Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 14:22   #16
BHPian

Nice choice there, Iv booked one too in morello and have been awaiting the delivery since one and a half months now.
I'd suggest don't go for the decals. They will spoil the car.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Gautam. According to me, everyone should take a round in the Fiesta 1.6 and feel it oneself to differentiate between normal driving Vs driving with full enthusiasm and pleasure ! Each time I come back to my parking lot, I drag myself out of my Fiesta. Its such an addiction. There is no word 'enough' with this machine. I didnt follow any run-in rules, but never let the RPM go beyond 3000. This is only until I touch 1000 kms. Exhaust note is not as loud as a sports car, but its very addictive.

Enjoy each mile, wish you 10000000s of kms ahead !
Old 1st September 2009, 16:48   #18
BHPian

By the 8th or 9th SEPT. i should have my GP home..

BTW, waiting for a detailed report on your experience from the dealer...
Old 1st September 2009, 19:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Omg Omg Omg!!! !! !! !! Shrieeeek!!!!

I love the colour on this car. Congrats man. One more enthusiastic member added to the club of ever happy Fiesta owners! I got my S, 17 days back, but I still STARE at an S when it passes me on the road!

Enjoy her, and I totally totally know how difficult it is, to keep her in reins. But it will help in the future. First 1000-1500 km, be a little careful. After which, all hell should break loose!

Cheers mate. Have not been so happy looking at someone's new car here, in a long time!
Old 1st September 2009, 19:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gautam,

the car looks great, congratulations on your new car.
i am sure, you will enjoy the new car in coming years.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:44   #21
BHPian

Hey Gautam, It was quick and great decision to go for Josh Machine!
Congratulations..
Old 1st September 2009, 20:39   #22
BHPian

thanks

Thanks a lot guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I thought Blackmagic was dangerous, now I know bluemagic is far more dangerous than black. The desire to own the machine comes as soon as u look at it. Window tins will make it look even better.

All you fiesta owners are seriously forcing me to force my dad to buy a fiesta instead of swift. Thought I know I wont be able to convince him as I have my machine now and cant have my opinion in his..

Nice ride, enjoy and drive safe.
Will get sun film put, but not sure which to go for, need help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitd View Post
Nice choice there, Iv booked one too in morello and have been awaiting the delivery since one and a half months now.
I'd suggest don't go for the decals. They will spoil the car.
Can you explain this?? how will decals spoil the car, do you mean the look of the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations Gautam. According to me, everyone should take a round in the Fiesta 1.6 and feel it oneself to differentiate between normal driving Vs driving with full enthusiasm and pleasure ! Each time I come back to my parking lot, I drag myself out of my Fiesta. Its such an addiction. There is no word 'enough' with this machine. I didnt follow any run-in rules, but never let the RPM go beyond 3000. This is only until I touch 1000 kms. Exhaust note is not as loud as a sports car, but its very addictive.

Enjoy each mile, wish you 10000000s of kms ahead !
Thanks a lot, am trying to stick to the 3k limit, and i agree it is very addictive. Your thread was very informative and helpful in making this choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Omg Omg Omg!!! !! !! !! Shrieeeek!!!!

I love the colour on this car. Congrats man. One more enthusiastic member added to the club of ever happy Fiesta owners! I got my S, 17 days back, but I still STARE at an S when it passes me on the road!

Enjoy her, and I totally totally know how difficult it is, to keep her in reins. But it will help in the future. First 1000-1500 km, be a little careful. After which, all hell should break loose!

Cheers mate. Have not been so happy looking at someone's new car here, in a long time!
Thanks a ton buddy, have been visiting your thread, hows your white beauty treating you?? or should i ask the question the other way around .

For all who have asked for more pictures just be a little patient with me will try to take more pics and upload them asap

I got the car under company purchase scheme with a 55k discount with mats and high security number plates, also got good deals on the scuff plates and under body anti rust treatment.

Experience with the dealer

The dealer was Bhavna Ford in Nerul, they struggled to give me a test drive for about 15 days as their car was in an accident(apparently) and other issues including problem of timing. All this was because of the fact that i was attended to by a novice salesman who had joined 3 months ago. This person told me that the fiesta takes 17 seconds to get to 100kph!!!

Finally I made a big fuss and talked to Jeetendra who sent the car to my house in Wadala in the morning at 8. I drove the car for a bit on the highway and then took it to office at Nariman point. Drove about 30 kms, had the car for around an hour.

I placed the order with an email from my company on thursday 20th Aug late evening. Sent them the final purchase order on Friday evening. Was promised delivery on Saturday, 29th August, and thats what happened!!

It required a lot of pushing from my side as the week in between proved to be the longest of my life. The car was supposed to come to the dealer stock yard on wednesday, it came on friday morning! All of thursday they were unable to track the car. There were some sleepless nights

Finally on friday morning i told my boss that i wont come to office and went to the showroom. As soon as i reached, I got the news that the truck had arrived to the place where they unload the cars. Took a TD Ikon and the salesperson and a driver with me and drove there.

Tailed my car back to the showroom, did the PDI after Bhavna Ford finished their's. The car was registered without sending it to the Tardeo RTO, so got delivery of a car with ODO reading of 30 Kms. Almost All of them done under my watchful eyes. Also demanded and got an August manufactured car.

Paid the dealer 4k to grease the palms of the RTO guys so that the car did not go to Tardeo for registration(an 80Km round trip)

Got delivery on Saturday 645pm. All in all I am happy with the Bhavna Ford guys, they could have been more responsive, but they delivered on time and never wavered from the deadline.

Ok time to get back to work. Will post review of the car later.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:30   #23
BHPian

I meant they will spoil the looks.
Atleast thats what I feel.
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:46   #24
BHPian

Excellent choice, according to me the best sporty looking car on Indian roads is the Blue 1.6 S The engine sound is the most addictive, even after 5000 kms I don't normally exceed the 3000 rpm mark, however I do bring out the devil in her once a while and Man, she just roars and invites you for more....No other Indian car that I have driven gives me this kind of pleasure.......Infact a friend of mine who has a Civic mentioned that it is more fun to drive a Fiesta
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Dhaliwal View Post
....Experience with the dealer

The dealer was Bhavna Ford in Nerul....

Finally I made a big fuss and talked to Jeetendra who sent the car to my house in Wadala in the morning at 8. I drove the car for a bit on the highway and then took it to office at Nariman point. Drove about 30 kms, had the car for around an hour....

Gautam,

I was just curious, why a dealer all the way from nerul?
You got a good offer or something??
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitd View Post
I meant they will spoil the looks.
Atleast thats what I feel.
Even i am not sure of how the car will look, hence the request for photoshopping. Thought with decals I can just peel them off if i dont like the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Gautam,

I was just curious, why a dealer all the way from nerul?
You got a good offer or something??
not quite, got a decent quote, the main thing was that there are quite a few dealers there in a small area and wide open traffic free roads for TDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Excellent choice, according to me the best sporty looking car on Indian roads is the Blue 1.6 S The engine sound is the most addictive, even after 5000 kms I don't normally exceed the 3000 rpm mark, however I do bring out the devil in her once a while and Man, she just roars and invites you for more....No other Indian car that I have driven gives me this kind of pleasure.......Infact a friend of mine who has a Civic mentioned that it is more fun to drive a Fiesta
the sound is awesome!!

My high security number plates arrive on saturday, the next addition will be sun films. One query for S owners, the dealer told me that there are no secific mud flaps for the S, and the normal fiesta mud flaps will touch the road. Is that the case with your cars as well, is it ok to run without mud flaps??

Some more pics,
Attached Thumbnails
Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02160.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02162.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02163.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02164.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02165.jpg  

Old 2nd September 2009, 20:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 1.6 S.
The car looks very very good in this color.

The Aquarius fiesta calls for a good photo-shoot & high resolution pics.

Linking pics of my friend's 1.6S.
Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-137708d1242745628tmyfirstnonnonstoptravelogue3states10daysvacationdsc_0130.jpg

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-137709d1242745628tmyfirstnonnonstoptravelogue3states10daysvacationdsc_0131.jpg
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Oh man the 1.6S and that too in Blue, AWESOME. Congratulations Gautam, its THE car for a driving enthusiast . Have loads of fun with it and drive safe.
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:41   #29
BHPian

hey Gautam,

thats a real mean machine. even i have booked my 1.6 sxi premium (Platinum) from Bhavna Ford. i TDed the Blue 1.6S, and was takem away by its power ... as you rightly say, the exhaust noise is absolutely addictive. But, since i was looking at a family car (and 1.6S didt have rear headrest, rear armrest), i decided to go for 1.6Sxi. Also, liked the interiors of Sxi bit more. But nevertheless, its a Ford Fiesta 1.6 Durateq - awesome power

BTW, did you bargain for discounts et all. You seemed to have booked the car in 1 day - thats fast man...it took me almost 15-20 days to finally book (After i decided on the 1.6 Sxi.... i booked mine on 26Aug. delivery on 19 Sep (though Bhavna was ready to give delivery within 10 days, the period from 3Sep to 18Sep is not 'shubh')

Thanks and happy revving the car...

Ashish
Old 2nd September 2009, 21:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Congratulations - the 1.6S is a great car, rev happy engine, fun to drive and great handling. It is really eye-catching in that aqua-electric blue and that colour will support some discreet stickering/decals.

Cheers and drive safe,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks