Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 18:43   #16
BHPian

thanks t bhp

Well well...
With that reply, I noticed that my status Changed from a Newbee to BHPian...
Thanks to Team BHP team and Proud to get my new Label
Old 11th September 2009, 12:04   #17
BHPian

help

anybody please help me on buying the following from Cochin shops..
1. Leather seat covers
2. Philips Xtreme Power Headlights
3. Multi Charger/Laptop Charger
4. Other small things inside the car like neck rest, toys, seat beads etc..

anywhere between Trivandrum and Cochin wil be OK. please give me the name/contact of the shop.

By the way, what is your opinion of going for nylon seat covers in dual tone colors, so that it will be easy for me to replace it on need?

Thnx in advance
Old 11th September 2009, 12:50   #18
BHPian

Aneesh,
Near Mamangalam just opp to Popular Automobiles (maruti dealer) there are a set of shops (on either side of the road) that cater to all needs that you have mentioned. This is on the way from Palarivattom to Edapally (not the bypass)

You can also try Emperor car accessories which is near the Telephone Exchange, Palarivattom. This is a small shop and lone one for cars in that place, so easy to miss. For better idea, its just before Varkeys when you come from kakkanad to Palarivattom.

For Lights -: Try Osram Nightbreakers for same rating as stock. They are bright enough and lights up the night. There will be no modifications/relays required while fitting those.

Last edited by krish3 : 11th September 2009 at 12:51. Reason: Adding point about lights
Old 11th September 2009, 12:55   #19
BHPian

Thnx

Thanks Krish..

I will check it today itself
You know, all hates the car interior getting dirty everyday. After getting my new Verna, the dealer didn't give anything.. so i have to buy the skins for her.. :(

by the way do you know how much it will cost for nylon seat covers?
Old 11th September 2009, 14:22   #20
BHPian

I checked for seat covers for my GETZ as well. The guy there mentioned it starts from 3000 onwards for tight fitting seat covers, where they will remove the seats. Its not readily avaiable as they will stitch it only on order.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Seat covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
3. I'm thinking of Black+silver gray seat covers for my car. What is your opinion? Is there there any means of covering the roof and dash also?
Hi Aneesh,

Sorry for replying late. Since you have a silver car, why dont you go for some bright colours instead of silver. Of course, upholstery is largely a matter of individual preferences. But I have a feeling silver wont stand out that much visually. Also, in the long run silver will gather dust, lose sheen and start to look like stone grey!

Quote:
by the way do you know how much it will cost for nylon seat covers?
Another bit of advice, though unwarranted. I'd suggest go for art leather instead of nylon. Though nylon is cheaper, in the long run it will lose its elasticity and start to sag, completely ruining the fit and finish. Art leather is more durable, classy and equally easy to clean.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:48   #22
BHPian

thnx predator :)

Thanks predator

Anyway I will consult the shops first on basis of your opinion..
Old 11th September 2009, 15:13   #23
BHPian

Aneesh: congratulations on the new Verna, a purchase you will cherish and enjoy. Many many miles of happy motoring.

Now, regarding the art leather seat covers, I paid somewhere close to 6k for my covers that included the steering wheel. However ensure that you ask for genuine leather steering covers, because a couple of rains and the art leather steering cover on my Verna just started deteriorating, to say the least.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:26   #24
BHPian

Thnx

Thanks Suren

I went the economic way
Ordered some false-leather cover, in black+beige combination, for 4.5k.
I know that will not last for long, but for that price, it is worth. I saw some examples in Skoda and Cedia, with same material and they are looking good for almost 2 years.

For the steering wheel, i got genuine leather cover from the company itself. I don't want to put an extra cover on that, because its giving good feeling to the hands..

Thanks for the wishes.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:32   #25
BHPian

Two weekends have passed and you are yet to upload pics of your Verna.

Do upload with pics of seat and steering covers as well.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:17   #26
BHPian

yeah

Hi Krish..

I know this is a loong period I started the thread.. but you know how much busy people-just-married will be ...
Seat covers and headlight changes are in progress at the shop today.. I thought will take some snaps after that, because I haven't taken the car to cochin with me..

Sorry for the delay
Old 14th September 2009, 14:24   #27
BHPian

HI Aneesh,

Congrats on your new love. Welcome to the Verna club.

yopu might look into upgrading the headlights to 90/100 with ceramic holders. Nothing much can be done to the fog lights as they serve no purpose apart from show. maxium that you can do is get the fog light adjusted a bit.

Have fun and drive safe.

awaiting pics of your new love.

P.S. how about changing your profile pic from maroon to silver verna
Old 14th September 2009, 14:29   #28
BHPian

same

hi sajands

Very well pointed. I have told the Car accessory shop boys (they are working on my car now!!) to put Philips Xtreme Power 60/55w since anything above that need a relay change. I asked for bixenon projectors but they says its not coming for Verna!!! That news is a shock to me because I was planning to upgrade the headlights after warranty period to a xenon projector set up.

Yes, I have told them to adjust the fog lamp little bit forward.

Yes, to a silver Verna, am going to change
Old 14th September 2009, 15:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi sajands

Very well pointed. I have told the Car accessory shop boys (they are working on my car now!!) to put Philips Xtreme Power 60/55w since anything above that need a relay change. I asked for bixenon projectors but they says its not coming for Verna!!! That news is a shock to me because I was planning to upgrade the headlights after warranty period to a xenon projector set up.

Yes, I have told them to adjust the fog lamp little bit forward.

Yes, to a silver Verna, am going to change
whats wrong with adding a relay ? and hey there is currently no relay for the headlights if you were thinking there was.

ready made projector setups like the one available for swift are not available for verna , there is even a thread on TBHP dedicated to this cause. But there are other options available , but at a cost which i believe is too much.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mps-verna.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...s-verna-2.html
Old 14th September 2009, 15:20   #30
BHPian

thnx

Thanks Hellstar..

I thought let us change the bulb only now, without disturbing the wiring/relay part, so that I wont get any threat from the warranty part. Also many of the t-bhpians pointed that Philips bulbs itself will make a difference. I am buying the bulbs for Rs:200 each from Amans CarShoppe, Kayamkulam, Alleppy. They are doing the seat cover too (for Rs:4.5k).

I will look into the alternatives for projectors now on..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks