Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 15:46   #31
BHPian

@Rishi - the ex-showroom price after a 50k corporate disc was 9.11 and the on-road was 10.05 including 3rd yr warranty. Its the same touch screen media center as in the sports - IPOD, USB and all other features are available, but the GPS is not pre-loaded and you need to get it seperately !

@Raja - Thank you for your comments

Last edited by kartho : 21st December 2009 at 15:58.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:33   #32
BHPian

may be this is a stupid question but...Did you check the month and year of manufacture on VIN?
Old 21st December 2009, 16:49   #33
BHPian

Hi Rishi

There was no VIN seperately in the manual, however according to the explanation given by Mitsu guys, the J in my Chassis/Engine # means 10th month of production, since the current spirit variant production started in December 2008, this could either be a sept'09 manufactured car or a Oct'09 manufactured car if J means 10th month of 2009 !
Old 21st December 2009, 21:13   #34

Hi Kartho - I'm soon going to get the delivery of my Cedia. What is the story re the sat nav system? The dealer tells me that I need to buy some kit or something - and I am bit reluctant to pay the money without being fully informed about this. Do you have any idea how good/bad is the navigation system? Thanks for your response.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:01   #35
BHPian

@Kartho - Nice to hear the car is treating you well :-)

@Rishi - How'd you rate the 2.0L/115BHP Cedia v/s. 1.8L/122BHP Invex?
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:57   #36
BHPian

Thanks Airwind.

@Agnisumita - There is a fully functional sat nav system built-in in the Cedia Sports variant. If you are choosing the Spirit variant, then the touch screen is compatible to sat nav applications/installation... if you would like to know more about this, please read this thread wherein recently a detailed discussion regarding sat nav installation has taken place http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-7.html

One more info that i should have added in my first 1000km review:
the very same day my car was delivered, a 2-wheeler guy who was in a rush to get past me while i was waiting at a signal, just hit my left ORVM causing the ORVM to fold the wrong way and i thought that the ORVM is broken... I have had similar experience in the past and its quite common in pune for 2-wheelers in a hurry to break ORVMs and bumpers of cars.. in the
past, i have had to spend 3k+ to get a brand new ORVM for my OHC and i have changed it atleast thrice... so, you can imagine where my heart was when i saw the ORVM hit... but to my pleasant surprise, it appears that the ORVM of the Cedia can be folded either sides... all i had to do was to pull out the ORVM and start using it again as usual, the electrical adjustment of the ORVM works just fine... one more feature that will save me some money
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:20   #37
Senior - BHPian

Kartho,
Being in Chennai, where you drive cars in a sea of two wheelers, my ORVMs have been hit and turned to the wrong side umpteen number of times. Nothing happened except darn scratches on all over it. Many a times, those morons who hit it stops only to wonder how on the earth this thing did not fall down, while many others hurt their fingers real bad on it.
It folds either side and its body is real strong. Thats my experience past 27 months.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:32   #38
BHPian

Hi,

This is a fantastic car to own. I used to drive my friends mitsubishi Lancer diesel, and i used to love the gear and engine response, even after 60K kms. I felt like driving a new car, even though he had never serviced it at regular intervals. I am a secret mitsubishi admirer, though my purse doesnt allow me to own one. Congratulations on the car.
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:34   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Kartho,
Being in Chennai, where you drive cars in a sea of two wheelers, my ORVMs have been hit ......
It folds either side and its body is real strong. Thats my experience past 27 months.
Same experience with me, Mine has been hit by cars, trucks and everytime I heard that noise my heart bleeds, but no damage except for a line scratch. I always park with my ORVMs in position that it can act as a first line of defence against somebody parking toooo close
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:11   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@Kartho - Nice to hear the car is treating you well :-)

@Rishi - How'd you rate the 2.0L/115BHP Cedia v/s. 1.8L/122BHP Invex?
Cedia brings a wicked smile on my face every time I drive it...it is absolute pleasure. ABS is fantastic and linear power delivery just awesome BUT I love Invecs becuase of the autobox and free revving engine. I will only switch to another auto, it may be new lancer or outlander
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post

Now to the car, with each passing day, i am just really getting more and more attached to my car, its a very lovely lovable car... the leather seats are so comfortable and the beige gives a fresh appeal each time i enter the car...
Cedia is like that. I just feel smug whenever I get into the driver's seat.

Quote:
Talking of 3rd gear - this is like an automatic option - the moment i am in an unpredictable moving traffic - i come to 3rd and drive... this helps me drive smoothly in any speed - be it 20 or 60 without having to bother my left feet thats napping in the luxury of the dead pedal... no more harrassment in city traffic !
bang on. The 3rd gear is really something.

Quote:
Engine noise - Initially i used to think once the car has been driven a few hundred kms the smoothness and silence would not be there anymore and i would easily be able to hear the engine on ! but i am wrong,
The car is almost as though its sound proof you literally cant hear anything inside... its like you are in a noise free pune for a change !
There have been instances when I tried to turn on the ignition even though it was running. But this is in moderate traffic. You can hear the engine if its really quite around.

Quote:
some people even engage a conversation to understand the performance of the car and all the details ! so, i am beyond doubt and words, glad to have made this choice !
Happened to me quite a few times. Most people had heard that this is great at high speeds and wanted to confirm. I have had at least 2-3 people ask me just high speed related questions. Others asked about mileage etc. Which has always been > 12 kmpl and I have completed 2200 kms without highway drives.

Quote:
i am not a very technical guy, but surely 117 BHP does not seem right, this feels like a lot more or probably the other cars i drove had their BHP over rated,
I felt the same way too. Initially felt the power was on the lower side but after a few weeks of driving, I started feeling that its pretty well powered. I don't think I can handle more power in the city at least.

I fell in love with my Cedia too. Its just an amazing feeling to drive this. I am looking fwd to my first long drive this weekend.

Last edited by kcnetid : 22nd December 2009 at 19:46.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Many a times, those morons who hit it stops only to wonder how on the earth this thing did not fall down, while many others hurt their fingers real bad on it.
This has just inspired more confidence and now i can drive with atleast one less tension, i enjoyed reading the way you put it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Same experience with me, Mine has been hit by cars, trucks and everytime I heard that noise my heart bleeds, but no damage except for a line scratch. I always park with my ORVMs in position that it can act as a first line of defence against somebody parking toooo close
hit by cars & trucks ?? sounds like one strong mirror that we definitely need in indian driving conditions... grt info and yes i too keep the ORVMs in positions hoping the guy parking next would leave an extra little place before parking and avoid scratches on my door when he opens his !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I fell in love with my Cedia too. Its just an amazing feeling to drive this. I am looking fwd to my first long drive this weekend.
Since you also bought the car very recently, its so exciting to read your feedback too always, cos its more like i already know from future what i will be feeling the next month for that matter i am not just a fan of the car now i am also a fan of everyone who owns a Cedia - just love to hear everyone talk about their Cedias... one great car it is !

Enjoy your long drive... i am sure you will one amazing thing about this car is - drive it for hours and you will still feel as fresh as you were before you started... and this is inspite of the history of back pain i have been suffering ! have fun
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:23   #43
BHPian

Slightly OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
T

hit by cars & trucks ?? sounds like one strong mirror that we definitely need in indian driving conditions... grt info and yes i too keep the ORVMs in positions hoping the guy parki...
Strangely enough, in the last 18 months I had no damage from Auto's & Bike's!!. Touchwood
Old 23rd December 2009, 09:33   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I am looking fwd to my first long drive this weekend.
Long drive - Enjoy the ride mate.
Only one caution - Hold back temptation to show what the machine can do, to other 'normal' cars (as Payne puts it). Its difficult when someone teases you, to hold back, with this kind of machine.
My first long drive was Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai, did it city to city in 4 hours, without overspeeding. Absolutely arrived like a morning flower.
Sure you will share your experience here. Looking forward.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:30   #45
BHPian

Unable to start the car with alternate original key

hey guys

i was given two original keys for my car and all along used only one key. this morning i decided to use the other key and was surprised to see that i was able to just open the cars and start the battery with the second key but was unable to start the car. the sound from the engine was similar to how it sounds when the batter is almost dead, i kept attempting, but the car wouldnt start. went back home, switched the keys, as expected, the car started in one go.

appears like some issue with the immobilizer not mapped to my second key, could some one throw light on similar issues they faced with their car and if the only solution is to report to the dealer or something we can do on our own ?

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks