Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 22:26   #61
BHPian

I finally got a quote from the dealer for a Spark LS metallic colour. The gold coin offer is on. They charge 3000 as handling fee. The cost of the car is 314000, RTO (including handling) is 24000 and Insurance is 10500 = 349000 approx. From this the dealer has given a further discount of Rs 6000 as a relationship bonus (though I have no previous relationship) taking the price to 343500 approximately. He will give mud flaps, mats and film..and since I do not want a film will get something else (like a parcel tray at the back) for the same amount. The relationship bonus came about because I wanted to buy the car from the Canteen (it was costing me 338000 there on road but more tedious for some reason that will be difficult to explain) but the dealer wanted me to buy it from him. I checked the handling charge from the other dealer here and he quoted 5000! So I suppose have to settle for 3000. I also plan to transfer my old Matiz and take advantage of its 'No claim bonus' saving a further 2-3000. So this is what you can bargain for when you approach a dealer before 18 September.
Old 9th September 2009, 22:27   #62
BHPian

I forgot to mention. The gold coin has been converted to cash value in this price, so that is taken into consideration in the final on road price.
Old 9th September 2009, 23:27   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
I finally got a quote from the dealer for a Spark LS metallic colour. The gold coin offer is on. They charge 3000 as handling fee. The cost of the car is 314000, RTO (including handling) is 24000 and Insurance is 10500 = 349000 approx. From this the dealer has given a further discount of Rs 6000 as a relationship bonus (though I have no previous relationship) taking the price to 343500 approximately. He will give mud flaps, mats and film..and since I do not want a film will get something else (like a parcel tray at the back) for the same amount. The relationship bonus came about because I wanted to buy the car from the Canteen (it was costing me 338000 there on road but more tedious for some reason that will be difficult to explain) but the dealer wanted me to buy it from him. I checked the handling charge from the other dealer here and he quoted 5000! So I suppose have to settle for 3000. I also plan to transfer my old Matiz and take advantage of its 'No claim bonus' saving a further 2-3000. So this is what you can bargain for when you approach a dealer before 18 September.

Can you please post deal details with full break up like

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post1458022

Here 55 discount includes Coin 3K,Corporate discount of 5K

Also check your PM.
Old 10th September 2009, 00:12   #64
BANNED

@SPARKled

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think you have mentioned in some thread that you have managed to get double (You + your family member) corporate discount (aprx 4K + 5K). How did you manage this? Please shed some light.
Old 10th September 2009, 07:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mentioned the parcel tray at the back instead of the film however the LS comes with company fitted parcel tray so go for something else.

Also you got the relationship bonus because maybe they saw you arriving on the Matiz.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

@harishnayak : No the LS does not have a rear parcel tray. Its only available on LT.

@idea1979 : My dad works with an another automobile dealership in Navi Mumbai so the dealer took both our company ID cards and gave a net corporate discount of 5k+4k. I am not sure if he actually applied this discount but he said that any additional discount that he gives has to be given under some head so this additional discount came under corporate discount. I am not sure if everyone can get this one.

@frequentflyer : I think 3.43 odd is an excellent price you are getting for a LS ex Pune.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
You mentioned the parcel tray at the back instead of the film however the LS comes with company fitted parcel tray so go for something else.

Also you got the relationship bonus because maybe they saw you arriving on the Matiz.
No there is no parcel tray in the LS, only in the LT.

The Matiz still looks new after nine and a half years and it was a beautiful car always. the Spark interiors cannot compare. The Matiz was also a fully loaded car when the dealer sold it. Here you have to keep buying accessories.
Old 10th September 2009, 21:58   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Can you please post deal details with full break up like

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/hatchb...ml#post1458022

Here 55 discount includes Coin 3K,Corporate discount of 5K

Also check your PM.
The quotation given for the bank is very stark. It shows a price of 349000 including 24000 RTO and including handling plus Insurance of 10500 (which I am doing) minus 6000 relationship bonus. Total 343500 or so.
Old 11th September 2009, 02:14   #69
Senior - BHPian

@ Sparkled and Frequentflyer - My LS had a company fitted parcel tray at the back when i bought the car last year.

Notice the Chevy Teddy and other stuff kept on the tray. If possible i'll also post the pictures of the Company parcel tray as i removed it for an aftermarket one to put bigger speakers.
Attached Thumbnails
SPARKled with the new Black Chevrolet Spark LS-spark.jpg  

Old 11th September 2009, 08:23   #70
BHPian

Yes I had a look at the accessories. Since my car will be largely a city car (the Fusion is for outdoors) I will not need bigger speakers. The regular Chevy tray costs 1400 and it is only given for the LT model now. The dealer has a lot of scope to fudge things in all these trinkets. I even e mailed GM and asked them whether they are aware that handling charges are being charged. I got a reply that these are logistics charges! So now this is borne by the customer. Possibly all salaries of their employees will be met from this alone! If one has more than one dealer in town one just has to find the better deal. Even as far as CSD is concerned GM India has informed me that only two dealers are authorised in the country and these are in Ludhiana and Chandigarh. Then why are they advertising that the car is available in CSD in other cities?
Old 11th September 2009, 12:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

I would be taking delivery of my friend's white Spark PS today evening. Two of my friends booked together but the first one was delivered on 09/09/09 which I had posted under the day is 09/09/09.

The experience today would be keyed in tomorrow.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

Did both of them go for a white spark? Also when are you going for one
Old 11th September 2009, 22:40   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
@ Sparkled and Frequentflyer - My LS had a company fitted parcel tray at the back when i bought the car last year.

Notice the Chevy Teddy and other stuff kept on the tray. If possible i'll also post the pictures of the Company parcel tray as i removed it for an aftermarket one to put bigger speakers.
I checked today. They said the tray was being given last year but is now discontinued for the LS model. Looking at the state of GM and the massiv discounts and free service they are givening I suppose they have to cut costs elswhere. However all GM Spark/other car owners beware of GM agreement with BPCL. It seems the company plans to give BPCL petrol pumps the free service franchise. In that case these pump attendants will service the car during these free services. I wonder what the quality of the service will be.
Old 12th September 2009, 18:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked today. They said the tray was being given last year but is now discontinued for the LS model. Looking at the state of GM and the massiv discounts and free service they are givening I suppose they have to cut costs elswhere. However all GM Spark/other car owners beware of GM agreement with BPCL. It seems the company plans to give BPCL petrol pumps the free service franchise. In that case these pump attendants will service the car during these free services. I wonder what the quality of the service will be.
I thought so about the Parcel tray , definitely a move towards cost cutting as they are constantly reducing the prices.

Are you saying that these cars would ONLY be serviced at BPCL pumps or would that be an option because that would definetely not encourage the potential customers to go for this car.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:56   #75
BANNED

booked a red LS model for my GF today. deal closed at 350000. no gold coin included since i did not want it. getting mud flaps, matting, seat covers, music system with usb and 4 speakers. delivery around dandiya time. i hope there is no better deal out there. showroom people did not give this deal so got it from a DSA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks