Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 21:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Congrats @sai. Have a safe drive in the new car.
Suggestions: Change the tires, Stock tires are no good at all.
Thank you!!
Yeah! I'm planning for an upgrade in another couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations - Black is good looking and will be attractive,if you can maintain well !
The last photo shows that you have parked the car in front JBL shop -so thinking of
any ICE upgradation ?

Drive safe - cheers !
Thanks a lot. Yup! Maintenance is quite tuf, but I do take time & effort for the same.
The last snap was taken at Pitz Stop. I'm planning to do my ICE there. Already I have put up gsport Seat covers. It has come out too gud. Watch out for more in this thread. A couple of snaps for now.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1680.jpg

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1717.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
congrats sai -just upsize to wider tires and alloys, and perceive the change in stance of the car. You would be amazed!
Thanks...
Yeah! I'm already on it. Jus wannu wait for another couple of months to invest on it!
Old 25th December 2009, 22:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sai,
Seat covers have been done very neatly. Like the color combination. Can you post more pics of the front and back seats. How much did it cost you ?
Old 27th December 2009, 21:05   #18
BHPian

How I zeroed in on gsports cover for my i10 "Blackagna"

Dear Frenz:

So here I come again with a storyline, a kind of!!

This time for how I did my seat covers & how i jus found a shop & felt this is really a one time 'Pitz Stop' for all my car accessories.

Lemme use a time machine & go back a lil! lolz.

I was checking all over internet since i bought a car for seat covers. I know am very choosy be it anything. Thou I have been checking for this even before i got my car, my search became intense only since i got my 'Blackagna'

I had many a seat covers in my mind, but everythin fits in perfect for a Swift but not for i10 because of the seat shape. oops!! That was when I put my Thinkin Cap on.

First let me decide upon the color that I should go in for & then to pattern / model whatever you call it.

The color of the car was black & interior was totally beige. So I decided upon Black & beige, no compromise whatsoever for that. Black wud be 60-70 % & beige 30 - 40%.

After checking out the quality & finsh of gSports, I just fell for it. Now again pattern.

This was when one of my friends' told me I need to check the shop called Pitz Stop. When I visited for the first time, I thought this is the place am gonna do everything. Actually it was run by 2 childhood friends one is Krunal & the other guy is Ankur. I just walked thru & felt the place. For the first 2 visits I never did buy anything except fitting a reverse horn thou I enquired about ICE & Seat Covers.

My third visit was a fruitful one since I decided on my seat covers & ordered one along with my friend [For 2 i10's His Car was a Red one]

But even though I ordered one, I was a little apprehensive how it wud turn out to be & kept my fingers crossed for the d-day.

The guys were pretty helpful. One of the guys called up on Tuesday to confirm my plan for the d-day. We fixed up a time 7AM on 23rd Dec to fix the seat covers. Since I can finish off the same & go to offcz by afternoon.

So on 23rd I reached the shop around half past 7 & the garage I should say a word or two about it too. It is Krunal's house car parking area in underground which has been aesthetically converted into a shop. Those guys were pucca professionals, technically sound & more importantly love cars! That was evident from the way they have altered a Swift. It was one of the best modified swifts I have witnessed so far.

Coming to seat covers again. The worker started his work around half past 8. I just checked the seat covers & as usual tapped my cameraman inside me to click the snaps. Actually I luv this job of mine.

When the back seats were done. I liked it, but waited patiently for the front one to start, since that wud be my seat always!! ;-)

When the front seat was almost over, I just fell in love with the design & told myself, wow you have choosen the best one. It was simply stunning I should say. I'm posting some pictures, just have a look at it & please share your comments.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1623.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1624.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1640.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1653.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1645.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1656.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1668.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1673.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1682.jpg

if anybody wants to contact these guys, jus let me know. I wud be very happy to introduce you guys.

Already I'm doin some research on ICE, It wud take time. Lemme comeback agian with a trademark of mine, yeah a storyline for sure!

You can't escape easily guys!! Please do bear with me...

Old 27th December 2009, 21:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sai,
Seat covers have been done very neatly. Like the color combination. Can you post more pics of the front and back seats. How much did it cost you ?
Sorry for the delay in my response.

The seat cover + Steering grip cost me Rs.6850/-
Old 27th December 2009, 23:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Excellent car and very passionate write-up

Eagerly awaiting the other bits on this thread. And love the way you post so many pictures.
Old 28th December 2009, 09:30   #21
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your kind words Arun!!!
Support from you guys keeps me goin gaga...
Old 28th December 2009, 11:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed pics of the seats, Sai. Looks really neat. I have white i10 and still using the company fitted fabric. Yet decide on the color combination.
Old 29th December 2009, 20:19   #23
BHPian

You are welcome RK. I wud suggest you a full beige with a very little brown here & there. Else full beige with self design wud look great for your car. Do keep us posted!!
Old 29th December 2009, 20:57   #24
BHPian

Very very passionate writeup. Congrats and all the best with the car. Do keep up your spirits and update the thread with more details.
Old 29th December 2009, 21:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

A write up straight from the heart. Congrats dude and enjoy ur ride.

Where exactly is the Pitz Stop in CHennai ?
Old 29th December 2009, 21:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Narayan View Post
You are welcome RK. I wud suggest you a full beige with a very little brown here & there. Else full beige with self design wud look great for your car. Do keep us posted!!
You right, the interiors is Beige and Brown combination and i am also thinking to keep the same colors on the seat covers. Full beige would be very difficult to maintain especially with a kid who eats his food in the car most of the time when we are out of the house.
Old 30th December 2009, 07:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Very very passionate writeup. Congrats and all the best with the car. Do keep up your spirits and update the thread with more details.
Thank you!! Sure, I will keep you all posted with all my experiences & keep updating this thread from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
A write up straight from the heart. Congrats dude and enjoy ur ride.

Where exactly is the Pitz Stop in CHennai ?
Thanks a ton for your kind words...
Here is the complete address!

PITZSTOP,
NEW NO 16, LAKSHMAN ST,
NEAR JEEVA PARK,
T NAGAR, CHENNAI-17
Krunal Sanghvi - 9884320079
Old 30th December 2009, 10:07   #28
BHPian

Congrats Hero!! I can tell you i10 is just magic on roads.
I too own a i10 era. Just love my machine.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:49   #29
BHPian

Sid:

So true! I have become so very confident behind the wheels nowadays. All marks to i10 as well.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:02   #30
BHPian

Drive down the lane past the busy city streets...

Hey Guys,

Great day!

Back to where I belong...
Yeah!! Forums, Blogs, Google, SAP, MSN & what not?
Cars? It is my newfound passion which I cud afford in the recent past thou it was my childhood dream.

My drive this time was from Chennai to Trichy. 322 Kms, 4 lane Road. It was really a highway I wud suggest anyone who is gonna try a highway ride for the first time.

The drive was safe & easy than what I really thought. Kudos to all who were behind the construction of this highway for years.

Drove around 800Kms in a span of 4 odd days without a damage to my "Blackagna". I guess I need a promotion from being a novice driver all these days! Guys wat say?

So how it all started? I just told my parents, why don't we take our Blackagna along with us than travelling either by bus / train to Trichy. They were lil apprehensive & finally said yes with a pinch of tension. Am still a kid to em thou.

But they know I wud never say somethin which am not confident of & neither i wud go back on wat I had said already. So it was green all the way.

Last day of year 2009. 31st August. Decided I should change my headlights to 90/100 before commiting myself to a long drive incase there is any issue because of poor light. So I decided to go in for a change & finally did it my fav shop, by end of day I did put up fog lamps as well. Liked the look of my car with fog lamps. But lemme tell u guys, changing the headlight is a wise decision rather than opting for foglamps if u want better view by Night. Fog lamps is only for looks & an additional light too help you with the light of headlight.

My plan was to start from home early in the morning on 1st Jan 2010. Told myself I should go to bed atleast by 10pm. Would I ever go? Noway, having been classified myself as Nocturnal, I wud seldom crash early by night. And more importantly being the 1st of 2010, I would hardly change my mind & find some sleep. I was able to crash by half past 12. Slept until half past 6 in morning & got ready very religiously & with a slight tint of tension that I should reach the destination safe & sound.

Started by half past 7 & reached tambaram hotchips by 8:15 for breakfast. Since I had just 5 hrs of gud sleep I thought I wud doze off, since I have never ever travelled awake all the time even if it is a 3hrs of journey, thank god, this is my first driving experince on a highway. I took time to start off from there & it wud have been almost 9 when we left. Filled up almost full tank before I was off on highway.

Car was engaged in 5th gear very shortly say in another 2kms & I was thinkin whether my car boasts of anything called as 6 / 7th gear. lolz!!

Blackagna was flyin somewhere between 80/90 kms. Told myself several times, do not cross 100Km. It was pleasure driving on highway thou you seldom change gears unlike in city where your left hand will be completely busy with the gearbox & left leg with clutch.

The drive was simply more smooth than silk I wud say. Yes! The driving pleasure was beyond comparison. It was on this day I felt i had made a right decision by choosing the rite vehicle for all coarses. I had literally kept my rite leg on accelerator & just forgot to take it off. This highway drive was a class apart. The road complimented my drive to the best it was known for.

I was missing myself behind the camera while am driving. Yeah! Thats my other passion which I was missing very badly. I had to choose between the two, wheels or camera. Wheels ofcourse since my dad can't drive too. Oh God! Can't I clone myself behind my camera & wheels? it was a tuf proposition for god himself.

i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1763.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1765.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1767.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1769.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1770.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1928.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1939.jpg
i10 Blackagna - A Big Story indeed.  Journey since 06 Dec 09-img_1948.jpg

I felt so happy about the way my steering wheel responded in traffic & now on highway at 100km/hr, it was really a pleasure moving her either way, it has to be felt to enzoy it to ultimatum. Such was the response. I really loved it & simply glanced at how the buses & lorries were left behind in the untold race. wow! I cud'nt believe myself. i10 Blackagna proved her mettle at highways than what i really expected of her. My driving time to trichy was just 5hrs excluding a one hour break.

I took two pitstops of half an hr each to tap my photography skills. Except for SUV's I paved way for none & held my nerve all along the competition on highway. whoo-ah!

Thou I have not driven on a highway, i had travelled in almost all hatchbacks released till date, I wud rate this experience of mine as 1, 2 & 3. Not because it is my Blackagna, but because the drive was such.
I had fallen for this "Blackagna" that literally i cud never ever get out & get back to my machine life either!
Itz like falling for a girl & trying to come out but actually falling back strong than before even without ur own knowledge. Such is the case here too.

I'm planning for more such trips in the near future & for more such blogs. Both Road & car has to be complimented for this effort of mine.

The only thing I missed in the entire drive was ICE for which I had taken my ipod along as I used to do with my Bike. Kept the volume to minimum, since I was afraid to miss any horn sounds. But enjoyed the drive tharoughly with all my fav songs all along the drive.

The drive was like flying in an Airbus A380 piercing thru Bus, car, lorry instead of clouds thou!!
;-) Just checked the poetic side of me. Hahaha!! Cool down guys.

Last but not the least, I don't find words to describe the
Power,
Road presence,
Speed, Driving pleasure,
Suspension,
Brakes &
Mileage.

I cudn't check in tank full method, instead I filled up petrol after reaching Trichy almost upto full tank & calculated how much litres she has taken & it gave me a rough mileage of 17km/l. I knew this method is wrong, but lemme do check it again next time after Service 1.

This car is stupendous on performance devoid of city drive or highway drive.

For a complete car for driving in city & enzoy the highway drive as well. Better choose i10, I feel proud of my decision this day as I was on anyday & for days to come.

Note: As I don wannu bore you guys with how I came back, I have just finished this blog after reaching home at Trichy.

Last edited by Sai Narayan : 7th January 2010 at 11:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks