Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 10:26   #16
BHPian

Second hand German, now that's a smart buy!

I prefer the W211's to the current model. They have a timeless elegance about them.

Drive safe, drive insane bro
Old 4th December 2009, 22:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Congrtulations !! Unless the 280CDI which is supposed to be a comparitively relaxed drive, I've heard this one really flies on kickdown. Enjoy the Star !!
I'm pretty sure the 280 would have more to offer, but then so would the 320 / 430 !!!! The list is endless...how about the AMGs . Got to be realistic here, really happy with the 270, wonderful blend of a large engine with economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronium View Post
Second hand German, now that's a smart buy!

I prefer the W211's to the current model. They have a timeless elegance about them.

Drive safe, drive insane bro
Honestly, I echo your sentiments regards the new (W212) E, but tend to avoid commenting on the same as it may seem as "sour grapes". I find the W212 looks a bit like the new Honda Accord from the rear and too much like the new (W204) C at the front. But I believe its quite a machine.

I felt the passion for the W211s the day I saw one. Oddly it was a E270 CDI just like the one I got way back in 2003.

Last edited by Mohnish : 4th December 2009 at 22:11.
Old 24th January 2010, 10:29   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase mate!

But where are the pics? And the initial ownership report?
Actually I am also planning to buy a W211 270 CDI for the last two months but sadly the feedback about the previous gen Mercs is not too good on tbhp.

Your feedback would really be the final stamp on my file! LOL!

Congrats again.
Old 24th January 2010, 15:24   #19
BHPian

Bring on some pics of the car mate. This thread needs some pics.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
But where are the pics?...
Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Bring on some pics of the car mate. This thread needs some pics.
Apologies for the delay. I haven't got around to taking decent pics as yet.The only ones I have are the ones the dealer took which certainly do not deserve public display!!! Will post as soon as I take some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
...And the initial ownership report?
Actually I am also planning to buy a W211 270 CDI for the last two months but sadly the feedback about the previous gen Mercs is not too good on tbhp...
In short, I haven't faced any "situations" so far. About the older (pre facelift) mercs that are suposed to be problem vehicles. If you can find one that has a full service history and all the recalls have been pefromed you will be ok. (But keeping your finger's crossed wouldn't harm either!!!)

Pics soon.
Old 7th August 2012, 16:14   #21
BHPian

Re: W211 E270 CDI ... Got it finallly!

Any updates on this car? Ownership experience? Pics? Am curious as im thinking of going in for a W211 E (post-facelift) and so would like to know if there are any issues... Also could anyone give me a price indication for Bangalore? Would only go for low mileage examples, so im guessing post-08...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks