Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 20:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

Blue and me is typical Microsoft product. Imagine it like a hanging windows XP.
If something goes wrong, just restart them or disconnect the battery and allow the system to reset. Restart the Blue n Me and its back to normal

@Geesh,

whats new with Blue n Me 5.4?
Old 7th November 2010, 21:35   #62

Blue and Me is a great feature in the Linea, one of the best bluetooth products in the market. In case of any issue try to delete and reconnect the bluetooth with your phone.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:03   #63
BHPian

On Sunday I had to drive down to Chikamagalur on some emergency. Though it was a emergency, I didn't want to rush to the destination.

The drive was a stressless one. Till I reached the Kamath hotel which comes before Hassan, the mileage was very impressive.

Name:  ForumRunner_20111220_085546.png
Views: 969
Size:  233.5 KB

By the time I reached Chikamagalur the traffic increased a lot and brought down my average mileage of the car

Name:  ForumRunner_20111220_085842.png
Views: 1005
Size:  324.1 KB

I left the next day morning around 9AM and reached my home around 1:30 for lunch. It was almost a non stop drive except for 5 min break. The average mileage on the way back was good

Name:  ForumRunner_20111220_090154.png
Views: 983
Size:  306.4 KB

Finally the overall mileage for the entire trip was something like this

24.2 kmpl

All these mileage figures will be valid once I refill the tank and calculate the actuals
Attached Images

Last edited by kodivasanth : 20th December 2011 at 09:14.
kodivasanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2011, 09:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Re: Linea Diesel Test Drive and Booking experience

Great Mileage Vasanth.
After a very long time, you have posted in your thread.
I too used to get 20+ kmpl always in Highway with 100% Ac and 14- 15.5 Kmpl in City with 100% Ac.
Linea is very FE car and I am waiting for the 2012 Model.
If it fits my taste, i will exchange my Silverstreak with the new Version.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:35   #65
BHPian

Thanks Karthik

The actual mileage turned out to 21.6 kmpl for the overall trip

In city my best has been 15.6 kmpl

With 100% AC the mileage drops drastically
Old 20th December 2011, 15:21   #66
BHPian

friends can you please update me regarding the Fuel efficiency you got when the car has covered 5000 kms. In my linea MJ i am getting only 12km/lit, the car has down 5000 km. when i showed to tata service station they are telling that the FE will increase only after the 15K service. can you share your experience. I dont rely on the service station...
Old 20th December 2011, 17:02   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
friends can you please update me regarding the Fuel efficiency you got when the car has covered 5000 kms. In my linea MJ i am getting only 12km/lit, the car has down 5000 km. when i showed to tata service station they are telling that the FE will increase only after the 15K service. can you share your experience. I dont rely on the service station...
I get 15kmpl in city traffic 100% AC on. On highways with heavy foot 18-20kmpl. This has been consistent since about 2500km mark was reached (current reading 30000Kms)
Old 20th December 2011, 17:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms
I have consistently received 13 kmpl with AC in blore traffic. Foe the last months i have been a very lazy driver and dont floor the accelarator now a day and have been getting around 15 kmpl. Also note that i travel 20 one way to office through blore traffic

Not to forget that after 15000 kms my car became more rev free and smooth too

Last edited by kodivasanth : 20th December 2011 at 17:48.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:56   #69
BHPian

Booked : Linea GC upgrade kit

Hi all,

On friday I had to carry full load(5 Adults+2 Kids) in my Linea MJD and had a very embarrassing time whenever the car had to cross over a speedbreaker. I then decided that I really need to have that macho ground clearance on my car. Called concorde and got the bank details and transfered Rs 3000/- as booking amount.

Got the confirmation from the spares manager that they have received my payment and have already placed the order. Just waiting for the spares to reach the service center.

There might be many questions that will be asked on the handling part.. Rest assured that I am not Schumi who is going to enter and exit corners at speeds more than 120+ so that means the extra GC is not going to disturb me driving style.

Last edited by kodivasanth : 22nd February 2012 at 22:57. Reason: updated the title
kodivasanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 23:14   #70
Senior - BHPian

So you're the first BHPian to go for the official ground clearance upgrade!

Taking of the bottom scrapping issue, do you take the speed-breakers diagonally? Does the car scrape everytime or only when the car is loaded to the max?

Please do keep us updated with the upgrades, costs and likes. If possible share the WIP pics.
Old 23rd February 2012, 08:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class
Taking of the bottom scrapping issue, do you take the speed-breakers diagonally? Does the car scrape everytime or only when the car is loaded to the max?

Please do keep us updated with the upgrades, costs and likes. If possible share the WIP pics.
I can manage when there are two in the car but it hurts when there are more. The embarrassing part is the most painful to bear.

I will try to capture pics if possible during the fitment
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:09   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryms View Post
Mine is 2009 MJD. I always drive with 100% AC on. Get around 13+ in bumper-to-bumper city traffic and daily office communte (21kms each way on outer ring road) gives around 19. Highway drives have always been 20+ and the best I have measured under a normal journey is 24.5 with 4 adults. I have also done an "ideal" test on nice road driving at constant 70kmph and the MID showed 33kmpl !!!
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:19   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Mine is 2009 MJD. I always drive with 100% AC on. Get around 13+ in bumper-to-bumper city traffic and daily office communte (21kms each way on outer ring road) gives around 19. Highway drives have always been 20+ and the best I have measured under a normal journey is 24.5 with 4 adults. I have also done an "ideal" test on nice road driving at constant 70kmph and the MID showed 33kmpl !!!
wow you are getting good FE. I hope one day i will get that too. can you please tell me how many KM has your car done.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:31   #74
BHPian

Harry, my car has now done close to 30000 kms (just a couple of hundred kms off)..So I presume that it has settled down into it's optimal age now!

Another point is that I have race-chip installed and I have tuned to sometime ago to get better city driveability, not sure if that's helping the FE, but its definitely made a positive difference to the drive :-)
Old 26th March 2012, 18:11   #75
BHPian

Here is the story on the Linea upgrade for the ground clearance

Episode 1

2nd week of Feb I saw the update on the fiat page on Facebook

On 17th I transferred 3000 as booking amount for the upgrade kit. As usual the spares arrival date was not known. During the 3rd week called up the service center to confirm the receipt of the advance.

The order was placed but not sure how long it would take to receive the spares.

2nd week of March there was no status on the availability of the spares. Shot couple of emails to fiat folks and got the confirmation that the invoice was raised on the 7th. Glad to know that finally the invoice was done and the spares would arrive before the end of March.

On the 12th March shot one more email to the spares manager telling him that if the spares don't arrive by the 13th, they will have to fix the kit free of cost and I would pay only for the spares.. In couple of hours I get a reply saying that the spares have arrived.

hurray.. now the confirmation has come, I am searching for the service center number to fix an appointment and suddenly I get a call from the service center enquiring when I can bring my car for the 45K regular service.. I inform the lady that the 45K service will have to wait but do book a slot on the 14th to fit the upgrade kit. The lady immediately blocked the date and confirmed the same over the phone.

I am now eagerly waiting when the 14th will come. As 15th was daughter's b'day there was quite bit of shopping to do. I finished most of the shopping by 13th so that I can keep the 14th free for the kit upgrade. All set and done on the 14th I drop my kid to school and head to the service center. I take the road via the bangalore university which is in pretty bad state as everyone might know. As I was driving through those roads, I said to myself... Man today will be the last day where you will be scraping the car on this stretch... It takes me 20 mins to reach the service center. I get greeted by the security guard and get a pink slip(appointment sheet) which I show it to the reception. In 10 mins time I see Somu and Gopal walking towards me. They were eagerly waiting for me to bring the car to fix the kit. They have recieved 2 kits so far and it was confirmed that one was mine ..

The SA(Gopal) explains me that the kit has arrived and they can start the work once the advance payment confirmation is received from the head office.(remember I made the booking by paying online). The supervisor(Somu) talks to couple of folks and said it can he handled during the final settlement. I told Somu that I want to take the pics of the WIP, but he denied saying they had an issue earlier and have stopped folks taking pics inside the workshop. hmmm.. ok np, I have already taken some pics at home. Lets see how it can be compared after the upgrade is done..

Somu spoke about the charges. It would cost me 11k for the spares and around 1400 for the labor which might include the wheel alignment(around Rs 300). He also confirmed that the wheel alignment readings will change hereafter and I will need to tell specifially that they have to do the alignment which is prescribed for the 2012 Linea models. hmm.. need to remember this whenever I go for alignment.. Agreed to the expense and allow them to start working on the car as I casually check the accessories section for the Door Sill Plates. No one available at the accessories desk, I go back and relax in the customer lounge and read up couple of automobile magazines

This is the end of Episode 1

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks