Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 17:00   #16

Congrats For your I20. Nice Colour.

Be careful while driving. specially at the time of parking, this is a Big Hatch.
Wish you happy and safe driving.
Old 7th December 2009, 17:51   #17
BHPian

A well good VFM deal

Firstly Congrats bro secondly Berry red looks stunning !

Welcome to the i20 club wish you many more happy miles ahead and safe driving
Old 7th December 2009, 18:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
On a couple of occassions got my gear engagement wrong (4th instead of 2nd).
Try to avoid such mistakes as far as possible.The RPM drop that the engine will face by engaging 4th gear in speeds that warrant 2nd gear can be really bad in the running-in period.Try to keep the RPM between 2000 to 4000 and keep varying your speed atleast for first 1000 kms.If you are unsure about the gear you have slotted in, keep the clutch pressed, get in neutral, slot into the correct gear and then release the clutch.

Quote:
Sitting at drivers seat in car makes me understand the agony of Pune car drivers (for that matter all the cities) who are scared of bikers trying to squeeze in the minutest gaps.
The situation was quite the opposite for me.I learnt to drive a car before I ever rode a bike.While driving, I always gave scant regard to biker fellows.Never used to bother with signaling a lane change if a biker was present in that lane, thinking that bikes are so easy to maneuver, they can easily adjust to my presence.But now that I ride the recently bought Activa more than the car, I have realised the troubles the bike riders face and now give as much importance to them while driving as I give to other cars.
Old 7th December 2009, 22:45   #19
BHPian

Congrats on your new Uber cool i20. Welcome to the i20 club and Berry Red looks great on the car

Hope U have a safe driving and also dont hurt the beauty anymore, while U master her
Old 14th December 2009, 15:22   #20
BHPian

Some Updates

Ok Guys,time for some update.
Have completed ~450 Kms & done the first tankfull.FE approx 11 with 80 % AC.
Here are some obervations:

1. I have noticed the tachometer to be just around 1K RPM mark when the engine is cold.Another BHPin svaid has mentioned same thing on his i10.Request fellow i20 owners to comment on this part.

2. While reversing in the morning I used to hear a crunching sound very regularly.Incidently there was a promotion camp by Sanjay Hyundai in my society where they were also providing a free checkup.I showed this to their engineer,he says if we park with the handbrakes on ,this sound results from its release.To avoid this instead of reversing, engage 1st gear,take it a bit forward & then reverse.Have done it & there's no noise

3.Second gear with AC and with 4 passengers felt very sluggish specially on a incline.Now resorting to switch off the AC whenever I climb a incline with my family on board.

4.The music system sounds crap when it plays CD but if you play same track through mp3 player it will sound a LOT better.Hence this quality can safely be attributed to the stock HU

5. I'm planning to put a sunfilm on front wind shield.Browsing through threads made me go for 3M CR70.But at the same time went through itwenty's thread where he had to removed the sunfilm to gain better visibilty at night.Request i20 owners to put their thoughts as I have also heard that the stock headlights are not providing good visibility at night.

6.Also if I'm going at a speed of 60kms in 4th gear & notice a toll ahead should I put neutral & let the car rolling till the toll booth or downshift gradually & come to a hault.

Will update more with some queries/info,till then Cheers !
Old 14th December 2009, 19:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Please find my feelings and comments inline

Quote:
Ok Guys,time for some update.
Have completed ~450 Kms & done the first tankfull.FE approx 11 with 80 % AC.
Here are some obervations:

1. I have noticed the tachometer to be just around 1K RPM mark when the engine is cold.Another BHPin svaid has mentioned same thing on his i10.Request fellow i20 owners to comment on this part.

I have the same experience. The rpm was lesser in hotter days.

2. While reversing in the morning I used to hear a crunching sound very regularly.Incidently there was a promotion camp by Sanjay Hyundai in my society where they were also providing a free checkup.I showed this to their engineer,he says if we park with the handbrakes on ,this sound results from its release.To avoid this instead of reversing, engage 1st gear,take it a bit forward & then reverse.Have done it & there's no noise

same here

3.Second gear with AC and with 4 passengers felt very sluggish specially on a incline.Now resorting to switch off the AC whenever I climb a incline with my family on board.

4.The music system sounds crap when it plays CD but if you play same track through mp3 player it will sound a LOT better.Hence this quality can safely be attributed to the stock HU

Even I noticed the same in my i10 when I switched from mp3 cds to ipod.

5. I'm planning to put a sunfilm on front wind shield.Browsing through threads made me go for 3M CR70.But at the same time went through itwenty's thread where he had to removed the sunfilm to gain better visibilty at night.Request i20 owners to put their thoughts as I have also heard that the stock headlights are not providing good visibility at night.

i have llumar air75 on my front windshield (i10), and I do not feel impaired due to that. Offcourse both headlights in i10 and i20 are below par.

6.Also if I'm going at a speed of 60kms in 4th gear & notice a toll ahead should I put neutral & let the car rolling till the toll booth or downshift gradually & come to a hault.

NEVER coast in high speed in neutral. Always gradually downshift and come to hault.

Will update more with some queries/info,till then Cheers !
Old 14th December 2009, 21:16   #22
BHPian

How did i miss your post since one week.
Congrats on your new i20 dude. How come your story is same as mine
I wish you got i20 on your anniversary.
Trust me you will learn i20 very quick. Gear shifting is the best.Be careful about the front,you will be deceived easily,even i scraped bumper very first week. So just maintain a distance until you judge the front properly.

I feel CD sound is more good than iPod connected through AUX in.

Post the pics once you get seat covers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks