Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Swift Whitey VDI ( ABS) – Arrived @ home

As a first four wheeler for home was looking out for a Hatch Back – My choices was Just one thats SWIFT , but had a confusion whether to go for a Swift D or SWIFT P
Saw the threads for the comparison SWIFT D OR SWIFT P , input the data in excel sheets provided – The end result from the excel sheet was GO FOR PETROL ( less usage around 1000K) . But some how was not so much convinced about spending so much on petrol every month – instead thought let me spend one time on Diesel CAR and feel free ( Instead of thinking of petrol expenses – Emotional factor in spending more on fuel regularly )

END RESULT – SWIFT DIESEL is the choice Now VDI or VDI (ABS ) --- clear choice and suggestions from pals it has to be VDI with ABS - no compromises
SEARCH 1 : CAR DEALER who can give delivery in less time
Called up all Dealers for the vehicle in Bangalore + Mysore and got to know the waiting period is 2-3 months for VDI and for VDI with ABS ---crazy 4 months
Started using some contacts and one of my close family friend working in BIMAL guided me to the Corporate Sales Guy in BIMAL -he promised to get the vehicle in 1 mnth -45 days So booked on 20082009 – 20th of August 2009
SEARCH 2 :Registration Number
Next started the Hunt for Fancy Number for Registration – some how was bent on having my BIKE no on the CAR also – so searched for NUMBER : 4554 in many RTO”s through some contacts –not available in many RTO”s , luckily caught hold of a Agent in RTO who searched on behalf of me and got the number and paid the GOVERNMENT Fees 6000
SEARCH 3 : BEST INTEREST RATE FOR FINANCE
Talked to SBI and AXIS bank guys and AXIS bank gave a good deal of 8.31% fixed for five years – deal finalized and done within 3 days
SEARCH 4 : ALLOYS + ICE’ing + SUN FILM]
Got some good contacts for the alloys + rubber –Thanks to Team BHP contacts . Right now just finalized on Lenso Pd1 alloys + Yoko A drives ( 195/60 –R15
Will go for the alloys in next 10 days -15 days ( bit tied up in office work and no time even on weekends )
ICE”ing still under scanning and CTRL F – would like to have a decent set up within 15-20K. My requirements would be : 1) GOOD HU : want USB + Blue tooth 2) Good component speakers + 2 rear speakers ( don’t want 6*9 ) normal ones to fit into rear doors 3) AMP if required ( think budget would exceeed -some suggestions on this please !!!!
For Sun film I have a good friend of mine – will have 3M on my swift

All the above mods in another 2-3 weeks – also some Vitamin M factor should simultaneously flow in

Atlast after so much of efforts got my delivery on 30092009– 30th September 2009
Got the Pooja done for vehicle yesterday ( though was constantly raining yesterday ) and my baby swiftie @ home Pics are of low resolution – ( mobile camera ) sorry for that

Pics with Alloy + Iceing would be posted in another 2-3 weeks

Last edited by praveen4554 : 1st October 2009 at 16:11.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:16   #2
BHPian

some how not able to load the pics !
Old 1st October 2009, 16:19   #3
BHPian

pics goes at last -finally able to upload
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Whitey VDI ( ABS) – Arrived @ home-dsc00078.jpg  

Swift Whitey VDI ( ABS) – Arrived @ home-dsc00079.jpg  

Swift Whitey VDI ( ABS) – Arrived @ home-dsc00081.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 16:28   #4
BHPian

Congrats Praveen, the car looks cool. Is it mandatory in B'lore to have the security number plate with IND and holograms?
Old 1st October 2009, 16:32   #5
BHPian

Congrats Praveen.

So you managed to get 4554. Must be a lucky one for you considering its there in your ID as well.

Some better pics please.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:38   #6
BHPian

Great Going Man. Beast with ABS does work wonders for you. Believe your contacts helped you a lot.

Believe you got a good discount also on the same :-}
Old 1st October 2009, 16:39   #7
BHPian

Thanks Fast elegance !

Yes got it - now i know how difficult it is to get things moved in RTO - experience teaches !

some how tried many Id's when Joining Team BHP forum and didnt work ( User already exists ) tried this user id and worked !

No discounts Buddy on the Car - the sales guy told no discounts on the SWIFTS - but gave some freebies ( mats + flaps+ idol+perfume ) small things !

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st October 2009 at 16:57. Reason: One logical post
Old 1st October 2009, 17:22   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Is it mandatory in B'lore to have the security number plate with IND and holograms?
It is still not mandatory to have the high security number plates here in Karnataka. But still you will find a whole lot of cars and bikes with these. Its just adds to the look of the car for sure.

I dont think HS plates have been made mandatory anywhere in India (Correct me if am wrong).

@praveen : The front number plate size is not as per the RTO norms. Its smaller, more like a bike's number plate. Hope you dont get into trouble .
Old 1st October 2009, 17:25   #9
BHPian

Congrats!! Praveen on the promotion.... its good that you have gone for a Swift D. Once you start driving at least fuel will not make you think twice to go on a long drive... Enjoy your ride and keep updating us with your feedback for the white beauty..
Old 1st October 2009, 17:40   #10
BHPian

Thats true Arishi ..thats the main reason i opted for diesel - and DIESEL swift is more peppier than Petro swift

The main reason i went into the HSNPlates was the looks alone .

The front is actually for the Bike specification , The Rear number plate looks really elegant and neat.

Cops if they want to fine -- they WILL ( they can find any crap reason for fining u), if they dont want to - they WONT

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2009 at 18:27. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Lucky you, I'm still waiting from my vdi/abs.

Anyways , congratulations on your new swift. Do post some more pics of the exteriors and the interiors.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:12   #12
BHPian

Sdp1975 , hopefully the BIMAL Guy might work out some thing for you also.
He would confirm this very soon , I will also follow up your case next week with him and update you.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Praveen.

I noticed that you are going for the yoko A-drives . Are the A-drives unidirectional or bi-directional ?
Old 1st October 2009, 18:25   #14
BHPian

These are unidirectional

Bi directional u mean the V shaped ones -?

Also need to get a final quote for Continental CPC2 - and then decide .
Old 1st October 2009, 18:39   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. That's a very neat choice. Delivery time is killing for Swift (D) and Dzire...It's a very fantastic car to drive & Iam sure you will enjoy every kms you drive. Please do update with photographs with all those dressing done

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks