Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2013, 22:57   #751
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Scorpio doesn't have any diff locks or LSD. If there is wheel spin, you have to say prayers and try to get out.
Correction:

The Scorpio CAN be fitted with an MLD (Mechanically LOCKING Differential) at the rear. Hariya has it.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th November 2013 at 10:43. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 24th September 2013, 12:57   #752
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hilux (which Fortuner is based on) is rated 5-star in ANCAP safety rating. However, those are the single & extra cab 4WD variants meet the standard.
Dual cab variants favoured by active families & 4x2s weren't tested by ANCAP, so these remain 4-star rated.

More details here:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/news/2013...p-rating-39041
Old 30th September 2013, 00:06   #753
BHPian

Finally the replacement for our safari has arrived.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130930_000228.png
Views: 6185
Size:  398.6 KB

A detailed ownership thread will follow.
amolpol is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 06:13   #754
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amolpol,

Many congratulations on your new acquisition!

Looking forward to the ownership thread and delivery experience details. Seems to be yet one more blockbuster thread in the making from the sneak preview picture :-)

Happy Motoring!
Old 30th September 2013, 11:56   #755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolpol View Post
Finally the replacement for our safari has arrived.
A detailed ownership thread will follow.
Great buy.. congratulations. Wishing you long happy miles...
Old 1st October 2013, 09:42   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Great buy.. congratulations. Wishing you long happy miles...
Thanks m_upreti

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Amolpol,

Many congratulations on your new acquisition!

Looking forward to the ownership thread and delivery experience details. Seems to be yet one more blockbuster thread in the making from the sneak preview picture :-)

Happy Motoring!
Thanks getsurya, I was just reading through your thread a few days ago while waiting for my beast to arrive.

The ownership thread is now online: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...aybe-life.html
Old 21st October 2013, 14:58   #757
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Fortuner 4X4 TRD Sportivo edition launched

Link to News Section

Bang in the middle of the Indian festive season, Toyota Kirloskar Motors Limited (TKML) has launched the TRD (Toyota Racing Development) Sportivo edition of the Fortuner 4X4 SUV. 400 examples of the Fortuner 4X4 TRD Sportivo edition will be sold in India, endowing the SUV with a modicum of exclusivity. The TRD edition will be available in two paint shades: White and Silver.

Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-2013-toyota-fortuner-4x4-trd-sportivo-edition.jpg

Nationwide bookings commence immediately and Toyota expects to sell the TRD edition of the SUV until December 2013. The TRD edition of the Fortuner is based on the 3 liter engined, manual gearbox equipped 4X4 variant of the SUV. The Fortuner TRD Edition is priced at 24.26 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi, making it the most expensive Fortuner variant sold in the Indian car market.

Here is the round up of features available on the Fortuner TRD:
  • Body stripe
  • Spoilers for the front and rear bumpers
  • TRD emblem
  • Rear roof spoiler
  • Chrome treatment for radiator grille

Although the TRD version of the Fortuner sold internationally gets many more changes such as refreshed interiors, a suspension kit tuned for better handling and additional features on the inside, the India-spec TRD Fortuner is limited to the body kit on the outside. The Fortuner's 3 liter-4 cylinder D-4D turbo diesel engine is carried over unchanged.

This motor outputs 171 PS-343 Nm. The engine is mated to a five speed manual gearbox that drives all four wheels of the SUV through a full-time 4 wheel drive system. The Fortuner is also available in rear wheel drive-manual transmission and rear wheel drive-automatic transmission guises. The 5 speed automatic gearbox equipped variant of the Fortuner gets additional torque, a full 360 Nm of it.

The Toyota Fortuner has the capacity of seating 7 adults. Notably, TRD versions of the Fortuner, under the Sportivo badge, have already been available in 4X2 MT and 4X2 AT trims. Therefore, the TRD Sportivo edition of the Fortuner in 4X4 guise represents the first instance of this SUV being available in 4X4 guise.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 21st October 2013 at 14:59. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 16:05   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota and its exterior body kits! How on earth is the addition of those few minute changes worth 76k more than the regular 4x4 variant?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 21:17   #759
BHPian

This is the model I had seen in the floors of Harsha Toyota Showroom at Guindy,Chennai about 15 days back and I had also reported this in my previous posts, However I am startled to know that this is limited to 400 models only and until December 2013. It looks good, while the TRD sticker job on the doors does not justify in a 30lakhs car.
Old 11th November 2013, 22:27   #760
BHPian

Need some information:

when was the new fortuner available in showrooms. I am considering buying a pre owned fortuner which is manufactured in jan 2012 and registered in feb 2012 but it is not the new model with the touch screen ICE and dark wood finishing.

Also what was the price of the fortuner in feb 2012.
Old 12th November 2013, 20:27   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Need some information:

when was the new fortuner available in showrooms. I am considering buying a pre owned fortuner which is manufactured in jan 2012 and registered in feb 2012 but it is not the new model with the touch screen ICE and dark wood finishing.

Also what was the price of the fortuner in feb 2012.
Hi TorquePeedo - 2012 face lift was available in showrooms from Jan 2012 onwards after the Auto Expo. Do keep us posted on the amount they are asking for a face lift. This was also the time when they came with Auto (4 Speed) and 4x2 version. Auto (5 Speed) came 2013 February sometime.
Ahmed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 20:30   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post

Hi TorquePeedo - 2012 face lift was available in showrooms from Jan 2012 onwards after the Auto Expo. Do keep us posted on the amount they are asking for a face lift. This was also the time when they came with Auto (4 Speed) and 4x2 version. Auto (5 Speed) came 2013 February sometime.
Were the classic model sold side by side then as the one I am being offered is not the facelifted one.
Old 13th November 2013, 08:33   #763
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Were the classic model sold side by side then as the one I am being offered is not the facelifted one.
For a short duration, yes, since a few dealers had stocks of the old model and hence had to clear them. But please keep in mind that those cars were sold with a discount of around 1.5 lac on the ex showroom price.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 05:16   #764
BHPian

New Advertisement for Toyota Fortuner doing rounds

Quote:
Positioning the vehicle with the phrase 'Freedom is beautiful', the campaign by Draftfcb also highlights its 4x4 capability with unique camera angles and juxtaposing its design with rugged terrain here
Also new updated one launched outside india as per this link

Last edited by roadjourno : 23rd November 2013 at 05:25.
roadjourno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 13:21   #765
BHPian

I saw an interesting specimen today, all covered up with some kind of paint protection film (the underlying color appears to be black).

I'll reserve all comments (positive/negative) about the choice of the film color. However, I was wondering if this whole-body-paint-protection thing is the new craze. How much would such an effort cost for the likes of the Fortuner?

Incidentally, I happened to spot a BMW 3 with the same treatment, albeit different color, yesterday in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Toyota Fortuner-20131125_123531_small.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks