Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:25   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Congrats Sam on your purchas, phew, thats a long writeup, took some time to read it. Enjoy your Linea and drive safe. If possible please do post some interior pics.

Thanks Balaji for all the patience for reading. Yes, I think I rambled on but I divided it in parts for convinience. On hindsight should have divided into two parts. Anyway the deed was done but the idea was to share the 'TRANSFORMATION' experience.

Cheers, Sam
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:54   #32
BHPian

What max speeds for Linea - Petrol?

Guys,

I believe the run in period is the first 1000 kms. Any idea what speed or rev limts should be kept before the first 1000 & 3000 kms?

Sam
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:25   #33
BHPian

revs under 2500rpm and speed under 100kmph for initial 1000km should be a general way to do run-in.
Also try to make the engine accustomed to different rev-ranges too.
Old 2nd September 2009, 23:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Guys,

I believe the run in period is the first 1000 kms. Any idea what speed or rev limts should be kept before the first 1000 & 3000 kms?

Sam
There is no running in period! Running in engines is a thing of the past. Newer engines are already run in. When the engines are to be run in then it is specifically mentioned in the manual and usually there's also a sticker on the windshield. Linea's manual has no mention of it! It's not a glaring oversight by Fiat, you wouldn't find any mention of running in manuals of many new cars. I know for a fact that Dzire also has no running in.

Last edited by firstguri : 2nd September 2009 at 23:51.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:15   #35
BHPian

1000 kms over - An update

So far driving has always been pleasurable. Had been to Halol / Pavagadh from Vadodara yesterday with family to trek. Great road and did overtake a Scorpio and realised I had touched 120. No one seemed to realise that we had crossed 100 and wereso glad to see the vehicle felt planted and negotiated the curves very well at 100.

Now here is a NEW niggle - The glove box when opened slides 3-4 mm towards the right making the closing action quite un-even. It has to be nudged into the right position and then pushed back. I think this can be a problem of a loose hinge arrangement and does indicate the glovebox alignment is not the best. As it is the Emotion Pk has just one glove box!!

Wife commented - I hope it does not drop down when on the move.

Sam
Old 7th September 2009, 22:25   #36
BHPian

well, thats a new one ... unheard of till now!
I guess its out of alignment or somethig. A visit to TASS is now due buddy

Quote:
Now here is a NEW niggle - The glove box when opened slides 3-4 mm towards the right making the closing action quite un-even. It has to be nudged into the right position and then pushed back. I think this can be a problem of a loose hinge arrangement and does indicate the glovebox alignment is not the best. As it is the Emotion Pk has just one glove box!!

Sam
Old 8th September 2009, 10:12   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sam
It's quite common in Linea.
Just have a visit to TASS and they simply aligned it back.But i am sure it won't be 100% neat.still you can see some misalignment.
I too had the same issue and fixed in TASS in my first service.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:25   #38
BHPian

Congrats on a Fantastic buy. And a smart one at that with the features and the Colour. You can't really go wrong with white, but the dark red and black can be a pain to maintain!! Enjoy your ride!!
Old 8th September 2009, 13:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Sam
Don't worry even if it comes out you can fit-in again. I did that on very first day of my Linea. When I told the guy in the showroom next day he was pretty casual and said "sir ek hi to nut hai dhar....just fit that and it's done"
Old 8th September 2009, 17:22   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Don't worry even if it comes out you can fit-in again. I did that on very first day of my Linea. When I told the guy in the showroom next day he was pretty casual and said "sir ek hi to nut hai dhar....just fit that and it's done"
. If things are so simple then I guess we have to replace the service men with the salesmen in TASS.
Old 11th September 2009, 22:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Well Vineet, the car is built on so many such 'nuts' so you should have made some noise for him being so casual about it.

Well anyways, will investigate on my return back home on Sunday... !!

Sam
Old 11th September 2009, 23:10   #42
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Am in N Delhi this week and saw some fair amount of Lineas on the road (Silver and Black).

Saw a Vocal White parked at Pragati Maidan (Hall 8). Wonder if a Team-Bhpian was the owner !!

An yes, let me comment on the ad scene. Saw the Linea advertised in Delhi news papers (cash discounts of Rs 35,000/- in Sep !!). Also saw a new edition of the video ad in the World Movies channel. Fiat guys are so selective on their choice of channel to air their ad.

Did any of you guys see this FIAT ad on any other channel (about a boy trying to whistle - when trying to emulate an adult who whistled at a beautiful girl. Well he does after he sees a FIAT pass by!!) Geez

Cheers...

Sam
Old 12th September 2009, 08:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Nope i havent seen this ad. which channel does it get aired?
Old 12th September 2009, 10:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

I saw this ad other day. Yes, it was on a movie channel. I Dont remember the channel.

Linea looks stunning in ad.
Old 12th September 2009, 11:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Nope i havent seen this ad. which channel does it get aired?
Saw it on the 'World Movies' channel last Thu evening.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks