Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 13:48   #31
BHPian

First of all congrats on the new purchase.It sure is a new generation car. I totally fell in love with the red trim sports pack.Sometimes back I was contemplating this one as a buy then upgraded to Asta Manual and then upgraded further to i20. Was sad to learn that the i20 didn't have the sports trim but you gain some and you lose some.

I'd love to have a trim like that on my car anyday ! Dazzle and shock people brother-its your day !!!
Old 28th August 2009, 10:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.
Does the Interior of dash matches with exterior color in all the models of i-10 or only in AT.Pls confirm its a news to me.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:07   #33
BHPian

CONGRATS!!. We have a Jan 2009 purchase i10 kappa in our household. We have been using it stock since purchase except for the window film. Been around many places with the i10 on stock tyres and they have handled good.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Congrats on the buy.
Does the Interior of dash matches with exterior color in all the models of i-10 or only in AT.Pls confirm its a news to me.
Thanks Ramsagar. No, not all colors match with interior colors. Only the Sportz version with Electric Red and Stone black color have red interior options pack. No such optional interiors with any other variant in i10 has this felexibility.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:39   #35
BANNED

Congratulations Nabarun - the i10 AT is a gem of a car, I'm sure you'll enjoy the driving & ownership experience.

Need to catch up again on the ORR.

Last edited by hrag : 28th August 2009 at 13:41.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag
Congratulations Nabarun - the i10 AT is a gem of a car, I'm sure you'll enjoy the driving & ownership experience.

Need to catch up again on the ORR.
Hey Hrishi, thanks man! Yes, it's been quite long since we met either in the Tbhp meets or the quick "traffic" meets! Doesn't this want us to call for another tbhp meet, Hrishi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
CONGRATS!!. We have a Jan 2009 purchase i10 kappa in our household. We have been using it stock since purchase except for the window film. Been around many places with the i10 on stock tyres and they have handled good.
Thanks Siddvi. Mine is also stock and would be driving on stock tyres only. Infact Thanks to Nikhil (nikhilb2008), I was tempted to change stock tyres to 175/70 R13 A-drives and was speaking to Nikhil. He called me couple of days back and informed that the rim size for i10 is small for 175 tyres which actually saved me from purchasing the tyres for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru
First of all congrats on the new purchase.It sure is a new generation car. I totally fell in love with the red trim sports pack.Sometimes back I was contemplating this one as a buy then upgraded to Asta Manual and then upgraded further to i20. Was sad to learn that the i20 didn't have the sports trim but you gain some and you lose some.

I'd love to have a trim like that on my car anyday ! Dazzle and shock people brother-its your day !!!
Thanks PaglaGoru (MadCow)!
Old 28th August 2009, 16:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
Meanwhile, I have already visited the stockyard last Saturday and inspected the car. It's in fine state (as of now!), tyres are July make and I have clicked some snaps. Attaching them.
I visited the dealers yard on 26th Aug, and carried out the PRI of my car.

one thing which i noticed is that the i10 Asta does not have the sliding external circulation-recirculate switch, as in Sportz and Magna. There are only 3 buttons - AC, Recirculate, and defogger.
Cannot really figure out whether this is good or bad.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:24   #38
BHPian

One major feature omission in i10 is remote boot opener, boot opens only when we switch off the engine.

Any idea to install remote boot opener in i10?

-MUKE
Old 28th August 2009, 17:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
One major feature omission in i10 is remote boot opener, boot opens only when we switch off the engine.

Any idea to install remote boot opener in i10?

-MUKE
If you have remote central door locking installed, you don't need remote boot opener, all you have to do is pull the boot handle. In my Magna AT i have got dealer filled Nippon Remote Central Locking for all 5 doors. So if simply unlock the central locking, say at a mall or multiplex security check, the security guy just has to open the boot with the handle.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
If you have remote central door locking installed, you don't need remote boot opener, all you have to do is pull the boot handle. In my Magna AT i have got dealer filled Nippon Remote Central Locking for all 5 doors. So if simply unlock the central locking, say at a mall or multiplex security check, the security guy just has to open the boot with the handle.

Ya, i guess that with central locking installed for all 5 doors, simply unlocking the central lock from remote shall unlock the hatch and one can pull the latch to open it up.
I do not know clearly, but does any hatchback come with a remote boot opener or a dedicated boot opening lever beside the driver? I know almost all sedans do have one or both.
Old 28th August 2009, 17:37   #41
BHPian

nnandi,
Congrats on the car. I saw this thread after sometime and so replying late.
I decided against any tyre upgrade. I have driven the i10 quite less, but in whatever i have driven, did not feel i need to change the tyres.
Regarding the FE, yes it is about 8 or 9 for the first 2 refills. hopefully it will improve after the first service. I guess 10-11 will be the max we may get. but i am not too bothered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks