delivered having run only 22km and a small scrape on the edge of the rear left door (photos to follow)
Discount?

Just wait until your running-in period is over. Then, high-revv away into the horizon and realise what Honda engines are really about.
Old 24th August 2009, 11:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.Thought you would finalize on Black/White.
Old 24th August 2009, 14:11   #18
BHPian

Congrats Jay on being aproud owner of the Civic. I own a black Civic and it has been a delight driving it around.

Quote:
Couple of questions: Civic owners: does the rear amrest flop down like in the pic or is it meant to be straight? In my octavia it was nice and flat.
Also there seems to be already lot of ?rust on my brake discs? what can be done about it?
Wish there was an USB input on the ICE. I can't get all my fav music on 6 CDs even on mp3 :(
Yes, it is the same in my Civic also. The armrest flops down.

As for the rust on the discs, I don't think you need to worry about it much. The more you use your car it will disappear. I have seen them often on my cars and especially after driving in the rain. It just goes off once you hit the road again.

Even I miss the USB support on the Civic, To make all my music available, the only alternative for me was to dump all the music on to my ipod and then connect it to a FM transmitter (I use a HCL make). I works fine.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

The rear armrest does flop down. The leg room is immense isn't it?

The rust on the disc is because it's cast iron. The rust is only microns thick and once a layer forms on the surface, it doesn't rust any more inwards. This is true for any cast iron part. Don't fret about it.

Good to hear you've been having a great ownership experience. How many KMs have you covered?
Old 24th August 2009, 21:05   #20
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !! Your civic looks hot in silver ! Are you upgrading the shoes ?
Old 24th August 2009, 22:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

hi civic owners - I'm getting about 7.6 kmpl (100% mumbai city drive - heavy traffic; AC on all the time) on the civic A/T. This is in the first 500 kms. Any idea how much I can expect FE to increase after 1st service (if at all) assuming same driving manners and conditions?

on the rust on brakes - i noticed that too on my civic but relieved to read the above posts.
Old 25th August 2009, 09:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Axe, you can expect upto 8.5KMPL in city traffic with A/C on. That's what I've been getting.
Old 25th August 2009, 11:12   #23
BHPian

Congrats Jay. Undoubtedly the best car in its segment. Love the dashboard, rear seat space , cooling and ride
Old 25th August 2009, 23:08   #24
BHPian

Thanks for all the best wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...Discount? ...
I got a total of about 14k "discount" on the insurance only bcos I told them (as per T-BHP advice) that I would prefer to take my own insurance, so they matched it. I also got rear parking sensors and a full body cover as freebies.
Also as I mentioned this purchase was done totally on the phone, as I was physically not onsite. My driver did tell me about the scratch but I was too eager to get the car and you can only bargain so effectively on the phone!

And I did not have much choice as its was the last one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.Thought you would finalize on Black/White.
As the title says, it was literally the last one! If I wanted an 'old' civic V - it was only in silver, only 1 car, take it or leave it or go for an A/T for 90k more or wait till ?whenever? the 'new' Civic comes I wasn't too keen on silver as I had my heart set on white but now after buying the car I think it was good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
The leg room is immense isn't it? ..How many KMs have you covered?
I don't know what to do with my legs! I'm learning to rest them on the dead pedal, a habit I forgot when i shifted from A/T to M/T. I really like the comfort of the seats and the quality of the leather too is very nice.
I have covered about 850km now in total. The 1st service is due in the first week of Sep.

As promised I went ahead and put sunfilm on the car!

I decided to put it only on the windows and rear glass. After a lot of trawling through the forums, i decided on 3M CR-50 but I was a little worried about spending such a big amount only on sunfilm but after seeing geeash's experience and photos I decided to get it and I had to really sell it to my wife as we had put Maruti sunfilm on her Alto just for Rs.1950 or so.

I went to the 3M distributors directly and got the deed done on Sunday, total cost Rs.13,000 and lemme tell you boys..it is worth every paise!

Now the car is much cooler ,the AC cools better and faster.

BTW how the hell do you maintain the leather seats? They are already getting dirty esp the drivers seat. I checked the car care thread and just wiped them recently with a damp cloth , how often do you have to do it?
Old 26th August 2009, 00:03   #25
BHPian

Congrats Jay CIVIC is a GREAT CAR, one of my favorite too
Its been always my dream to own a CIVIC
Thanks for sharing Pics, Enjoy and Drive SAFE
Old 26th August 2009, 00:16   #26
BHPian

beautiful maan!
civic is no doubt one of the better looking cars on road now even in spite of the now familiar shape.
just love the cockpit like dash.
Old 26th August 2009, 00:56   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

A very VFM buy indeed. The civic does look the best in silver IMO. Enjoy her for many years to come.
Old 26th August 2009, 01:27   #28
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Congrats Jay! It sure is a beauty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks