Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 22:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by patilan View Post
I have a similar experience as well. Vibrations and steering feels light at speeds above 120. So please let me know what you find out. In your case since you have changed the tires maybe a wheel balancing will do the trick.

Cant really say, the only thing I could think of is wheel balancing. Please get it checked. We have two cedias in family, one's mine and the other is of a cousin. We have never encountered such problem, so I would suggest you to take this up with HM. Get the wheel balancing done first. Also, I recently drove the new cedia sports with momo steering and took her up to 150 but didnt find even a single niggle with the car. Steering getting light is firstly because of stock Bridgestones and secondly may be because of more air pressure in Tyre. Try to keep the try pressure around 30.

In my case, it's a stock car. I'm thinking maybe HM didn't do a good job with factory fitting the MOMO steering wheel.

The Momo is not specific to the Indian cedia. The interiors of the cedia are almost same as that of EVO 8 which also includes Momo steering. So its not a jugad for India. Its based on proper R&D and the Momo is in line with the steering column. The column may be a defective piece though but I really doubt it as the parts for cedia are being imported from Japan and not localised here in India.

It has been off-center right from day one. At the first service when I asked them to reset the steering wheel they were hesitant and said that it's best not to mess with the factory-fitted MOMO. So I let it be... it pains me a little everytime I'm driving down a straight road to see the MOMO off center :(

Its your dealership which is not confident to touch the Momo and its logical as well because it contains airbag and even the smallest part cost like hell. Th clock spring that actiivates the air bag itself cost 14k. the complete assembly includIng Momo costs around 98k. Thats what I was quoted by Excel motors and Asian Motors here in Delhi. Although, I have seen my dealership (asian motors) adjusting the steering in Cedia and Pajero. Talk to the local area head of HM. Up here in north, they are helpful and I believe they should help.

Take care

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th February 2010 at 22:09.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:50   #32

Thanks Gaurav. I'm planning a trip to Mahabaleshwar this wknd so will get the tyre pressure right and put the Cedia through its paces
Old 21st February 2010, 14:22   #33

Ok... I'm back from the trip and happy to report that it was probably a tyre pressure issue earlier. I touched 150kmph in 5th and the car felt absolutely planted and the steering was solid. No looseness or vibrations... Hurray!
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports it is-mahabaleshwar-004.jpg  

Old 26th February 2010, 11:15   #34
BHPian

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe HM didn't do a good job with factory fitting the MOMO steering wheel. It has been off-center right from day one. At the first service when I asked them to reset the steering wheel they were hesitant and said that it's best not to mess with the factory-fitted MOMO. So I let it be... it pains me a little everytime I'm driving down a straight road to see the MOMO off center :(
I have a similar issue with my MOMO steering wheel, although I find it only mildly annoying rather than painful Forgot to tell the dealer about it at the 1,000km service - will do so when the 5,000km servicing comes along in a couple of months. It's only slightly off but you do notice it when driving.
Old 30th May 2010, 19:33   #35

5000KM completed

Hi all,

A long pending update as I completed 5K on my Cedia, with me being out of Chennai for long periods. Happy to report that I have completed more than 5800 kms.

First, I had reported steering wheel vibration at 110-120 kmph. I had a trip to Madurai and back in April end, and found that when I crossed 120 the vibration magically disappeared, and the car was steady till 150 (did not try to go faster).
BTW, full-tank to full-tank with full-time a/c gave me 13.2 km/l

So reported back to Maya Motors. They checked, found nothing wrong, and suggested it could be due to the Yoko tyres (yeah right). Anyway, changed all four wheels sets from another new Cedia, tested successfully to 120, and then put back my wheel sets, but changed the rear to the spare set as the wheel had slight abrasion marks. Could not test with this combo after the change.

Then made another trip to Madurai and back last week. This time, it was smooth sailing till 150, and tank-to-tank gave 14.4 km/l as I kept a steady 100-120.

Couple of minor irritants remain – there is a slight pull to the left if the steering is let go, and the momo wheel alignment is slight off to the right. Plan to get these corrected on the next visit to Maya, and hope that it does not bring back the earlier problem.

Cheers
PbR2
Old 2nd July 2010, 18:15   #36

CEDIAZENS, just came across this in ACI - July edition...

Kiirus Autotuning
Mitsubishi C E D I A 2010 tuned - 24,999/-
Add extra 15 bhp and 21 torque with ECU rem
(Kiirus Autotuning Redifined)

Sounds great... and I'm tempted to go for it. But before I jump the gun on my 10 month old Cedia thought I should get your opinion/expert advice. So please do comment!
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
CEDIAZENS, just came across this in ACI - July edition...

Kiirus Autotuning
Mitsubishi C E D I A 2010 tuned - 24,999/-
Add extra 15 bhp and 21 torque with ECU rem
(Kiirus Autotuning Redifined)

Sounds great... and I'm tempted to go for it. But before I jump the gun on my 10 month old Cedia thought I should get your opinion/expert advice. So please do comment!
Remapping the ECU will void the warranty. If you aint bothered about the same, the remap is all worth the money.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:26   #38

Thanks for that tip Gaurav! I got extended warranty (1+1) so I probably need to consider that.... Any first hand experience from someone who has remapped their Cedia? Or any reviews of Kiirus?
Old 9th August 2010, 12:42   #39
BHPian

had my swift remapped by Kiirus. in short,what they did was remove all limiters(not very adviceable) and added 17 bhp more, (though no actual dyno test to prove it). however the car was kicking out smoke like nobody's business,the engine started knocking like crazy within a few days and was getting rougher by the day. got really worried and got it rolled back to OE/stock settings.
got the original Racechip installed back, and the car is sweet as it was before. remaps are a little dicey,in my opinion. better stick to known products.
Racechip was recommended by Mr.KD Madan. no contest to his knowledge bank! he really knows his stuff! anything he recommends is good enough for me.
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:02   #40

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports it is - 10000 kms

Here is a long overdue update and experience at 10k kms.

On a return trip from Tiruvannamalai to Chennai in December, I had to start early at around 4.30AM. Though I do not prefer , nor have driven, on the highway during the night or in darkness.

Was fortunate to be behind a well-driven state transport bus. The bus kept a steady 60kms/hr, and on the 2 lane road, kept to left lane even in the absence of traffic! I just followed behind at a safe distance. This ride highlighted that the Cedia is a pleasure to drive even at a sedate pace! Did wonders to the FE. At some point the bus stopped for a pick-up, but I was lucky to catch another steadily driven bus till the dawn light was good enough for me to pull away.

After an uneventful drive to Chennai, had an unpleasant shock at the signal on Poonamalee High Road for NM road. The signal was green for right turn, and I was turning right behind an auto. A mobike jumped (or did not see) the signal, and was hit a glancing blow by the auto. The impact lifted the front wheel of the bike, and the bike crashed to the road, and collided on the left bumper as I hit the brakes. Got down to see a 3-4 inch dent in the bumper. No other damage was visible.

The mobike guys escaped with minor injuries (and a firing by the auto driver).

Had Maya Motors look at the bumper, and initial estimates included replacing the full front bumper (at a whopping cost). But after a full inspection showed no other damage behind the bumper, it was agreed to just repair the damaged portion, and paint the bumper fully for approx Rs3500 (own contribution 1000, rest insurance). After this the Cedia was back in shipshape.

In Jan made to trip Mettur Dam via Tindivanam, Tiruvannamalai, Chengam, Uttangarai, Dharmapuri. Had not known that the roads were really bad in the Tiruvannamalai-Chengam-Uttangarai sector. That drive was a nightmare, and even at snail pace, I had scrapped the bottom 3-4 times. I felt we had escaped the worst, when a disaster struck. Entering dusty Uttangarai, I was about to turn left into a petrol bunk, when the front left wheel thudded over something; by the time I hit the brakes the rear left wheel had also gone over it. Got down quickly to see what had happened. I had also driven over the rock about a foot in height, lying just off the left edge of the road!

The left side skirt had peeled away from the body. I saw the plastic inserts were still in place, aligned the skirt to the inserts, and firmed pushed the skirt back in place. Looked like nothing had happened to the car! There was just a small gap where one of the inserts was bent.

On returning to Chennai, a check-up at Maya revealed three spots where the under-carriage had scrapped the road, all of them on the metal guards meant for just such protective duties. The bent insert will be replaced during the next service.

This shows the Cedia is a strongly built mechanical beast, and fun to drive too. I will take this combination over high-tech engines in ‘dalda tin’ bodies.

Now coming to another thing that has been recently talked about - the air intake change. I see that some of you Cedizens have managed to get back the original intake. My discussions with Maya Motors were not fruitful. Can the Chennai Cedizens please guide me on how they were able to get back their original air intake?

Cheers
PbR2
Old 24th December 2012, 13:09   #41

Mitsubishi Cedia : Where to get map data updated?

Hello Cedizens,

I am looking to update the map data on my 2009 Cedia Sports. It has MapmyIndia Navigator (Mireo viaGPS 3.0).
When I contacted MMI, was directed to original equipment installer (and Kenwood dealer) Nippon Audiotronix. NA, Chennai, seems unsure if they can do it, and tried to push me back to MMI!

If anyone has updated maps, please let me know how.

Cheers
PbR2
Old 20th February 2013, 19:44   #42

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports it is

Hi PbR2, I don't know if you got the answer yet but I've got my maps upgraded twice since 2009 and both times by Nippon. They didn't send me on a wild goose chase in Mumbai. Both times their technician came with the updated version of MMI on the SD card and installed it in the receiver (which is under the AV unit).
patilan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2013, 19:18   #43

Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports it is

Thanks Patilan, Was not checking the forum regularly.

Will try again with Nippon, Chennai, based on your experience in Mumbai.

Cheers
PbR2

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks