Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 12:26   #1
BHPian

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report

Hey all, Just got the delivery of the car, everytime i ride this car, i am in love with it all over again... :-) The gear shift has been smoothened by the Mitsu guys and its butter smooth now. They also said that after a couple of services, the gears would become so smooth and light that you dont even need the clutch... the synchronizer is advanced enough to respond, if you pushed the shift in the right speeds ! All said, i am just lovin it :-)
Old 19th November 2009, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Enjoy the ride buddy. Congratulations again. You will feel the absolute confidence in braking after a few days of driving, no match to any other car of its class.
Thanks for the complements. Yes,I just don't own my car but I 'possess' my car, to even my wife's envy.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:06   #3
BHPian

@ Kartho - Congrats again!!! Photos, fotos, pics, whatever please ASAP!

Add a regular Lancer's rear spoiler (not the one from Cedia Sports) to enhance the rear look. Did see one in the US and it gracefully covers the otherwise bland rear.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations
drive safe, have fun
Old 20th November 2009, 18:51   #5
BHPian

Hey Airwind and everyone…. Here are some pics of the car, sorry for the delay and also for the bad quality of pics – I am not an expert photographer and these were taken in my basement parking (in my defence)

Since I have already written about my TD experience of the Cedia, i dont really have much to write about the car now... the beige interiors give a roomy feel and the cabin size feels really large, more comfortable seats than the sports (IMO) and the cabin noise levels are unbeleivably low, infact, i was parking the car last night and my friends in the rear seat thought the car had already stopped and opened the door :-) the car is extremely silent.... and i love the feel of being inside the car...

One other thing i wanted to mention in this forum is the dealership experience i am having in Pune - its impeccable ! i couldnt have asked for a better dealer... its like i am being spoilt with a silver spoon. I am hoping that the service will continue to be the same or better in future... I think it will remain good as these guys are used to handling customers of a higher segment (Pajero & Outlander are the only other cars they are selling her currently)

After a couple of thousand kilometres, i will write a detailed ownership report - I am sure i will have a lot more observations as I am planning a few long drives in the first half of december and leaves are already approved as well
Attached Thumbnails
My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00030.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00028.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00036.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00016.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00017.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00021.jpg  

My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report-dsc00024.jpg  

Old 20th November 2009, 22:25   #6
BHPian

Excellent pics. The light colors contrasting with the wood of the dash is...dashing :-)
Did not know that spirit had the Kenwood system too. Spirit has a more upmarket feel than the sports.

Also loved the color of RajaTaurus's Cedia. If that car is > 2 yrs old, I can imagine why he said that there is not need for teflon coating :-)
Old 20th November 2009, 22:26   #7
oss
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride kartho. Have fun.

The car cries out for a nice spoiler. Get a sporty one soon.
Old 21st November 2009, 00:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Kartho!
The car looks very elegant. nice snaps.
drive safe and all the best.

In between, the Grandy perfum smells good but the worse part is you can never smell it when you are inside the car. I bought it about a month back and opened all the vents in the cap to make sure that the car smells good but no luck, so it went of the window the other day. Now I am back to Ambipur.
Old 21st November 2009, 09:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

To Kartho and KCNetid,
Did you notice the floor mat of driver's seat?
This thing slowly slides forward and before you notice, it gets under the clutch / brake pedals. Be careful of that. Earlier in my Camry, this mat had a button to latch on at the back end,lest it slides. Here we don't have that, so be careful, it can sometimes be dangerous, obstructing your braking or clutch.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp cedia1.bmp (766.9 KB, 405 views)

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 21st November 2009 at 09:45.
Old 21st November 2009, 15:59   #10
BHPian

@Raja - Thank you very much for the tip... i will keep an eye on the mats... also, i am not sure if you / kc also face this issue, sometimes when i reach to the clutch, my shoe hits the part above the clutch or gets stuck there for a second... I am not sure if its the way i sit or the position of my legs or the design of the car ? I am slowly getting used to it, but first day was a little annoying.

KC, OSS & Gaurav - thank you for the compliments.

Gaurav - very sharp observation :-) about the perfume, i think it could be probably to do with the extra hot delhi weather, although it doesnt smell as strong as Ambipur, its quite subtle and nice. It gives that just about fresh smell when you enter the car... may be it will get worse in a couple of days, but as of now, its quite mild & nice... it was anyways complimentary so no complaints :-) Also, do you keep the fresh air ciculation open always ? I keep it closed...
Old 21st November 2009, 18:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Amazing colour. And I love the seats too!!!
Old 21st November 2009, 18:46   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
To Kartho and KCNetid,
Did you notice the floor mat of driver's seat?
This thing slowly slides forward and before you notice, it gets under the clutch / brake pedals. Be careful of that. Earlier in my Camry, this mat had a button to latch on at the back end,lest it slides. Here we don't have that, so be careful, it can sometimes be dangerous, obstructing your braking or clutch.
There are two hooks on the floor. You can latch the mats to those hooks and it shouldn't move. I never had the issue as long as the mats were latched to those hooks.
Old 21st November 2009, 20:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the amazing car! The fake wood on the dash looks very real unlike in many cars.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:36   #14
BHPian

congratulations on the fantastic car

love that lcd display

you must be itching to take her on the expressway

Last edited by ishotmydog : 21st November 2009 at 22:38.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:53   #15
BHPian

Congrats Kartho! I could easily assume that you are over the top with your brand new Cedia. Take it for long drives and rest assured this car would grow on you over a period of time.

I drove Cedia for 18 months and sold it before I moved to Manila, Philippines. Guess what, the car that I bought here is another Mitsubishi in my life; Mitsubishi Galant SE. I would post review and pics of Galant for Mitsu lovers in India

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks