Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 20:41   #16
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Congratulations SLK, Enjoy your ride. Could we have some pics, esp of interiors?
I have taken very few pics, normally I'm always late for office in the day and night is not worth clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
Now, that is some attitude. What do they mean by handling cars delicately? Would it not cost money to repair that? I think that needs to be brought up to Maruti.
Yes, done. But I don't expect that to help, neither am I interested.
Have been to Honda, Maruti & Hyundai [friend's car] service centres and I can pretty much generalise that all these are a bunch of in-competent idiots, who think they are too smart. We got to live with that.

Pictures:
Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-1208200910251.jpgRitz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-1208200910281.jpg
Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-1208200910291.jpgRitz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-1508200910351.jpg
Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-1508200910361.jpg

Last edited by SLK : 30th September 2009 at 20:57.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Nice review - I have a ritz petrol zxi and lots of things are common. I agree about the third gear feedback/movement - irritating!!
Got my Zxi on the 29th and have logged 200 km since. Find absolutely no movement on gear lever in 3rd or any other gear. Maybe there is some thing not tightened properly in the fastening of gearbox, or maybe the folks at Maruti are reading this forum!
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:47   #18
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Got my Zxi on the 29th and have logged 200 km since. Find absolutely no movement on gear lever in 3rd or any other gear. Maybe there is some thing not tightened properly in the fastening of gearbox, or maybe the folks at Maruti are reading this forum!
Diesel gearbox is different. It's got a very heavy Diesel feel to it, don't think MASS is capable of fixing it withoug breaking a couple of other things.

Anyways, more pictures of interiors
Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-011020091067.jpg

Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-011020091068.jpg

Ritz VDi - Initial Ownership Report - 2 months-011020091069.jpg
Old 5th October 2009, 22:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

SLK,
My Gear Cable went Kaput and MUL replaced it. Have noticed that ever since then the feedback is not pronounced that much...but when the lever is slotted in Neutral the lever is not stiff as what it was earlier...but again no complaints as i dont feel any difference b/w earlier gearshifts and now...they are still crisp and to the point.
Old 17th December 2009, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Hi SLK, Congrats on your new purchase, i know i am bit late in congratulating u but better late than never..... i also have a Wagon R Lxi 2008 model but i am also planning to upgrade it to Ritz....
A very well described and written review covering all most all the poits which a user want to know... i've only one question in mind.. as u have mentioned that u've purchased a vdi model, and said that u've got a factory fitted music system... but as far as i know only Zxi model has the factory fitted music system... can u please throw some light on it....
Old 17th December 2009, 20:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Dear Dkb,

I am a owner of Ritz VDI ABS. I did not get factory fitted ICE. You are right that ZXI is the only model has the factory fitted. He might have meant to say MGA Head Unit or music system. Any how I do await for his clarification.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:00   #22
Team-BHP Support

Congrats SLK
most strongest contender as my next car purchase,
from the pics i presume the interiors do light up in amber color(really hate that)
white would have been great,
Old 17th December 2009, 23:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK;1503833Got a small dent on the door, at the first service at Competent Automobiles [Gazipur
when they bumped some other car’s door into mine – and they said we can’t handle cars so delicately.
I went back to check if you really bought your Ritz from a TATA-FIAT outlet

Last edited by gemithomas : 17th December 2009 at 23:22.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Thomas,

If it is of Ritz. You report their words and deed to MUL. They will handle them. Make it sure that the Service Center is a MASS one. If so don't back up. They will be well dealt. Most of the MASS people think, that we won't take it up. Just one washing they did not do well in one of the MASS in Madurai, I told that I am not satisfied with the work when the MUL cross checked, then the AWM called and asked me to withdraw the complain and they will do one free wash when I visit next time.

Last edited by navan49 : 17th December 2009 at 23:28.
Old 18th December 2009, 01:36   #25
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb007 View Post
Hi SLK, Congrats on your new purchase, i know i am bit late in congratulating u but better late than never.....
Thanks My car is close to 8k kms now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb007 View Post
as u have mentioned that u've purchased a vdi model, and said that u've got a factory fitted music system... but as far as i know only Zxi model has the factory fitted music system... can u please throw some light on it....
No, the music system didn't come fitted from factory. Instead in July, Maruti had a scheme of giving this system (you can say, from the ZXI) free with the car. This system was installed by the dealer (10 mins job), though as the system didn't come with speakers, I got them from regular car music shop.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

That might be from MUL or from the dealer too. Please enjoy the freebie Music system. How does that system work? Is it good?
Old 18th December 2009, 09:32   #27
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
That might be from MUL or from the dealer too. Please enjoy the freebie Music system. How does that system work? Is it good?
Came from Maruti, every dealer was giving it.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hi Slk,

It is good and you are a lucky one, If the System is good to your taste. I got Cash discount 8000 and I invested the same for the HU of Kenwood. In addition there were some minor free bies.
Old 18th December 2009, 19:36   #29
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Slk,

It is good and you are a lucky one, If the System is good to your taste. I got Cash discount 8000 and I invested the same for the HU of Kenwood. In addition there were some minor free bies.
The system is average. But looks good. For once, I wanted that '1 piece dash' look.

The system has a pre-out, so whenever I feel the need for a woofer and amp, I can plug those in.

The Aux port is quite useful too, phone/music player something is plugged in always.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:15   #30
BHPian

oh my slk,
you seem like the saddest satisfied customer. trust me the ritz is a very good buy. heck i might have bought the ritz if it were launched 2 years earlier. i am fairly satisfied with the swift vdi owner though. however let me reassure you that after a long drvie while the chap in the swift is sore in a lot of places you will be sleeping peacefully in bed. plus everyone will be a lot more comfy in a ritz as compard to a swift.
oh and let me reassure you if you have what it takes you can smoke 90% of the swift drivers on the curves and smile. very few who actually push it to the limit.
and if you want to do it comfortably just switch to a wider profile tyre and you wont even break a sweat.
hope i managed to cheer you a little bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks