Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 18:01   #16

Guys i have booked a white i20 CRDi Asta yesterday and expect the car to be delivered in a month's time.

The dealer at HMP who booked my car frankly said the car (i20 CRDi only) has not received much response till now. When enquired about the reason he said that it is possibly due to the price but he did mention that the petrol i20 has received a very response. I think he is right as i saw at least 8-9 i20s (mostly petrol) in their yard.

I didn't get any discounts just the floor & boot mats. I tried my best to get more freebies but i guess i am not that good at bargaining.
Thanks to T-BHP about the insurance tip as i got a quote of Rs.14,700 from Bajaj and saved nearly Rs.5,000.

Now my question to you guys --if petrol i20 can be considered as hit and diesel as average then will the resale value of the diesel be hit considerably. I mean as diesel varient is more expensive than petrol and petrol varient is a hit then i should always get higher resale in the future.

Please note that i am not that concerned about this issue as i booked the car following my heart dzire but still wanted your opinion on this issue. Anyways i will be keeping the car for at least 5 years so i shouldn't be worried.

One thing i haven't told you guys is my options before the purchase. Please note that i only considered diesel cars for my options and sedan or hatchback didn't matter to me as i wanted a better car.

1. Ford Fiesta- Already own one.

2. Verna- Would have to stretch my budget my at least 1 lakh and even then no airbags.

3. Dzire ZDi- This was on my options list till the very end but the waiting period and the fact that i just couldn't fall in love with the car sway me away from it though my head was jumping for it.

4. Punto- Guys strictly my opinion, i found i20 to be better looking than punto and the interiors just hit the nail in my decision against it. P.S. I am a sucker for beige interiors. Moreover, i was flexible with my budget up to 7.5 Lakhs.

5. Linea-Truly fell in love with this car but at my budget i could only get Linea Active and that just put me off considerably.

6. i20- As sid said i20 ticks most the things right and very few wrong so this was my final option. It had everything for the price- safety, power, style and very little compromises. I do feel that car is actually overpriced by 40K even for the equipment level it has. But you have to pay the price if your heart becomes stubborn.

I didnt consider swift as there are more swifts on road than santro and skoda fabia due to the reasons already stated here.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th September 2010 at 04:17. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
Old 17th August 2009, 19:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have insured my i20 CRDi Asta for Rs. 12999 from Cholamandalam. Bargain harder on the insurance.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:33   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I have insured my i20 CRDi Asta for Rs. 12999 from Cholamandalam. Bargain harder on the insurance.
Thanks, i will bargain more. How does Cholamandalam compares to Bajaj allianz in terms of claims and service.
Old 17th August 2009, 20:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
Thanks, i will bargain more. How does Cholamandalam compares to Bajaj allianz in terms of claims and service.
Best quote from Bajaj Allianz was for Rs. 13249

No raised compulsory deductable, and IDV was 95% of ex showroom value.
Old 17th August 2009, 21:17   #20

Thanks again for the information.
Hey Abhij i was going through your ownership thread & realized that you didn't mention the loading & unloading charges in your cost. Here in Delhi every Hyundai Dealer is charging it so is it applicable only in Delhi or you somehow got a waiver ?
Old 17th August 2009, 23:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Unloading/Loading charge?

No such charge here boss....

My cost was exactly what I mentioned....
Old 18th August 2009, 00:07   #22
BHPian

congrats, for i20CRDI.

You should go with SBI car loans.

Silver will look much better than white on i20.
Old 18th August 2009, 00:30   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
congrats, for i20CRDI.

You should go with SBI car loans.

Silver will look much better than white on i20.
i cant get SBI as i need the loan in my company's name and you need to have a current account with SBI for that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks