Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 10:01   #31
BANNED

Blackbeast buys a White beast

Congrats on your purchase, Safari clan seems to increase here day by day.

Dont worry about the initial niggles, There are few things we pay too much of attention during the initial ownership that we get paranoid.

Steering noise occours only during LH and RH lock positions, this is common.

Engine noise, during the first 1000 kms this happens, will subside soon

Engine fan = this happens during the initial run-in period

But anyways preferably have it checked during your first 1000 km service.

congrats once again and wish you a long term happy ownership.
Old 15th September 2009, 02:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Blackbeast buys a White beast

Congrats on your purchase, Safari clan seems to increase here day by day.
Steering noise occours only during LH and RH lock positions, this is common.
Engine noise, during the first 1000 kms this happens, will subside soon
Engine fan = this happens during the initial run-in period

But anyways preferably have it checked during your first 1000 km service.
congrats once again and wish you a long term happy ownership.
Pavan, well..when i created this handle i thought i will be buying a black but it turned out to be white. . Yes, safari numbers in the forum are on a rise. I know most of you guys ( who dont know me yet ) who own safari.

I presume the Steering noise you mentioned is the hissing noise of a snake from LH and RH lock. No, i'm not referring to that though i learnt it is normal from dev during the PDI.

I hope the Engine gets quieter after 1000 kms.

Are you sure about the fan running even after bringing the vehicle to a stop and idling it for 30 min and then turn the engine off ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would say the efficiency would certainly improve to a certain extent after the truck crosses 2000kms. It would further improve after the running-in.

Steering wheel noise, does it come when turning lock to lock or during slight turns as well? There is a ring underneath the wheel which is a contact patch for the horn tongue, which at times produces squeaky sounds especially in rains. Apart from this, a casual check of the all the steering linkages and joints should resolve it.

Could be a loose connection or a faulty sensor.

What is the level of the temp meter on the dashboard? It should ideally never go past the halfway mark in normal usage. In case it is normal, the fan thermostat needs to be checked/replaced if it is kicking in earlier than required.

The gears should free up with usage and bedding in.
Ah Dev, thanks for dropping in here. I hope efficiency will improve. its just to make me feel good and proud.
The steering wheel produces sound even with slight turns. I can sense it come from under steer wheel. I should get it resolved at 1st check up.
The sensor must be faulty. If so, will tata replace it by bringing in a new sensor or they tell me to go to red soul service guys if they exist.
the temp meter stays exactly at the middle. The fan sound is so huge that people actually think the engine is turned off. i thought the same when i observed it for the first time.

Two more problems noticed.

1) The window lock provided on the driver side doesn't lock any door's glass operation. I missed to check during delivery.

2)The black burnt residue is seen on the front rims on both sides. on a couple of occasions, i smelt the burning smell. This sure must be from the discs.This should not happen since i have not applied any harsh braking so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks