Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 14:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

sharma, surely nothing comes close to vista for amount of space it provides which lets a very comfortable journey for all passengers travelling.One caution sir, dont drag or try to do those tricks on highways or anywhere atleast when family is travelling along.It just takes a second to get something wrong.Just a suggestion.enjoy your ride.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:10   #17
BHPian

I know you are right! that's why I kept getting whacked. I have the lamest excuse for doing that even when I was aware of everything "Everybody was doing it". Even the jeeps which had people hanging out from were doing 100+. May be because the road is so good you cant resist. Had it been a weekday I would not have dared to do so after going thru the accident thread on the teambhp.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:06   #18
BHPian

msharma, what a fantastic write-up!! the language is colourful and engaging. I could almost picturise the events happening as i was reading your account. You have a wacky way with words. Keep it up.

Please, please drive carefully. You owe it to your loved ones. Speed thrills, but kills.

Btw, i still am not sure why u chose VistaD over ManzaP>>>
Old 17th December 2009, 14:31   #19
BHPian

Sharma, congrats on your wonderful car, it does look great in the color you've bought. Your writeup was one of the funniest motoring stories i've read in a while, and I've forwarded it to my friends. All the best for many more highway rides(and highway whacks from wifie!), and keep us posted.

ps: Hows the gearshift and the handling of the car? Ride must be comfy!

-- Prav
Old 17th December 2009, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I have the same question too.Manza is marginally costlier than Vista, but has better interiors, more responsive engine and acres of space.
I would have gone for Manza if not for my wife.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
msharma, what a fantastic write-up!! the language is colourful and engaging. I could almost picturise the events happening as i was reading your account. You have a wacky way with words. Keep it up.

Please, please drive carefully. You owe it to your loved ones. Speed thrills, but kills.

Thank you,

I Think I discussed with when you PMed ( wow a new word) me, fight was between Diesel or petrol. I always wanted a vista but right in between came manza and when I test drove it I liked.
Main reason was that my office is not shifting to Gurgaon anymore so I still have to drive 80 kms.+ a day in Delhi Traffic. so Vista it is.

I would have loved to own a manza but Ghalib ne kaha hai na" hazaron khwahishe aisi ke har khwahish pe dam nikle".
Old 17th December 2009, 19:09   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman360 View Post
Sharma, congrats on your wonderful car, it does look great in the color you've bought. Your writeup was one of the funniest motoring stories i've read in a while, and I've forwarded it to my friends. All the best for many more highway rides(and highway whacks from wifie!), and keep us posted.

ps: Hows the gearshift and the handling of the car? Ride must be comfy!

-- Prav
Thanks dude!

That's what I am! a color commentator.
  • As far as Gearshift is concerned it is miles ahead from the last generation of Tata cars (thanks to fiat).
  • Handling of the car is Good but could be better if it was swift.
  • Ride is amazing although I think tata should upgrade the power steering to EPS. The steering remainds of Old tata !!!!
msharma_79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2010, 12:45   #23
BHPian

second service at Rama motor:-
No major issues. few niggles
1. Keep on losing wheelcaps.
2. Having trouble with My ICE, Amp keeps on tripping.
3.Cant go beyond 120 kmph speed although dont drive it that fast but not sure about the feeling of not being able to break that speed limit. anybody else having this issue??
4. There was noise from front suspension which need to be corrected by putting some grease on one bushes hence not a deal breaker.

Service quality is good and response time is excellent.

Mee happy...
Old 16th July 2010, 20:31   #24
BHPian

msharma .. long time no updates?!
Btw, are you missing the 60-40 split in aqua that aura offers, especially since vista boot space is less. did you anytime miss having this feature.
Also, can you fold the back seat in aqua?
Old 4th January 2011, 15:54   #25
BHPian

Re: Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua

Quote:
msharma .. long time no updates?!
Btw, are you missing the 60-40 split in aqua that aura offers, especially since vista boot space is less. did you anytime miss having this feature.
Also, can you fold the back seat in aqua?
Hi sorry for gone missing...actually forgot my password. and yikees never thought about all those things ever. infact i have different issue ,my rear car seats are never used and too prevent doors to get jammed i open and shut them once a week . as far as boot is concernd it is small but okay and my JBL is parked there so i am not going to using anyways.

This is my personal ride. work horse if i may say so. other than that car is running fantastically. Delhi bikers keep on bumping it so some scratches.

Oh and all tata owner make sure that you insure your car in time cause after the date nobody is interested in your business. everybody wants premium because of tata brand..
Old 4th January 2011, 17:36   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey!
Wonder how I missed your thread. Welcome to the Vista club! Just like you, I always wanted a Vista since it was launched. Yapp, the AQUA variant that YOU got is a gem of a car. With features almost at par / above those of the VDi. You took her on a right time really. The new Aqua comes with the black+beige interiors, body colour mirrors & door handles, new mascots BUT WITHOUT tachometer, full fabric seats rear de-mister.These will be sourly missed on new AQUA for sure. And it costs higher too.

The sunset orange is really a feast for the eyes. IMO especially around dusk when the real Sun sets.

And a funky ICE you got there! Nice one.

As for some points you mentioned -
1. The power steering. We should actually be happy to have an HPS instead of an EPS. HPS performs better at high speeds and provides better feedback and makes you feel connected like the old zen and Omnis. (Its costlier than EPS too )

2. The speed! You better check this with TASS. There is no reason why your car shouldn't go beyond 120. Especially since its a QJD. She very much manages to pull to 150 is forced to do so. I've managed 135 myself.

3. Wheelcaps - Thats strange. I've seen those on Vista sturdy for 2 years on a friend's Vista. Simplest solution would be to use the wiring tags (you'd get them tied on BigBazaar bags when you check out.) to tie them to the wheel rim. Otherwise, adjust the inner ring on them to make them fit tighter. Replacements dont cost too much over 200 either.

Sorry to be wishing you so late but, wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with your Vista. Keep the updates and pictures coming.
Old 21st January 2014, 16:33   #27
BHPian

I am back here after 3+years and read this post, I was funny then , Exchanging this car with a storme LX. Done 99000 awesom kms on this, no problems.. A Brilliant Brilliant Ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks