Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 16:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
OK let me find out from my local shop, and if I fit it from outside dealer, will it void the warranty?
The vibration on the accelerator pedal as I see is felt on uneven roads, but not on smooth roads, but I shall still check the alignment once for my peace of mind.

One more point, the engine does not pull all the time equally and the inertia kicks in after you have applied brake, so if you want to overtake immediately, downshift most of the times times for overtaking (this happens at 4 and 5th gear specially), I think the gear ratio is responsible for this as the top gears are designed give better mileage in this car, and lower gears for more power and pull. Can anyone confirm this view?
Fitting from local shop will not void your warranty - infact in my case the shop owner called in the installer from autocop itself and he did a good job (atleast till now it seems so!)

Sorry I don't feel any vibration in the accelerator pedal at high speeds - I think you should get your car checked.

I agree with your engine comments - the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear are well tuned for pickup while 4th and 5th don't have much spunk. In any case the engine wheezes out by the time you reach 5th.

Overall though, the car has adequate pick-up for me. I think the 0-100 times of the i20 are not reflecting the car's character well. 0-80 comes up really well but 80-100 is like everything went into slow-motion.

So I think its not that bad if you consider this car's intended use - as a good city commuter.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

There's another i story coming soon, children
Old 19th August 2009, 13:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Nice and honest review.
Can you tell us how effective the A/C is? During the test drive, I found the A/C to be wanting in the Delhi heat.
For me the AC works good enough, and one big thing is, like any other high end cars, the AC does not let you know when it is on and when it is off, the magnetic clutch makes zero sound/vibrations.

para_7k - Yes the steering is over sensitive, one has to be careful fiddling with it above 80, but I am getting used to it now.

phanitha - I have added the seat covers already, need to put that here, they cost me 2300, and have a beading for driver's seat (Rs 300), and the front seats have i20 embossed, gives it a classy look.
The same stuff at dealers were quoted 4500

reppy - I think the 5th is not needed if you are driving below 60. In fact in my TD, I did not feel the need to go to 5th till I reached 90, as I asked, the sales guy told me normal practice is to shift to 5th around 80s, though the manual sugests otherwise, one can shift to 5th around 40. But it squeezes out intertia out of the engine (flywheel to be precise), so soon you will need to downshift if you run it at 40 in 5th gear.

About the vibrations, I touched 120 today, it did not vibrate.. the road was very smooth, and I was around 90, it vibrated little bit on slightly (very) uneven road, I guess my tyres are having a higher pressure than reccomended. God knows why, all these local airwalas fill more air than reccomended, I think their pressure guage is faulty itself with prolonged usage.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:08   #19
BHPian

Can anyone tell me if i20 comes with tinted glass or the window glasses (side/front/rear all included) have some heat rejection property itself?
Old 27th October 2009, 15:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyamtanu View Post
Can anyone tell me if i20 comes with tinted glass or the window glasses (side/front/rear all included) have some heat rejection property itself?
Nope. You'll have to look at sunfilms for that.
Old 27th October 2009, 15:22   #21
Senior - BHPian

shyamtanu, congratulations on your uber cool ownership.Grey looks good.Much is talked about its over assisted steering, but i feel its about getting used to it.Enjoy your ride and keep updating your thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks