Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:12   #1
BHPian

Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua

elloo My friends,

Since you guys have been a great help in making my decision to go for my Vista Aqua (Q) it is my duty to share the good news with you and let you know what is the experience till date.

I promise not to make this very long and not too technical also since we all know what is what about this car, So I will talk about the feel and the experience in expressions of a first time diesel car owner.

Ok here we go.. to rush you thru the buying process, I sold my xeta and delivery is due on 2nd December to a very nice bengali gentleman who gave me ample time to buy a car.

Since my avatar( AVATAR Going to be a great movie by the way !!) at Bhp It has become problem with me that I have to test ride every car launched. so I had a basic Idea of what is on offer in the market.

I always wanted a Vista (Yeah you can say Once a trucker always a trucker cause I have been hearing that since my purchase and I dont care) but just to confuse me somehow God managed to send a Manza safire Demo Vehicle in front of my office, which I loved it simply for the price and the comfort the car offers and power too which is not too bad actually.

On top of that my Bosses started contemplating the Idea of shifting to Gurgaon which is my home town and will be a boon since I travel 100 to and fro for my office and it made more sense to wait and watch and decide later but the problem was I had only few days to buy a new car.

So I became little bit of greedy started thinking that in price of Vista (Q) I can get a Manza (P) wasnt that interesting?!ofcourse that would be dead days for piggybank.
Anyways I also tried for Dezire Vxi like a ritual of each prospective buyer I was shown the waiting list of 6 months. So I said thank you not interested It was worth the wait if it was VDi but waiting for Vxi is a bit absurd.
(By the way my father has a Vxi and he is happy with it..So keep the daggers in Dezire owners)

Checked also the repossesed cars by finance company which after a bit investigation seemed a futile exercise.

Finally the D day..Last saturday was off I was lazing around in the morning and suddenly I decided to test ride punto again cause everybody is so excited about it, some how I never warmed up to the vehicle for various reason which we can discuss later on. But in a sentence I am not brave enough to risk my money with fiat although I love Palio( is everybody happy..I am nervous now

Khair I let you a know the best way of buying a car which is not much different from buying a shirt, I got up drove down to nearest dealer (not naming names here) this was my third visit so no warm welcome for me and I also didn’t anticipate any cause I was aware where I have come. Asked for a Punto test ride after due paper work I was off with the car, It was a black punto emotion pack fully loaded. Car was kept pretty neat and really enjoyed the styling part.

So I was off to NH-8 while the sales exec. Kept insisting that car is not allowed on highway a simple stare at a 20 something kid was enough to convey the message.

Now the gentleman started giving me Gyan on punto and MJD and what not while I was trying to sort out indicators which are on the wrong side of us Indians. But I was not exactly happy with the performance and kept waiting for the
turbo to kick in for that MJD Fun. I tried some maneuvering also which scared the day light out of the sales guy. Finally reached the dealership and asked him why PUNTO Why not Vista?, The answer was shocking (Tata management should take notice if anybody is reading)“ Sir bakwaas gadi hai fiat se hi to bani hai aap original lo na”. to my amusement I asked him about which is the best MJD so again he gave a big one” sahib Swift hai kaho to nikalwa du, I know people there”.

I thanked him and blessed him for his loyalty to the brand he is trying to sell and I walked out..landed up at the other dealership and asked for Vista.

The demo car was in pathetic condition it looked like it had been to a war zone or something. But I still decided to test it again. Like I said I Always liked Vista (Except for that hideous HU) so started the car there was not much of a noise inside the cabin (no rattling of engine or anything) put it in the first gear and assumed that this is not going to be a fun ride as per the last guys comment and my ride with the punto, but to my surprise the car jumped and was in a mood for a drag race immediately so I shifted gears and no time I was on highway doing 130 kmph and loving it. Huge turning radios still plays spoil sport and the body does not allow you to have so much fun on the car.

Checked up my options ,liked aqua cause it had all the relevant features and no ICE which I already have from my last car.

Called up few people made arrangement, picked up the car next evening. Knew that Dealership will take time so kept floating in and out after initial payments and model.

Picked up my dad in the evening signed some papers and took his blessing and drove out my new VISTA(Q) Aqua (Sun rise orange).
Tanked up the car for just Rs.1100,have done about 400 kms and I still have a half a tank of fuel left!!!! OH MY GOD!! I have not stopped kicking myself for not buying a diesel car earlier.

Oh I got the ICE also
A nice Sony 2 din system with 300 Watt Infinity Speakers and my trusted old JBL bass tube
Since I am first time owner of diesel car..Could you please lemme have some tips to take care of the car

Here are some pics as soon as I figure out how to attach the photos.

Last edited by Dippy : 4th December 2009 at 15:39. Reason: Post edited: Excessive smilies are strictly prohibited on Team BHP. Please use only two smilies per post. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2009, 14:53   #2
BHPian

Here are some pics.

Some of the picture my friend took couple of days back outside my office.
Attached Thumbnails
Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua-101_0276.jpg  

Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua-101_0278.jpg  

Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua-101_0279.jpg  

Rush of Blood- My Vista (Q) Aqua-101_0295.jpg  

Old 4th December 2009, 15:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

wonderful writeup and nice pics. Vista is a very good car to have and ride with. Nice FE you will get and can you please mention the freebiew you got from the dealer.Congrats on your new car
Old 4th December 2009, 15:15   #4
BHPian

Congrats msharma for your new purchase. It is good car to own. I own Aura QJD and have completed 27500 Kilometers in 9 months. The car is much smoother now. It is pleasure to drive. If you love cruising then this is the best car to own. Ample space, good suspension makes your drive very pleasurable. I have let down only once in my ownership because of starter failure but TASS was very helpful in solving this problem.

I agree there are some niggles but every car has them. And others are bit shy to speak out. My roommate owns Swift Vdi so I have driving experience on both car. Out of two Vista is better to drive because of its drive-ability.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:17   #5
BHPian

Hey Shishir,

Thanks man, I managed to get Rs. 15000 off + insurance + floor mats and mud flaps. Ofcourse you have to pull some strings here and there to get that kind of cash discount, which was not a problem since my dad was with me and he knew the Owner of the dealership.

Oh and corporate discount included in this.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Super deal then. Just see the therad run by sushanth i feel. he has finished all the kms on the road by eating them or munching them as he has done almost 30k kms in 9-10 months.search for the thread
Old 4th December 2009, 15:47   #7
BANNED

Congrats on your purchase. There are not many cars that can beat the Vista when it comes to interior space and that gem of an engine the Quadrajet.

Enjoy your car and keep posting your experiences.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Super deal then. Just see the therad run by sushanth i feel. he has finished all the kms on the road by eating them or munching them as he has done almost 30k kms in 9-10 months.search for the thread
I am in the process of writing long term review. But for me writing needs lot of efforts. I will come up with this thread in two or three days.
Old 5th December 2009, 11:56   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Congrats msharma for your new purchase. It is good car to own. I own Aura QJD and have completed 27500 Kilometers in 9 months. The car is much smoother now. It is pleasure to drive. If you love cruising then this is the best car to own. Ample space, good suspension makes your drive very pleasurable. I have let down only once in my ownership because of starter failure but TASS was very helpful in solving this problem.

I agree there are some niggles but every car has them. And others are bit shy to speak out. My roommate owns Swift Vdi so I have driving experience on both car. Out of two Vista is better to drive because of its drive-ability.
Hey Sushant,
thanks man, few questions.
1. what is the mileage you are getting from car?
2. Are you ok with the music system provided by Tata?
3. What was the problem when your car didnt start?what was the response time of TASS?

Regards,

Manu
Old 5th December 2009, 14:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

msharma, congratulations on your vista.Nice colour.Nothing beats tata for interiors space and comfort in their price range, now added with fiat's known engine as well.Wishing you happy miles ahead.What was the on road price you paid and how much discounts in total you got,do share.
Old 7th December 2009, 11:51   #11
BHPian

Quote:
1. what is the mileage you are getting from car?
I haven't really calculated mileage for few months. But I have a feeling that I am getting around 20KMPL on highway and around 16KMPL in city. When I changed my fuel filter at 20K KMS my mileage suddenly dropped to 14KMPL in mixed conditions. But after 3k to 4k kms it regained to its previous figures. Sometimes I got mileage around 22.5 to 23 KMPL.

Quote:
2. Are you ok with the music system provided by Tata?
You will not believe, I would say this is the better music system compared to entry level music systems from pioneer. You want to listen the difference then play low bit rate song in this music system and other system. This music system plays really good and clean sound. Only let down in this OEM setup is the speakers. I have changed speaker, I have JBL components in fronts and JBL ovals in parcel.

+ves:
1) It is from clarion which is one of the best brand in car entertainment.
2) Clarity of sound
3) Ease of use
4) Two pre-outs in OEM
5) Songs and folders are sorted alphabetically. This really helps because you know which folder is after this folder. This improves usability. Sony and pioneers do not sort, that's why they read faster but you don't know which folder is after current folder. Here clarion wins.

-ves:
1) No Sub woofer control and third pre-out
2) No Next folder button on remote
3) Poor FM reception
4) Slightly less Bass

In Short, I will say it is better than any below 7k Head Unit.

Quote:
3. What was the problem when your car didnt start?what was the response time of TASS?
Please read my story here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1577173

Last edited by sushantr5 : 7th December 2009 at 11:55.
Old 14th December 2009, 13:43   #12
BHPian

Trip to Jaipur...

thanks man for the all the info.

The story continues, Since I was saving so much money and that thought of going on a long drive which was bothering me for some time.

I declared to my wife on last monday that we are going to Jaipur over this weekend.

before that I had to complete my 1000 kms for first service for free riding without speed limits. So roamed around for few hundred Kms. Visited long lost relatives/friends who were pretty surprised to see me,but they didnot know the real reason..

So car got serviced at 974 kms. at Rama motors,not a spectacular experience but no complaints since not much was expected. Although had complained about the hard steering wheel when tilted which was not resolved.

Eagerly waited for the Saturday morning.

The journey begins

Started off from Gurgaon at 7:30 am for the first time I realised that I have bought a diesel car cause of the Engine rattling in morning for the first 5 minutes. I always give a warm up time of 5 minutes each morning ( somebody told me that it is good habit for Diesel cars correct me if I am wrong)

Got the tank full with xtramile diesel and joined the herd on NH-8, Lot of trucks and cars even on saturday morning which ticked me off a bit.

Car was not responding very well for the first 50 kms(Just like a new Girlfriend"if you know what I mean") but after that I was cruising on 90 to 100 kmph. did not go beyond that cause on friday I had gone thru the accidend thread on the BHP, So I was being extra cautious, (thanks for ruining it for me guys good job!!!)

All my plans of listening to led zeppeline and black sabbath were dusted by my son who kept forcing PAA theme and doing his monkey dance for atleast 1 hour.

There were so many VDIs, Vtechs and Scorpios kept passing me by while I was trying to maintain a steady speed cause I had my family with me. Story of married man

Finally reached Jaipur, total time 4 hours 30 minutes and more then half a tank of fuel left and as far as I was concerned not at all tired which is the beauty of the car, I can bet that there are very few cars even 1 segment up which can give this kind of relaxed drive.

So cutting the long story short, Started back Sunday afternoon,had a desire to push the car little bit faster (cause I knew the track by now also) Asked my wife to sit at the back with my son and she gave a look which practically meant you have actually become a taxiwallah..(wife not a fan of TATA)

First the Black sabbath on my front speaker with bass tube off.( wife hates it) Got glasses on and floored the car at 120 kmph for the first stretch outside jaipur which was practically deserted ( get it desert-deserted)hehe. I was finally happy and enjoying the trip. Car responded beautifully to each push.

The Competition meets:

Me the regular joe was happy with my ride when a swift VDI passed me while I was doing about 100 or so, the driver gave me look which was good enough for a reason to have a race. I tell you guys we managed to be at each others necks for atleast 20 kms which finally I pushed off because he got blocked by a truck and I pushed ,didnot see him for the next 10 minutes. I assumed that my Wife is fast asleep while I was being a dragster but no she was awake and gave solid wack from behind for all the obvious reasons. (all thanks to central console)

We decided to stop for break while I was being scolded for driving so fast.
What do we see next is that Swift is right behind us and entered the same restaurant. The guy 6.3" tall guy got out from the car and approached me and I said oh oh me in trouble,but turned out to be a very nice guy checked my car complimented on the nice ICE and the space specifically and said he bought his car one and half year back and if he had this option available he would have gone for Vista simple for the amount of space available ( largely because of his height).

I checked out his car and told him if I was single I would have definitely gone for the pocket size rocket he is driving. I would not mind waiting as well.

Anyways his name is Rishiraj who will be joining the teambhp soon cause he was impressed with my gyan which was all because of this forum. Rishraj was returning from jaipur after meeting his fiance at the banasthali.

APNI AUKAT MEIN RAHO:

You guys must have read the above mentioned quote on trucks. I was given a lesson by a Vtech on our way back. I saw a toureg first coming from behind which I admired and let the gentle giant pass without a single thought otherwise I would have got serious dent on my ego. right behind him there was a new honda city. I said ok let me take my chances against this guy. Saw that pessenger at the back are sleeping so pushed the car to 130 kmph and that was something. we continued for few minutes when the honda guy seemed really upset with me. I thought I am doing 130 how fast this guy wants to go and I gave away the path. This jackass gave me a dirty look and pushed the car and in no time the car just vanished from my eyes. He must be doing 160 plus.

that was huge dent on the ego so I decided to come back to my aukat before I get wacked again by my wife.

THE FLAT TIRE:

by the time we had already crossed bawal and was a bit in spiritual mood after my a**kicking by the vtech. people crossing started pointing at front left tire which first I ignored but finally I stopped to have a look. I was loosing air the tire was going flat, thanks to the tubeless tires we did not have to stop immediately. Got the tire repaired which is a very easy method compared to traditional tube tires.

THE LEGEND BEHIND:

I saw palio in my rearview mirror and had the ultimate respect for the car it just zoomed beside me and I had all the respect for the car and the company for bringing such a beautiful engine to us.

SO THE FINAL REPORT:

FE: CAR HAS DONE ABOUT 590 KMS till now and has not come to the the reserves yet (the fuel light)you do the math ( fuel tank 37 ltrs)
PERFORMANCE: Excellent for the car this size
COMFORT: 8 OUT OF TEN (THERE IS NO PERFECT 10 IN THIS WORLD AND TO REACH 9 YOU ALWAYS NEED TO IMPROVE)
Very little noise after you roll up the windows and braking was pretty good compared to previous generation Indicas.

remind me if I am forgetting something!!

Ciao!!
Old 14th December 2009, 14:21   #13
BHPian

Congrats msharma_79 for your new car. Welcome to the VISTA club
Old 14th December 2009, 14:41   #14
BHPian

hey thats a great drive report but plz t-bhp is totally against drag racing.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
hey thats a great drive report but plz t-bhp is totally against drag racing.
No drag racing boss that was just an expression considering the torque available on the Mjd cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks