Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
do you mean the key hole is getting stuck inside even after the key is taken out? i had a similar problem but lasted only for 3 days!
I think so. If I pull the key fast there is no problem. However, I am able to take the key out slowly, and keep the battery on.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

i guessed right, the keyhole is getting stuck inside.
Old 26th October 2009, 12:07   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i guessed right, the keyhole is getting stuck inside.
There was a service camp (FREE!) with a 70+ points check. Should be another marketing tactics to bring old customers in. But I had a free car wash.

Met the regional service manager (from M&M chennai) too feedback too. To my surprise the service guy sad the keyhole issue is common due to the illuminated rings to go off. But I am not convinced. He asked me to pull the key fast to avoid it. :-(

The regional service head advised to not to go for after market performance filters (as I expected), he blamed the pollution level we have in India will not go with the filters. He also said some of the bull bars which covers the radiators damaged them by blocking the air flow I believe I avoided it with a smalled one installed. (will post better picture).

I found It was a free service, But the sad think is ir costed me Rs.1800 - someone in the service have taken my pen drive with good collection of songs. Made a compalaint, But i do not think I will get it back.
Old 26th October 2009, 16:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
There was a service camp (FREE!) with a 70+ points check. Should be another marketing tactics to bring old customers in. But I had a free car wash.
thats all dealers and compaies policy to lure customers and get back old customers too.

Met the regional service manager (from M&M chennai) too feedback too. To my surprise the service guy sad the keyhole issue is common due to the illuminated rings to go off. But I am not convinced. He asked me to pull the key fast to avoid it. :-(
even i am not convienced with that answer, rather that seems an excuse instead.

The regional service head advised to not to go for after market performance filters (as I expected), he blamed the pollution level we have in India will not go with the filters. He also said some of the bull bars which covers the radiators damaged them by blocking the air flow I believe I avoided it with a smalled one installed. (will post better picture).

I found It was a free service, But the sad think is ir costed me Rs.1800 - someone in the service have taken my pen drive with good collection of songs. Made a compalaint, But i do not think I will get it back.
sad to hear that, may be you left your car open unattended, as usually these free camps are held outside the dealers premises on some big grounds,campus where they dont take any responsibilities for these theft.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
sad to hear that, may be you left your car open unattended, as usually these free camps are held outside the dealers premises on some big grounds,campus where they dont take any responsibilities for these theft.
My mistake, in a ground, under the hot sun, after an hour I couldn't stand by the car, when it was in the Queue for washing. I left this one single item without noticing. Hereafter, I must take a check list before giving it to any service. A good lesson.
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

5000 K Report.

Crossed 5.5k today, went for the 1st service last week on 5100. The cost of first service was Rs.1850.

Service Feedback:

The drive was almost great after and before service, I enjoyed every meter. No issues, ratting etc.

I had only one complaint during the service, Batter was still on after removing the key. They said they will fix it, But they failed to do so. I need to take them back again, to the other end of the City. Coimbatore needs more service (Sales too) for M&M.

Sun films:

Removed the old black film and fixed mild grey Garware (Rs. 2.4 K) and front windscreen (Gareware icecool grand) for another 3000/- I am not sure why the front one costs this much.

Audio replacement:

I got some Audio recommendations too from a linkedin friend:

Option1: If you only travel with 5 people, 90 % of the time, you can use the rear space for a subwoofer. That would change the entire sound experiance you get. You can go for a front speaker from Hertz(~5k), rear speaker from Polk (~7.5k) , a subwoofer from any brand - Hertz / JBL / Clarion (~ 10k) and use a JBL - 4 channel Amp (~6k) for rear speakers and subwoofer.

Option 2: front speaker from Hertz(~5k), rear speaker from Polk (~7.5k). I will be connecting a Amp from JBL soon.

Before I shop these stuff around let me know what you guys think about this.

I do not want to chance the Nippon player, I have to live with that, since do need steering wheel Audio controls working.

Stickers:

Bought Team-BHP stickers, fixed it in the back.

Quality:

As everyone says Quality of the interior is poor - if you see the Arm rest you will see that goes inside the seating area, Its irritating me a lot.
The shape of the arm rest is ugly.

Some issues/missing items:
1. Audio control in the steering has only forward seeking. Reverse seek is missing.
2. Leaves, insects etc entering into Bonnet scoop which has no mesh (for free air flow?)
3. Dirt/Mud enters all over the rear door area/steps (posted pics in previous thread)
Attached Thumbnails
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-d3.jpg  

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-d4.jpg  

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-d5.jpg  

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-d7.jpg  

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-sc2.jpg  

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-sc2.jpg  

Last edited by agbenny : 3rd December 2009 at 18:07.
Old 24th February 2010, 15:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Reaching 10K.

Its time for my 10K service after 6 months, and I need your advice, if I should check anything particularly for 10k service.

Covered all types of roads 6 lanes to mud roads, hills and plains, cities and villages 6 lanes to no-lanes. Enjoyed every ride.

The problems I find (and find even after 5K service) are:

1. Handle chrome to be fixed (Poor quality material, and poor finish). It fell off.

2. Rattleing in the front passenger seat and sides

3. Confusion with tire-tronics (Not sure how to fix this, IOC Nitrogen pressure shows 32, which shows 37.5 and 38.5 in Tiretronic meter. I am not sure which one to believe. I see the vibration all around the corners.

4. Knocking sound from rear right top while meeting bad roads (Complaint not resolved). I am unable to figure out what this issue is. I hear one time "Drikkk" noise when I hit a bump or pothole. The sound comes from the back roof. Its not the roof rail for sure.

6. Loosened ignition, Battery is still on after removing key. M&M dealer says I should pull the key out fast.

7. Central lock - back door is not attached with central lock (complaint fixed, But not working again)

8. Central lock needed to be pressed twice to open the doors - sometimes.

Other then that, no major issues. I will keep you posted after the service.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:55   #38
BHPian

hi

Note from the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

hi

let be brief about me before i give u some suggestions

i am a BE MBA grad worked with Hyundai Factory in Assembly shop for 8 yrs and now with CAT

I owned a Scorpio DX for 3 yrs with 49000 kms
and the second one which i have Scorpio SLX CRDe for 75000kms

coming to ur issues
ans to your questions

1. was Handle crome a aftermarket fitment or ur talking about the inside handle
2. seat rattling a persistant problem we need to remind them to check for seat rattling and dr rattling when we give it for service. no way they can fix it permanently.
3. stick on to ur car meter readings and i think the recommended pressure for front is 29psi and rear at 31 psi if fully loaded if u always drive alone maintain 30 psi in all tyres.
and one advice when u check ur tyre pressure please check when it is cold during early morning hrs or when u take it out of ur garage. this will give u correct results

4.i think this noise is due to body panel rubbing or we call it body noise insist the dealer to fix it.

5. no 5 so next

6.i had the same problem with key i think it works better when it gets older a glitch in the design

7. even i have the problem i think the dealers dont understand a bit about the issue and i think the design itself is like that

8.i didnt have that problem

anyway bro i am in the process of booking a new scorpio VLX or special edition before this month end , since i am transferring my current car to my dad for his second car use.

do call me if u have any more queries

99406 46664

regards
prithvi

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2010 at 10:03.
prithvi_seln is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th July 2010, 12:24   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
hi

let be brief about me before i give u some suggestions

i am a BE MBA grad worked with Hyundai Factory in Assembly shop for 8 yrs and now with CAT

I owned a Scorpio DX for 3 yrs with 49000 kms
and the second one which i have Scorpio SLX CRDe for 75000kms

coming to ur issues
ans to your questions

1. was Handle crome a aftermarket fitment or ur talking about the inside handle
2. seat rattling a persistant problem we need to remind them to check for seat rattling and dr rattling when we give it for service. no way they can fix it permanently.
3. stick on to ur car meter readings and i think the recommended pressure for front is 29psi and rear at 31 psi if fully loaded if u always drive alone maintain 30 psi in all tyres.
and one advice when u check ur tyre pressure please check when it is cold during early morning hrs or when u take it out of ur garage. this will give u correct results

4.i think this noise is due to body panel rubbing or we call it body noise insist the dealer to fix it.

5. no 5 so next

6.i had the same problem with key i think it works better when it gets older a glitch in the design

7. even i have the problem i think the dealers dont understand a bit about the issue and i think the design itself is like that

8.i didnt have that problem

anyway bro i am in the process of booking a new scorpio VLX or special edition before this month end , since i am transferring my current car to my dad for his second car use.

do call me if u have any more queries

99406 46664

regards
prithvi
Dear prithvi, I am out in the market for a new SUV/MUV. I have a Toyota Qualis which I would be disposing as soon as I get the new vehicle. The obvious choice is the Innova, but it doesn't have the macho image associated with an SUV. The Scorpio has always been a design success but M&M's failure to translate that to the functionality, fit and finish of the vehicle has been a large drawback.

Now, how is the new one? Is it worth considering the same since I look for a trouble-free ownership. Our's is chauffeur-driven and occupants are 5+kido.

Thanks
Champion!
Old 10th July 2010, 14:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

@ champion: for a chauffer driven car, look at the innova or the safari if you need a SUV. scorpio is best self driven. passengers wont enjoy the scorpio much.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:36   #41
BHPian

Thanks raj_5004, coming from a person who owns both the Innova and the Scorpio, I'll take it from you that the former would suit my requirements best. Albeit, it would be kind if you could tell me which variant would be VFM? I am a Diesel guy and would certainly prefer variants from the Diesel line-up. I have had 6 years of blissful ownership with the Toyota Qualis RS thus far and expect that to continue with the Innova by investing in the top variant, but is it worth 14 lakhs is the big question here.

Cheers
Champion!
Old 10th July 2010, 19:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

go for the top end VX. i am not saying buy the top end for the chrome handles or the wood finish. but only the top end comes with ABS. the innova needs ABS badly. a non-ABS innova just slips ahead under panic braking. so its the top end VX.

if you ask me, is it worth 14L, i would say NO. but then, that is the only car that suits your requirements. the other choices are cheaper but you will have to compromise a bit on space & comfort or reliability.

a scorpio will offer more performance & a safari will give a better ride, but none of these can match the top notch reliability of the toyota. then why am i saying that innova is not worth 14L? because the scorpio & safari offer more features, more power & more refinement at a lesser price. but since you are looking for a chauffeured family car, innova is the best bet for you.

if you feel 14L is too much, you can buy the top end xylo for 9L, but even it wont have the ride quality & reliability of the toyota. yes, it will offer more space, better seats & more features for 3L less!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th July 2010 at 19:51.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:35   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification raj_5004. I was quite confused with that question. Its clear now and I shall move in for the top end variant VX. It kind of feels good that you own the top dog from a stable too. I have always regretted not going in for the VX-R Landcruiser out here in Dubai since it had everything I wanted except that the price was unjustifiable. I guess thats the way Toyota operates, you pay for the peace it provides rather than its amenities which are quite limited.

And agbenny, thats a wonderful car there. It ticks everything right when its self-driven. Some day...

Cheers
Champion!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks