Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 19:19   #31
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Very well maintained car i must say.

Which one of these products you use for interior cleaning ????

Formula 1 - Interior Products
THanks a lot for the compliment. Actually i have got the interior cleaning done by the 3M folks at the service center - made them really scrub the entire interiors well..and after that i am using Turtle Wax Platinum Series and Formula 1 dashboard cleaner only. Did not find the Formula 1 product as good as the Turtle one. I also use Amway LOC to clean the interiors once in about 3 months, its a most safe and fantastic product for upholstery and plastics to clean dirt...
I wish i had the same for the exteriors which are having a lot of surface scratches- minor ones due to improper usage of cloth and some major ones on the bumper:(...i guess they are nothing when i see cars in delhi though

Last edited by mkh : 1st January 2010 at 19:22. Reason: Added information
Old 12th January 2010, 19:45   #32
mkh
Senior - BHPian

One of the few weird things
When you use the automatic climate control, after a while the air intake turns to pulling air from outside. Now surely those who designed this knew the kind of traffic one has ahead of you in indian cities( age old contraptions spewing Co2 and nothing else)...why then keep the intake of air from outside?
What is the use of the automatic climate control in that case?
Is this the same for all cars with ACC or its just the verna that has this?
I understand the reason -to have "fresh air" circulation and maintain the temperature...but whats the use when nothing but smoke will come inside even with the supposedly present filters:(
Old 12th January 2010, 20:37   #33
BHPian

Mkh,

Congrats on the car, though i am a little late doing it. I love this car, i get to drive both the petrol and the diesel versions quite often since my close guys do own these versions.

Quote:
Mileage: Getting about 10.5-11 in city with bumper to bumper traffic mostly and this was when the service was due, in fact was a month behind.
I understand thats the best an 1.6 gives in the city. Is more expected from the petrol version?

Quote:
Yes high speed handling is not that great- tried to do some spirited driving, its not gripped onto the road very well so surely its not a car for those who like to zip away
Have you not done the upgrades. If no, then think about it when you want to change into new set of wheels. This will help.

Quote:
Gear shift- i was finding it tough to get adjusted since drive the i-10 also, which is easy but this has long throws. However i got it serviced just a couple of days back and the shifts are smoother now so the long throws are not that much of a bother
Thats a cause to worry in a new car.

Quote:
The cost of the paid service was ONLY 2500.

Pretty decent.

Quote:
just saw a ANHC SMT recently- man the plastics looked cheap!( no offence intended- just my view
I always felt that the interiors of the Verna is very plain and outdated. the feel you get when you change places from an SMT to a VT VT is just too much. i feel very disturbed when i get to do this quite often.No offence intended, just my view though !
Old 23rd February 2010, 11:00   #34
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Update

Update after 5 months of ownership:
On a recent drive I had to take 5 people- full grown adults on a little long drive outside bangalore( well what used to be outside is no longer really outside...) and it was a real joy- the powerful engine did not ever let me down and acceleration was always very smooth which points to the very refined engine that lives under the hood. There was no crunch on space at all and all 3 at the back were pretty comfortable..
At one point there was one of those crazy morons who love the rush of acceleration seeing a yellow light and i had to give way only to see the car in the left lane stop suddenly and the ABS effect was tested...the car stopped dead and no heart attacks for anyone in the passenger seat...it was an experience, though wish it never repeats
For the city drive, its a wee bit tiring to move it in bumper to bumper traffic as clearly the 1.6 motor asks to be let free and the city potholes occasionally unsettle the cars composure...
Now with the Bangalore heat arriving earlier than expected, the A/C is being put to test and the cabin cools pretty well.
Had got 3M surface treatment done- the experience of which i posted in the car care aesthetics thread.
Many of my friends who own different cars, Fiesta, Optra, Linea always comment on the great interiors( a factor to that is my effort in maintenance)- strangely some people i see put that as a minus but the interior color combo and added to that the wooden paneling on the dash and around the gear box and on the doors really make it look classy...
Overall its living up to the expectations one has for a decent family car which can be driven at ease and not rushed around...
I see many people say its not a complete car, lackluster etc etc- if given a choice which sedan actually is the best buy under 10 lacs? I see none actually if one has to look for all things as perfect..each one has flaws of its own...

Last edited by mkh : 23rd February 2010 at 11:02. Reason: spelling
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 14:31   #35
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Long Drive Again

Went for Long Drive, a couple of them. One on Mysore Road and the other to Mysore
1. With 5 people loaded, the car handled very well, the normally seen unsettling jumps were absent. On one occasion i took a quick U turn, and the car was not bad at handling it. I know a LOT has been said and keeps getting repeated on its handling, but for most users, it will serve decently well i feel. I does for me, unless i am tempted to test it which i hardly do
The AC is superb, no doubt at all, however the ACC has 1 weird aspect. It starts pulling air from outside after a while, have not seen that in the newer cars like the I20, wonder what to do with!
The passengers were very happy with the rear seat comfort, seating 3 adults at the back was no issue in fact!
I think Hyundai folks played this game that most people will use this car for seating 4-5 people( that's what a sedan is bought for) and hence designed the suspensions accordingly, they surely try and cater to the majority of customers needs but maybe they got it a little wrong this time( as compared to the others), looking at the sales numbers

2. Went to Mysore, this time with 3 people. The car does have an issue with delivering power as expected in 2nd gear esp, on speeds above 60, its a beauty of an engine. Smooth and effortless to 100 and even 120. I never feel safe above 120, however on a short burst took it to 140 and it obliged.
Sweeter was the fact that i overtook 2 fiesta's and 1 ANHC ( fiesta lovers- please do not attack me on this, just kidding)
Even at higher speeds i think the feel of the road is adequate, steering feedback is less and the car does feel light, but not that bad as the comments i read(horrific etc)
Overall mileage i got was great in fact, 14.5 with FULL AC and also with a lot of bad city traffic while leaving Bangalore and in Mysore. This was with Shell Normal Fuel
I also happened to have a chance to brake hard and with the ABS, it was a perfectly safe stop, i think i am never going for a car on the Indian highways with no ABS!!

Overall, no issues with the ownership, peaceful and hassle free!!!

Last edited by mkh : 4th May 2010 at 14:35.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 14:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
The AC is superb, no doubt at all, however the ACC has 1 weird aspect. It starts pulling air from outside after a while, have not seen that in the newer cars like the I20, wonder what to do with!
Nice report. I think all ACCs including the i20 do this once in a while when they detect that the air in the cabin in stale. I agree it's a pain.

Quote:
The car does have an issue with delivering power as expected in 2nd gear esp, on speeds above 60, its a beauty of an engine. Smooth and effortless to 100 and even 120. I never feel safe above 120, however on a short burst took it to 140 and it obliged.
You get disconnected from the road at higher speeds on this car. That's why its probably not preferred by enthusiasts.
Quote:
Sweeter was the fact that i overtook 2 fiesta's and 1 ANHC ( fiesta lovers- please do not attack me on this, just kidding)
Hey, I am a Fiesta lover and I get overtaken on my 1.6S by 800s and Indicabs at times. I am not going to attack you, don't worry.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:50   #37
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nice report. I think all ACCs including the i20 do this once in a while when they detect that the air in the cabin in stale. I agree it's a pain.

You get disconnected from the road at higher speeds on this car. That's why its probably not preferred by enthusiasts.

Hey, I am a Fiesta lover and I get overtaken on my 1.6S by 800s and Indicabs at times. I am not going to attack you, don't worry.
I guess in the newer cars if you change the mode, the auto AC does not get shut off, but here it does. I think this Auto AC is great for highways, where u do not end up pulling in smoke and you also do not wish to take your eyes off the road to look at the AC.
I agree that the connection from the road is less, maybe i need a ride with a true enthusiast in his fiesta to know the actual difference, for me its fine and i have driven a few cars in the US too.
Indicabs- man , i just let them go as they always look like on a mission!! Thanks for not pouncing on me for that one

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks