Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 01:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Have you tried to use the SATNAV thingie?
I saw a brief demo. At the HM showroom here. Clearly displayed the showroom location with adequate landmarks. It came up quite quickly too.
Old 28th October 2009, 01:20   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

The GPS works very well. I can vouch for that.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:13   #18
BHPian

I enqired with the J Williams dealer here in Pune in Camp, about the Michelins as standard ones, even they were clueless about such a thing. I think in that case the salesguy had wrong info or maybe the car which I drove (since it wasnt the TD vehicle), the owner might've asked for Michelins on it. But, if thats the case than a doubt comes to me, the car wasnt through with the Pre-Delivery inspections and they had fitted the Michelin tyres (which are normally accessory) before that only. Surprising.
Old 28th October 2009, 13:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
I think in that case the salesguy had wrong info or maybe the car which I drove (since it wasnt the TD vehicle), the owner might've asked for Michelins on it.
I don't think they'll give out a customer's car for TDs. Well, they better not.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:38   #20
BHPian

Have just completed 10k kms in mine and am enjoying it even now. City driving is nice, specially since the torque curve is very flat and it picks up from 20 even on 3rd gear. But the real beauty of this car is revealed when on a good long stretch...have done 2/3 outstation trips and its just so poised and wonderful to drive. Even people in the back seat have commented on the smoothness and comfort of the car over longer drives.

I just wish they improved the service before the new lancer is launched.
Old 28th October 2009, 17:53   #21
BHPian

Oh..how I wish I was you at both the instances, TD & Purchase .
I just love the Cedia(until I saw EVO, but I wont ditch Cedia). Congrats on your decision. The Michelins are a good choice Mits has opted for.

Now your are a 'CediHoncho.'

Do post pics

Later
Siva
Old 28th October 2009, 19:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Oh..how I wish I was you at both the instances, TD & Purchase .
I just love the Cedia(until I saw EVO, but I wont ditch Cedia). Congrats on your decision. The Michelins are a good choice Mits has opted for.

Now your are a 'CediHoncho.'

Do post pics

Later
Siva
And I wish I was you when you saw the beast EVO, the Vader in the Mitsu stable. I also wish once I book the Cedia (still awaiting the dealers response on the exchange valuation for my Alto), Mods allow me to change my ID from Altohoncho to CEDIACTIVE .
Old 28th October 2009, 20:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how i missed reading this . Congratulations AltoHoncho, the Cedia is THE car to have. Wish you loads of fun.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:08   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
They actually did... and the sales guy said thatsince the car ist through the Pre-Delivery inspection, so even if some breakage occurs than it'll be taken care by them and i need not worry about it. Believe me, I took it to the worst possible terrain for a sedan with bumps and mud so much so as to dilute the rest into fossils but Cedia was like Martini (Stirred a bit but not shaken)
Old 29th October 2009, 01:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Same scenario in one of the Mitsu outlets here. Never seen a demo car with them. Paj/Outlander/Cedia - all TDs are on cars that are on sale or have been booked.
Old 29th October 2009, 02:38   #26
BHPian

Just posted initial ownership report on Cedia

It should be appear shortly after approval. It was a pretty long post and may take some time for the moderators to read it. Its as detailed as I could get after 2 days of ownership.
Old 29th October 2009, 08:46   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
They actually did... and the sales guy said thatsince the car ist through the Pre-Delivery inspection, so even if some breakage occurs than it'll be taken care by them and i need not worry about it. Believe me, I took it to the worst possible terrain for a sedan with bumps and mud so much so as to dilute the rest into fossils but Cedia was like Martini (Stirred a bit but not shaken)
I'm not sure if I must appreciate the car's talents or the guy's honesty. It's shocking to know that someone will actually be charged full price for a refurbished product. Was the car's speedometer connected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Same scenario in one of the Mitsu outlets here. Never seen a demo car with them. Paj/Outlander/Cedia - all TDs are on cars that are on sale or have been booked.
Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing markings on the TD cars here too. But, I believe the dealer here has a better reputation. I guess they also sell more cars here and so won't resort to selling a TD car as a new one.

Last edited by CBlazer : 29th October 2009 at 08:50.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Great drive buddy, and a great report. As said in my ownership thread, the Cedia was the clear favourite before I decided to settle for diesel. I still rue my decision sometimes when a well maintained red Cedia Sports whispers by . So congrats for taking the decision which I didn't.

What surprises me is that the dealer allowed you to abuse the test car to this extent. Handbrake turns at 150 kmph!!!! Rough road testing!!!!!

AFAIK, the Sports model still comes with Bridgestone Potenzas. I'd suggest replace them with Yoko AD07s.
Old 30th October 2009, 11:14   #29
BHPian

The biggest surprise was that the sales guy himself told me to lets zoom towards the new dirt track and test the machine and I did whatever he said, coz he knew that the car might just get angry if tested on mushy highway but will definitely be pleased if floored a bit rough.
The guy called up an hour ago, he's valuing my 7 months old Alto Lxi @ 2.10L... I want him to take it to atleast 2.35L... I am not sure what a good valuation would be but if he agrees then I may think of pouring another 2 from my side while rest all on financing.

Dada, any idea what could a decent valuation here. Alto Lxi purchased on Mar25 2009. Only two free services done till now. Car has done 8000 Kms. No accident / dent / damage / problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks