Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 19:54   #1
BHPian

Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)

At the onset,would like to thank AnantNehru,Nurni,Meer,Rajneesh,Nilanjan,Amit.Appre ciate your patience while answering my queries,some might have been very trivial as well.Thanks a ton.

It all started a year back.From the time the SX4 was launched in 2007,wanted to own one(if I had the money).I was happy with my Swift when a friend of mine wanted to buy a diesel Swift.We TD-ed the Swift and was coming back to office when we noticed the Ford showroom just opposite.We took the TD of the Fiesta S and it was awesome.Since his budget had now increased,TD-ed the NHC,SX4,Aveo and Verna.Now while doing these test drives,suddenly there was an urge in me to go for the SX4 although in these times of recession,it didnt seem like a sensible decision.Somehow kept deferring until a month back when I finally decided to take the plunge.

So went to Machino Techno(my Swift was purchased from there as well) and wanted to exchange my Swift.Got a decent price and there was a discount of around 35K on the SX4.TD-ed the SX4 although that was more of a formality.Booked it by giving 5K on 18/08.

I had it booked it through a person named Manab Ghosh and he was really helpful.Just after I made the booking,gave me the id of a Maruti person and told me to mail him for quicker delivery.Now am not sure why there would be a waiting time for SX4 since it hardly sells.Maruti seem to be spot on in estimating this and also seems they have hiked the Dzire production.Also,Manab had sent me a SMS on 30/08 saying the car has been despatched from Gurgaon.The car finally arrived on the 7th of Sep.On Wed,9th Sep an adv on the ToI said the discount on the Sx4 had increased to 45K.Couldnt believe my luck coz I was going to make the balance payments later that day.I had informed Manab that I want to do a pre-registration check and he duly obliged.When I saw the car for the first time,it looked so so awesome.Check the odo and it was 20kms.Took a small TD,checked the car and looked OK.Manab showed me the VIN no as well which was H9(manufactured in Aug 09).The label on the seats said 28/08 and the battery 25/08.Paid the amount and thought of taking the delivery on Sat 12/09.

Due to some work on Sat,was pushed back to Mon 14/09.Told Mom in the morning that I was going to take the delivery when she said that its BHADRO mash(a month in the Bengali Calender considered inauspicious).She said to postpone it to Fri,which was Mahalaya,a very good day.I was really miffed but couldnt do anything abt it.Counted the days and on Friday went to take the delivery of the car along with my brother and cousin.Manab had told me to take the delivery around 3pm.I was flying to Hyd that very same day and my flight was at 6pm.So the time was tight.Handed my old Swift with all the necessary documents,completed all the formalities,checked the car and drove back home.Manab was really helpful and came across as a very nice man,would suggest anyone in Kolkata to book a Maruti car through him.

Freebies :
1.Transparent Floor and Boot mats.

Things I have really liked :
1.The way she tackles the trecherous roads in Kol and the bumps.So so smooth.
2.High GC.
3.The steering mounted controls,they are a boon in traffic.
4.How the torque kicks in around 1800rpm.Restraining myself on an open road is so tough(have to keep it under 2K for the first 1000 kms).
5.The alloys
6.The dash design(the amber lighting on the stereo and climate control in the night looks really sexy).

Things that could have better :
1.Interior Plastics
2.Doorpads
3.Seat incline adjuster

Now comes the accessories.
1.Michelin Primacy LC - Am exchanging the JK for the Michelins from Indo Radial Club.Had told them last Fri just after taking the delivery and they told me it would take around 8 days to arrive.So would be exchanging them over the weekend.Am getting 3.5K for the JK,so the 5 Michelins would cost me around 30K.
Would get this done on Thu.

The rest of the accessories were fitted from Glix,Alipore.
2.Sunfilm - Chose the Llumar Silver series,35% for the side and rear.

3.Driver's Armrest - Bought an armrest specially designed for the SX4 which fits in the bottle holder behind the hand brake.

3.Rear parking sensors - Bought a rear parking sensor,cost me 4K(the company name was SMART EVE).It has 4 sensors at the back,a screen pops out from the dasboard indicating the distance.Also the color changes from green,yellow to red depending on the distance and the beep increases as well.

Planned ones :
1.Speakers - These were the surprise package.I expected them to be really bad but its decent,however will upgrade in sometime.Not a necessity for now since it does the job.

2.Leather seats - The fabric seats look decent,am not sure whether to go for pure Leather(Stanley costs 22K) or Art Leather(Autoform costs around 7k).Also,as an Arsenal supporter,want to have the logos imprinted on the leather seats.

3.Xenon Lamps - Need to take advice(Anant Nehru has already shared some details).

The post has become quite long,however wanted to share it with all of you.

Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-001.jpg

Black SX4 Zxi - Viaggio Comincia(The Journey Begins)-picture-002.jpg
Old 29th September 2009, 20:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Black SX4 looks stunning!

BTW, isn't the SX4 temporarily discontinued to be launched with a VVT engine and modified exteriors?
Old 29th September 2009, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

congrats joy_swift
Really like the stance and high GC of SX4.

Nicely written buying experience.
I too got my tires changed and alloys fitted from Indo Radial club the same day I got my car.
How'z Glix? Maybe I have to pay them a visit as I am planning of sun control films/additional armrest.
You can go for autoform PU seatcovers, they look really nice.
Maybe you can post some interior pics sometime soon?

wow primacy LC costs a fortune! 33.5k for 5 tires!!
Whats the tire specs+size you are going for?
Old 29th September 2009, 22:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

That's one mean looking machine. Congrats! Does the car have the sun film on in the photos? If it does, that's a pretty light tint.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:30   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congrats on your purchase. Black SX4 looks stunning!

BTW, isn't the SX4 temporarily discontinued to be launched with a VVT engine and modified exteriors?
Thanks DC.

SX4 is coming out with the BS4 engine,dont think there would be any major difference other than 5bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
c
How'z Glix? Maybe I have to pay them a visit as I am planning of sun control films/additional armrest.
You can go for autoform PU seatcovers, they look really nice.
Maybe you can post some interior pics sometime soon?

wow primacy LC costs a fortune! 33.5k for 5 tires!!
Whats the tire specs+size you are going for?
Thanks Blackasta.

Glix is a really good accessory shop.I got the name from team-bhp only.Its Owner Vinay Daga is a team bhp member.

Unfortunately Michelin LC costs 9.5K for each tyre.After exchange,for 5 tyres,its costing me 29K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
That's one mean looking machine. Congrats! Does the car have the sun film on in the photos? If it does, that's a pretty light tint.
Thanks Gilead.This doesnt have the sunfilm.

This was the 1st day after I took the delivery.Will post some interior pics soon.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ho congrats . May be this is the first time I am seeing a BLACK sx4 here .
Old 29th September 2009, 22:46   #7
BHPian

hi joy_swift
congrats,welcome to the sx4 club.
please enlighten us about the arm rest.is it a MGA.
how much does it cost.please post some pictures when you are free
enjoy and drive safe.
Old 29th September 2009, 23:38   #8
BHPian

Welcome to the club & congratulations !! Me to bought one in June 2009.
Once you get used to driving the SX4, then every other car would seem smaller (In the segment & slightly higher). It has an imposing presence and the high GC + overall height make it a lot more safer in comparison to the much shorter competition.
Drive safe and enjoy the ride.

Last edited by maglev : 29th September 2009 at 23:45.
Old 29th September 2009, 23:54   #9
BHPian

Joy,

Congrats on your new ride. The SX is truly an awesome car with its imposing presence and good GC. And the reliability of MUL. You cant go wrong.

Btw: got the same reverse sensors and sun film fitted from Glix. Finding the sensors to be a boon while parallel parking.

All the best and lots of great miles...
Old 30th September 2009, 01:52   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great buy! Congrats!

By the way, why do you have to keep it under 2k? *stumped*
Correct me if I am wrong but this is a petrol engine, right? So my guess is you can rev it till 3.5k or about.

Also be advised to vary speed and revs to free the engine properly. Just my two cents! I might be wrong.
Old 30th September 2009, 02:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Great buy! Congrats!

By the way, why do you have to keep it under 2k? *stumped*
Correct me if I am wrong but this is a petrol engine, right? So my guess is you can rev it till 3.5k or about.

Also be advised to vary speed and revs to free the engine properly. Just my two cents! I might be wrong.
Ya, my Hyundai i10 manual also says that for the first 1000 miles, rev should be kept between 2000-4000 rpm, and speed should be varied. I flouted this rule only once - today (used kickdown to pass a call center cab sumo that blocked me for over 5 kms on the right lane @ 60, engine revved upto 5.5 K - loved the growl of the engine though!!)
Old 30th September 2009, 02:15   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
4.How the torque kicks in around 1800rpm.Restraining myself on an open road is so tough(have to keep it under 2K for the first 1000 kms).
hats off to you for that. but unfortunately you dont need to keep it that low. keep it under 4k rpm for the first 1000kms. even if u cross 4k rpm a few times its fine. the main thing is not to keep it at a constant rpm.
Old 30th September 2009, 06:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

congrats @joy_swift. As akshay has mentioned you do not have to keep it under 2000 rpm. Vary the rpms and then after 1000 Kms start putting a little load on the engine progressively. Wish you years of happy SX4ing...
Old 30th September 2009, 10:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! The Black Stallio has arrived. I am sure that you will enjoy driving the car. Please pick up a pack of 3 M Wax polish as well and wax the car every 2-3 weeks.

A shiny black SX4 looks macho. The challenge it to keep it that way as it attracts dust as a bitch in **at attracts all the mongrels in the city.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:45   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats joy! I love the SX4 looks. Looks muscular! Waiting for the interior pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks