Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 17:16   #121
BHPian

I have drove 315kms at one stretch and did not find any problem. I feel the seating position is good except the under thigh support.
Old 9th March 2010, 15:34   #122
Senior - BHPian

Am finally giving my car to service next Saturday at Nikhil Auto. The car has done more than 6000kms and the servicing has been delayed by almost a month or 1000kms.

Following things to be checked rectified:
1) Slight Left side pulling
2) Rear left door does not open from inside
3) Rattling under the dash board on anything other than smooth tar roads.
Old 12th March 2010, 21:26   #123
BHPian

Sparkled, I just left my car for service today (1 year, 10k service).
9k on the odo.
I have the same problem left side pulling in my car. I thought it should be alignment problem but lets see.
Same, rear left door does not open from inside, but very rarely.- Did you try to switch off the child lock?
I have a rattling noise on the rear left door while fully loaded.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:20   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabnawaz_b View Post
I have drove 315kms at one stretch and did not find any problem. I feel the seating position is good except the under thigh support.
I agree with you on the under thogh support, once I had to drive for about 90 minutes through Mumbai traffic, and by the time I got home, every joint and muscle in my leg was complaining.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:53   #125
Senior - BHPian

Finally got my car back from service last Saturday from Pashankar, Satara road center.

The car seems a bit smoother now.

The rattles emanating under the dash are all but almost gone.

The left pulling is almost non existent now though I really doubt now that
there was any pulling in the first place. Whatever that there was was maybe due to the banked road surface.

The total bill that I had to settle was a princely sum of Rs 85 for the base of the LHS OVRM which had fallen down sometime 2 months back without my realization.

The child lock had been set on the LHS rear door which was the reason of it not opening from inside

Overall pretty happy with the way the whole service thing was handled.
Old 23rd April 2010, 10:39   #126
BHPian

WOw Rs.85 as service bill. I guess its going to be the same sweet deal for the first three years. I thought we had a low cost of ownership (TATA -Fiat). GM had taken it to a whole new level. Its a shame that the masses of India are made to believe MUL is the best with regards to service and cost of ownership, when competition like GM offers the same low cost of ownership with much higher customer satisfaction.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:15   #127
Senior - BHPian

Guys just to update you the service done at Pashankar was not really as good as I have described in my earlier post. Immediately after a few days the suspension started making noises again, the dash started rattling again and the alignment was still haywire. Looks like all they did was just wash and clean my car and all the things that looked repaired were just a figment of my imagination.

So I gave my car again this time to Nikhil auto in Navi Mumbai. This time the work was spot on and its more than 2 months and everything is holding perfectly fine. The alignment is almost there. The suspension noise is gone completely and the rattles have disappeared. Full marks to Nikhil. No more Pashankar for me.
Old 29th July 2010, 16:51   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
So I gave my car again this time to Nikhil auto in Navi Mumbai. This time the work was spot on and its more than 2 months and everything is holding perfectly fine. The alignment is almost there. The suspension noise is gone completely and the rattles have disappeared. Full marks to Nikhil. No more Pashankar for me.
Good to know that it all ended well with Nikhil Auto.

I too got the 5000kms service done last weekend. Trident in Bangalore did a very good job. Happy with the service and no complaints what so ever after a week of the service being carried out.
Old 29th July 2010, 20:37   #129
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that your sparky is performing well. Mine completed 12500 KM

Few issues are:

Rattling - Dont know from where, needs to check it. Its a kind of tik tik noise.
Rear wiper - Sometime blade falls - improper fit. Needs to get replaced next time
Old 21st December 2010, 15:17   #130
BHPian

Re: SPARKled with the new Black Chevrolet Spark LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
The child lock had been set on the LHS rear door which was the reason of it not opening from inside
Well this happened to me also once with my Santro. I was frustrated with the door as it is a little embarassing to get somebody open the door. When I took it to my mechanic, all he said was 'buddy your child lock is on'..now I was even more embarassed
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:35   #131
BANNED

@SPARKled: It seems that you have changed front suspension recently. Please update us.
Old 31st October 2011, 11:38   #132

Hi SPARKled and others. I happen to bump in this thread while trying to gather more information regarding SPARK as I am thinking of getting a used one. I am being offered a September 2009 SPARK LS model with ODO reading of 15k for around 2.45L in Bangalore.Is it OK to go ahead with the deal?? Please advice.
One more important thing. The interiors of the car is the black/grey one. What I have gathered from the forum is that post August 2009 the interiors are changed to Beige. So is there something fishy?? Your views are solicited ASAP. Thanks in advance
Old 31st October 2011, 12:16   #133
BHPian

I do not know about the price and color. But the odo of 15K is good. Check the conditions anyway. Try to get servicing history which also has ODO reading. This is a good way to
-cross-check real KM covered
-also to check whether there were any major repairs
-Whether previous owner has been doing on time servicing

My Spark has completed around 56K KM and there are no major problem till date. (I am not sure if there is any other Spark on the forum which has coverered more KMs than mine. )

So do not worry about Spark's maintenance. It is good trouble-free car.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:33   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeb6 View Post
Hi SPARKled and others. I happen to bump in this thread while trying to gather more information regarding SPARK as I am thinking of getting a used one. I am being offered a September 2009 SPARK LS model with ODO reading of 15k for around 2.45L in Bangalore.Is it OK to go ahead with the deal?? Please advice.
One more important thing. The interiors of the car is the black/grey one. What I have gathered from the forum is that post August 2009 the interiors are changed to Beige. So is there something fishy?? Your views are solicited ASAP. Thanks in advance
I recently bought a pre worshipped Spark LS November 2007 model for 2.2 lacs from maruti true value. The car had covered 27000 kms when i bought it and now its almost 30,000kms.
Since the car you're looking at is a 2009 make so the warranty will be valid so you won't have to pay any maintenance costs till the warranty gets over.
You can have a look at my ownership report here :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rue-value.html
Old 31st October 2011, 12:48   #135

StrangeWizard and radek. Thanks for the views. Any comments on the interiors?? This is important. If lets say, post August 2009 sparks have only Beige interiors then the claim of the car to be a September 2009 model becomes a bit murky. I am not a fan of Beige, but this information can help me to ascertain the genuineness of the car. Thanks again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks