Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 19:52   #46
BANNED

@somu, you didn't answered my question man!

i'm soon going to book the car (next week probably) and this thing i definitely want.. but its not available
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:17   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
@somu, you didn't answered my question man!

i'm soon going to book the car (next week probably) and this thing i definitely want.. but its not available
He did answer! Check the post previous to yours
Old 3rd November 2009, 22:37   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
He did answer! Check the post previous to yours
yea.. i know. after i finished posting the post. i saw his reply to my post. we both replied at the same time.
Old 8th November 2009, 21:54   #49
DRC
BHPian

Somu,
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy.
In-dash DVD is excellent and truely feature rich. Do you see any difference in quality of sound?
Old 8th November 2009, 22:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Somu,
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy.
In-dash DVD is excellent and truely feature rich. Do you see any difference in quality of sound?
Actually I never really tried the standard 6-CD changer so don't really know if there is difference in sound quality. But ya I changed the standard factory speakers to Polk Audio speakers, both front and back. That has definitely improved the sound a lot.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

I had a question to ask about the Altis, does the ORVM fold backwards (incase of somebody clashing into it)? And obviously, I hope that it can be adjusted from the inside.
Old 10th November 2009, 07:58   #52
BANNED

Quote:
I had a question to ask about the Altis, does the ORVM fold backwards (incase of somebody clashing into it)? And obviously, I hope that it can be adjusted from the inside.
yes, both the ORVMs can be adjusted from inside. But backwards mean on to the other side???
Old 10th November 2009, 09:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know if they fold backwards or not. Have never tried it. But will let you know tonight. And yes, as per your question, they can be adjusted as well as retracted from inside with the flick of a button.
Old 10th November 2009, 12:15   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, both the ORVMs can be adjusted from inside. But backwards mean on to the other side???
Quote:
Don't know if they fold backwards or not. Have never tried it. But will let you know tonight. And yes, as per your question, they can be adjusted as well as retracted from inside with the flick of a button.
Yes, backwards incase of accidental contact of the ORVM with a overtaking biker or other car. This is becoz in one of my recent trips in a Baleno, I heard a loud thud in a heavy traffic situation only to find the ORVM turned backwards. After straightening it out, it was fine, as if nothing had happened.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 10th November 2009 at 12:27.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:54   #55

Hey Congrats. Yhe Corolla looks very glamorous with high-end trims. I've been shopping for a new car for India. Just test drove the new Corolla here in Southern California and liked the way it drove... may just buy it.

Question- I just need a basic model- manual tranny, AC, power windows/locks/ etc, cloth interior. How much should I expect to pay? Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Shantanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hello team,

After thinking a lot and juggling between Civic, Linea, City and Altis; I decided to go for the New Corolla Altis G model. Took the delivery of the car on Sunday the 20th. Before purchasing, Corolla Altis was my last choice in the list mainly because of its looks. But somehow I have just fallen in love with this great looking no-nonsense car. Bought a manual transmission one as I felt maintaining automatics would be a little on the higher side. Took a couple of accessories from the dealership. Following is a list of what I bought along with its pricing.

1. Toyota In-Dash DVD system with 6.5" touch screen. It also has USB and SD card slots. It has bluetooth connectivity for phone and also as GPS and TV functionality. The cost was 32,500 but the dealership reduced 5000 for the stereo that came standard so I ended up paying 27,500.

2. Scuff plates with blue light on the front ones for 6742/-

3. Lumar Neutral 50 sun control films all over the car including windshield for 7000/-

4. Reverse Camera for Rs. 2000/-. I purchased just the camera and not the display because the toyota dvd system i purchased was compatible with this camera.

5. Autocop TrackPro central locking with GPS tracking facility for 16,500/-

Item number 3,4 and 5 were purchased from an external accessory shop, not from the dealer.

Driving experience so far has been very good. Especially considering that I was used to driving an accent, this actually feels like heaven. Not that Accent is a bad car, I still have it and love it .

Will write a full report of fuel efficiency and comfort and handling once I have driven it for some time. Here are some of the pictures that I clicked.

And ya the dealership experience was very good, so I would recommend Galaxy Toyota, Defense Colony to anyone staying in South Delhi. Staff was friendly too.
Old 7th December 2009, 20:02   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
ya I will get rid of the plastic today, new car you see so kinda like to keep the covers on for a few days lol

The steering controls works perfectly with the HU. That was the added advantage of getting a toyota HU.

On road price including all the extra packages I took was 13,63,750/- after a discount of 11,000 on the insurance. Now this price also includes the 27500 + 6742 that i paid for the Head Unit and the scuff plates respectively. There was no other discount. I took the body care package (anti rust + Teflon) and the Essential package (BCP+Mats+Exhaust tip muffler+trunk mat)

Hey, congrats on the new car! The head unit is an aftermarket accessory, not created by toyota but its built to sit perfectly within the block available. Ive been doing some research and plan to import this one
EONON E1055- 7 inch in dash car dvd player for TOYOTA COROLLA(2-din)
since its the only one i can find. Will need to do some digging in Mumbai to see if the unit you have is available here.

I noticed that the one you have seems to have a 'Night Screen' mode that I think adjusts the colors/contrast so that the screen is not distracting to the driver at night [atleast this is what I think the 'Moon' on the bottom left of the radio screen does?]. Would really appreciate confirmation and it would be great if you could take pictures during the day and [especially[ night showing the different contrasts and the Music system interface.

Thanks a tonne!
Old 7th December 2009, 22:41   #57
BHPian

That is a very good car. Congrats and enjoy your drive. I have also seen your post about your Hyundai Accent GLE. I must say that your Accent also looks great. Are you planning to sell it off now or keeping it in addition to Altis?
Old 17th July 2014, 20:32   #58
BHPian

Re: Finally took delivery of my 2009 Corolla Altis GL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegman View Post
Hey, congrats on the new car! The head unit is an aftermarket accessory, not created by toyota but its built to sit perfectly within the block available. Ive been doing some research and plan to import this one
EONON E1055- 7 inch in dash car dvd player for TOYOTA COROLLA(2-din)
since its the only one i can find. Will need to do some digging in Mumbai to see if the unit you have is available here.

I noticed that the one you have seems to have a 'Night Screen' mode that I think adjusts the colors/contrast so that the screen is not distracting to the driver at night [atleast this is what I think the 'Moon' on the bottom left of the radio screen does?]. Would really appreciate confirmation and it would be great if you could take pictures during the day and [especially[ night showing the different contrasts and the Music system interface.

Thanks a tonne!

Hi...I have been looking up the site to check on 'Eonon' in-dash players. I found a couple of threads only which mention this product and one of them was yours though it is quite a few years ago. I was just wondering if you ever went ahead with the purchase and if yes, how the product has behaved since then. Please do let me know as I intend to upgrade the HU on my car as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks