Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 18:45   #16
BHPian

Thats very bad from the dealer. Anyways, you should have been happy with the way WagonR is serving its duties to you and you might slowly forget what M800 served you over the last 5 years. Happy Driving.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations buddy, you have got a very practical and reliable car there !! I enjoyed mine for 2 years before I upgraded to a sedan. I used to call my wagonR a 'mini-SUV' because everything connected me to an SUV effect. In my 2 years of ownership, I never faced any technical issues. Gear box is bit notchy, an extra greasing should tone it down.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:08   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations buddy, you have got a very practical and reliable car there !! I enjoyed mine for 2 years before I upgraded to a sedan. I used to call my wagonR a 'mini-SUV' because everything connected me to an SUV effect. In my 2 years of ownership, I never faced any technical issues. Gear box is bit notchy, an extra greasing should tone it down.

After driving M800 for so many years, even i also think like i am driving a mini SUV because of the high seating position of WR.
Old 11th September 2009, 19:11   #19
BHPian

Congrats Adhoc, I too picked up a new WagonR DUO Lxi on Ganesh Chathurthi, last month in Passion Red colour.

Got a good deal of 25K cash discount + 10K exchange bonus + 4K corporate dicounts plus basic accessories like mudflaps, rubber foot mats, sunfilm, Xenos remote central locking, perfume, Idol from Garuda, Lalbagh road, Bangalore.

Drove out of the showroom with 22 Kms on the clock directly to Sai Iyengar & Sons, just diagonally opposite the car showroom and exchanged the JK OE tyres to 155/65 R13 Michelin XM1+ tubless tyres, balanced & nitrogen filled on OE rims. Also got the Reebok travel bag free

ICE : Have put in Pioneer 3150UB Headunit, Pioneer 4" front speakers in the dashboard, Pioneer Tweeters installed near the sun shades, Infinity Reference series 6x9 Speakers on a pre-wired rear speaker tray and powered by a Sony 2 Channel Amplifier.

Have run 800+ kms now, by god's grace the car has been performing well.

Cheers,
Sats

Last edited by sats : 11th September 2009 at 19:12.
Old 11th September 2009, 19:25   #20
BHPian

Congrats Adhoc and sats. Both of you made a wise decision. Wagon R is indeed the best car in its segment.

My friend drove the vehicle for about 50k odd kms for the past 3yrs and except for minor repairs no problem at all. Tyre change is a must as stock tyres are no good.
Old 12th September 2009, 10:30   #21
BHPian

Wagon R is a wonderful car which is extremely practical. I would say Wagon R (apart from its looks - which I term as personal) would be the best bet next to Alto in terms of FE & usability.

Congrats and please do post pics of your waggy
Old 12th September 2009, 16:40   #22
BHPian

congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post

Drove out of the showroom with 22 Kms on the clock directly to Sai Iyengar & Sons, just diagonally opposite the car showroom and exchanged the JK OE tyres to 155/65 R13 Michelin XM1+ tubless tyres, balanced & nitrogen filled on OE rims. Also got the Reebok travel bag free

Sats
adhoc and sats congrats to both of you. I am also a satisfied owner of a wagon-R for the past 2years.

Sats i had a question as I am also looking to change my tires to michelin. Do you get XM1+ in 155/65 R13. I knew Michelin had XM1 for that size. XM1+ is available for 14 inchers and above.

Guys please correct me if i am wrong.....
Drive safe....
Old 15th September 2009, 17:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
adhoc and sats congrats to both of you. I am also a satisfied owner of a wagon-R for the past 2years.

Sats i had a question as I am also looking to change my tires to michelin. Do you get XM1+ in 155/65 R13. I knew Michelin had XM1 for that size. XM1+ is available for 14 inchers and above.

Guys please correct me if i am wrong.....
Drive safe....
Thanks Footloose

XM1+ is now available in 13", my WagonR is currently shod with 155/65R13 Michelin XM1+. The Michelin Energy series were not available in the 13".

The drive on the OE JK's was very light and the levels of grip and smoothness was less, whereas with the upsize and the higher contact patch the steering feels a bit weighted and also boosts your confidence levels and offcourse traction both in wet and dry conditions apart from silent and smooth running are the added advantages. These tyres are made in Thailand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sats
Old 15th September 2009, 17:19   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Congrats Adhoc and sats. Both of you made a wise decision. Wagon R is indeed the best car in its segment.

My friend drove the vehicle for about 50k odd kms for the past 3yrs and except for minor repairs no problem at all. Tyre change is a must as stock tyres are no good.
Thanks Funkydude, practicality and economy of ownership are it's key strengths
Old 16th September 2009, 11:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Thanks Footloose

XM1+ is now available in 13", my WagonR is currently shod with 155/65R13 Michelin XM1+. The Michelin Energy series were not available in the 13".

The drive on the OE JK's was very light and the levels of grip and smoothness was less, whereas with the upsize and the higher contact patch the steering feels a bit weighted and also boosts your confidence levels and offcourse traction both in wet and dry conditions apart from silent and smooth running are the added advantages. These tyres are made in Thailand.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sats
Thats good news . How much do they cost. Ill get my car tyres changed soon..
Thanks sats
Old 16th September 2009, 17:35   #26

Thnx to all u guys.

Just an update. I have driven 550 KM since delivery and enjoying the drive. Very good car to drive in the city traffic. Initial FE is 11 with AC on 90% of the time. (Tank full to tank full). The problem with 5th gear has also reduced since i have got used to it. Will keep the team updated reguraly.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:32   #27

Hi Frnds,

Just an update on the car after 3000 kms. The city milage is 11 with AC on and 12 without AC and the highway milage is 14 with AC on and 15 without AC. The car is doing very good. The gear shift which was a problem initially has reduced substantially now after the 1st service. But the reverse gear is still a demanding area. Overall, i feel its the best city car. Good AC, pick up, road view, spacious and with adequete torque and power. On highway i think the car do not like anything above 120. Upto 100, the car behaves very nicely but as i said, i treat it as mainly a city car and therefore its seems acceptable to me.

Will be posting some pictures in my next post if the mods allow.

Cheers
Adhoc.
Old 6th December 2009, 02:15   #28
BHPian

congratulations!! and this is from my heart

my experience with wagon R--
the good -wagon R is tried and tested and is probably better than i10 in terms of A.S.S and other stuff!! it can go places where you can only go with a 2 wheeler!!(crowded city roads) its sort of narrow in width than other hatches!! so i feel its a go anywhere car! awesome!

the bad- another serious niggling issue with wagon R is that i just cant fit in the back seat!! now i am 6.3". it just kills me!! i sat in my friends car! we had to go for some rock concert. i had to sit in the back and man did my legs hurt when i got out! and i then and there decided if i am getting a car for myself it wont be the wagon R!

the ugly- i know and you know, its lil bit dated! ritz or splash is the next gen wagon R (really it is guys) this replaced the ageing wagon R+ sold in the uk! but its built on swift platform and according to some is also ugly! coming back to wagon! it really feels outdated in design terms!! but still has its own lil charm about it! a la mini suv but its just darn boxy (now its curve ka jamana)

i have had no issues like this with the swift! i mention this because you had it shortlisted. i feel its adequately spacious even in the back if the person sitting ahead positions his seat properly! its bigger and better in lot of factors!! and just one step above! (haven't tried the ritz)

if you had budget issues or not!! maybe just a choice issue dunno!! but if i were u i would have gone for the i10 era! 1.1 irde. instead of the wagon R! because i have had experience in the back seat for the i10 and i think its more comfortable and better and more modern design! plus you will gel with the crowd and look cool! (makes you look good)

but hey end of the day its all about you!! your car and how you feel about it! congratulations again!

Last edited by Caramelo : 6th December 2009 at 02:23.
Old 6th December 2009, 02:51   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your set of wheels Adhoc. I myself happen to own a WR (2007, VXi). She has already did 37k Kms & still going strong.

I thought LXi came with JKTyre rubber. Vxi got the Bridgestones. Good for you.

Where was the deal done ?
Old 6th December 2009, 08:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhoc View Post
Hi Frnds,

Just an update on the car after 3000 kms. The city milage is 11 with AC on and 12 without AC and the highway milage is 14 with AC on and 15 without AC. The car is doing very good. The gear shift which was a problem initially has reduced substantially now after the 1st service. But the reverse gear is still a demanding area. Overall, i feel its the best city car. Good AC, pick up, road view, spacious and with adequete torque and power. On highway i think the car do not like anything above 120. Upto 100, the car behaves very nicely but as i said, i treat it as mainly a city car and therefore its seems acceptable to me.

Will be posting some pictures in my next post if the mods allow.

Cheers
Adhoc.
Congrats, a little late though! Gear shift will get better over time as others have pointed out. What helps me is to use the correct hand position for every change (i.e palm facing left for 1st, 2nd, down for 3rd, 4th and right for 5th, reverse).

Re reverse it CAN get very hard to engage at times, don't push hard just let the brake loose for a second and let the wheels roll a tiny bit, should engage smoothly then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks