Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2009, 02:39   #31
BHPian

More pics as promised. Sorry about the dirty car though.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02846.jpg  

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02872.jpg  

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02856.jpg  

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02858.jpg  

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02861.jpg  

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-dsc02866.jpg  

sujaylahiri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2009, 04:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Hey Mohit / Sujay, How tough is it to get license in Canada, i am staying in Regina, Saskatchaven, a bit worried about the upcoming winter, any advice? between, nice looking car, good choice.
wow very good to see somebody from Regina here.
I live in Regain too. Call me at 306-581-7867

Great buy Sujay. Subaru has always been on one of my top favorite.
The color choice is great. I often drive to Edmonton and Calgary from Regina and enjoy the great drive. Its pretty much straight drive in Prairre.
I am looking forward to buying 2010 4Runner in Red once it hits the showroom here in Canada. Will post the pics once the beauty is home.
Enjoy the drive and stay safe..
Old 28th October 2009, 05:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullRock View Post
wow very good to see somebody from Regina here.
I live in Regain too. Call me at 306-581-7867

Great buy Sujay. Subaru has always been on one of my top favorite.
The color choice is great. I often drive to Edmonton and Calgary from Regina and enjoy the great drive. Its pretty much straight drive in Prairre.
I am looking forward to buying 2010 4Runner in Red once it hits the showroom here in Canada. Will post the pics once the beauty is home.
Enjoy the drive and stay safe..
Yeah the 4runner is a nice vehicle in its own right. Make sure you also look at the 2010 Subaru Forester and the Tribeca as well. Check out this link which shows what the Forester can do, which is basically a jacked up Impreza with the same engine choices and interior.

2009 Subaru Forester: Unsupervised Off-Road Mayhem - 2009 Subaru Forester - Jalopnik
Old 28th October 2009, 09:49   #34
BHPian

Looks pretty nice matey. Be sure to clean 'er up.
Old 3rd November 2009, 00:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Yeah the 4runner is a nice vehicle in its own right. Make sure you also look at the 2010 Subaru Forester and the Tribeca as well. Check out this link which shows what the Forester can do, which is basically a jacked up Impreza with the same engine choices and interior.

2009 Subaru Forester: Unsupervised Off-Road Mayhem - 2009 Subaru Forester - Jalopnik
I have decided to go with Toyota. My first aim was to buy a LandCruiser, but unfortunately its not available in Canada and I am not intrested in importing it from states, so decided to go with 4Runner. The Lexus version of LandCruiser available in Canada is ridiculously expensive.
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me, or does the engine bay look a bit too dusty for a new car? The red paint on the insides of the bay looks a bit faded (if not covered by a layer of dirt).

I saw one car similar to yours,Sujay. I've always seen the WRX (old & new), and I must say this Imprezza did look a lot bigger than I anticipated.Was a Mica grey color & pretty looking!
Old 11th November 2009, 13:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Is it just me, or does the engine bay look a bit too dusty for a new car? The red paint on the insides of the bay looks a bit faded (if not covered by a layer of dirt).

I saw one car similar to yours,Sujay. I've always seen the WRX (old & new), and I must say this Imprezza did look a lot bigger than I anticipated.Was a Mica grey color & pretty looking!
The engine bay has a different shade of red compared to the one outside. One of the reasons it's so dirty is because it was parked outside for about 3 weeks when I was visiting India and it had recently come back from a 1000 km round trip to Edmonton as well.

The 2008+ Imprezas are known to get their paint chipped or scraped off easily, and mine was no different. My Impreza's hood was completely repainted by the dealer before my purchase and there are still visible paint scrapes near the rear wheel fenders and even some on the roof. That's not a good sign since the car is just over a year old. My front windshield was also replaced by the dealership before I took delivery (would've cost me $600), as it had cracked pretty badly from rocks and stone chips on the highway. Driving on Alberta's roads, especially in the winter time really takes a lot out of your car, with stones, rocks, salt everywhere on the highway.

Anyway my newest "Christmas Gifts" for my car are a new set of Osram Night Breaker headlamps (for low beam) and a 3M Scotchgard clearbra for the front part of the hood and the fenders. This is in addition to the stage 1 sway bar kit which I haven't been able to install yet (it's fricken -5 C already outside these days and I don't have a garage).

I'm also enjoying the oversteery handling of the Impreza, and it has enabled me to do 90 degree right turns at unbelievable speeds while kicking the tail out until the VDC (stability+traction control) viciously kicks in like an angry schoolteacher and straightens everything out. I leave the VDC button on at all times to keep myself sane. The Lancer before would just understeer endlessly until it could go no more and then would look like an idiot stuck in the middle of nowhere. I am never buying FWD cars ever again, not even the Golf.

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 11th November 2009 at 13:18.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:43   #38
BHPian

Hey, I too live Close by, but In The US and we geta lot of snow.

I got a set of Nokian hakkappelitas RSi 185/65 R 15 for my accord, It was $328 installed.We haven't got snow yet to test'em out on the snow. Check the reviews on the Nokians , people swear by them.

Last edited by Jomz : 25th November 2009 at 09:44.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
Hey, I too live Close by, but In The US and we geta lot of snow.

I got a set of Nokian hakkappelitas RSi 185/65 R 15 for my accord, It was $328 installed.We haven't got snow yet to test'em out on the snow. Check the reviews on the Nokians , people swear by them.
Wow I totally forgot about this thread.

Anyway I've decided to stick with the Bridgestone all-seasons for this winter. They still provide amazing grip along with the AWD system and the electronic nannies.

My first priority right now is to get a remote starter installed. Check out the weather forecast for next week.

I'm Imprezzed !!! (Subaru Impreza)-weather.jpg
Old 11th December 2009, 08:32   #40
BHPian

Congrats sujaylahiri on the new ride. It looks to be in great condition and well maintained.

It looks more like the toyota corolla altis that is available here in india. I personally liked the older impreza sedan. Anyway happy and safe motoring do keep updating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks