Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 11:12   #16
BHPian

My thanks to all of you for your wonderful replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
After this scratch I am least bothered and enjoy my drive because in India you have to live with it.
I fully agree with you. I am always pretty tense driving a new car. After the first scratch, the tension quickly dissipates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
No sticker on the petrol lid.
Are these stickers available at accesory stores? I might prefer to stick it to the inner surface of the lid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
the floor mats dont look like they are OE. The front one looks like the regular door mat used at home. Have you taken the issue to the dealer, or is this a free gift from them?
The mats were a free gift from the dealer. They were supposed to be OE but they aren't. I have decided to use them for some time & then replace them with better quality after-market ones. The regular home door mat look-alike was bought from a car accessory shop for Rs20. Used to be Rs15 earlier. I always buy one & place it on top of the regular mat on the driver's side. Throw it away after 2-3 months when it starts deteriorating. Prevents the mat underneath from developing holes. If you wear out the original mat, you have to buy the whole set again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Nura, how about a spoiler to add to the looks?
The ZXI with those alloys look a lot better than the SXi with the chrome treatment on the grille. It totally spoils the looks, IMO.
As for the scratches, since the car seems to be a daily driver, you'll soon get used to it.
How much did those after market mud flaps cost?
I did think of getting a spoiler. But the dealer didn't have the one that comes on the S version. Making 4 holes in the boot lid also kinda scared me away.
Trying to use the Fiesta for the longer drives and the 2002 Santro for the shorter ones.
The mudflaps cost Rs550. They are the moulded variety and break quite easily. I think the rubber ones would have been better. One never stops learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
The rust issue was seen on Frank Mehta's car as well and was caused due to being in storage for long. Did you check with your dealer?
I had taken the car to the dealer's workshop. They gave my car a free wash & general check-up for my troubles. Am hoping to persuade them to sandpaper off the rust & apply a coat of paint during the 1st service. Plan to get underbody antirust done at the same time. Not sure if antirust can/ will be applied on the rusted parts.
Old 15th December 2009, 11:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

I got the sticker from my dealer (it was fixed prior to delivery).

Afixing the sticker on the petrol tank link is for guidence to the petrol pump attendent to see that and fill the correct fuel. If you fix it in the inner surface then it will not have the desired effect?
Old 15th December 2009, 12:28   #18
BHPian

Nura , great car to drive , have fun driving it.

@Nairrk , Even with the sticker , ninety percent of the petrol pump attendants ask.
"Patrol athava Diesel Saar.!!" , so not sure that is going to change the Indian Petrol Bunk Attendant.
Old 15th December 2009, 12:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Doc on the new ownership. Its a great car by all means. Have an enjoyable drive ahead. It becomes part of our heart and daily routine very soon and adaptability is too good.
Old 15th December 2009, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the Fida club!

Did someone say Manza has more power than the 1.6 Duratec? It might be the greatest exaggeration of the year. Reminds me of a recent converstion:

The other day I met a Manza owner when I was parking my pal's I-20 CRDI. He asked me the price, and I said it was around 7.9 on road. He pointed to his Manza and said, " I am stuck with this 'Dabba'". Not sure what he meant as I had to leave in a hurry, but it came as a surprise to me! I feel I should have probed further, but alas I did not.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:19   #21
BHPian

Thank you all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_812 View Post
Nura , great car to drive , have fun driving it.

@Nairrk , Even with the sticker , ninety percent of the petrol pump attendants ask.
"Patrol athava Diesel Saar.!!" , so not sure that is going to change the Indian Petrol Bunk Attendant.
Dead right. I never sit in the car when refuelling. Like to be right next to the attendant. Thinking of putting the sticker just to remind me to check what he is about to fill.
Old 13th January 2010, 10:53   #22
BHPian

I have been driving the Fiesta in fits & starts mostly but the kids came home before Christmas & left after New Year's, so there were several trips to the airport.
I noticed that I had developed a niggling pain in the right shoulder blade after these trips. The pain subsided in a week or so, when I went back to driving the Santro but returned when I drove the Fiesta again one day, about 70 km into the suburbs.
TBHP members have already commented on the narrowness of the Fiesta seats & I actually felt the right edge of the seat digging into my right shoulder blade during the longer drives.
I am 6 feet tall, not particularly broad-shouldered & have been driving with the seat pushed back so that my knees do not scrape the dashboard, the seat-bottom fully raised & the back-rest slightly reclined. Do I need to adjust the seat differently? I did try various settings, sitting in the garage, but ended up getting even more confused.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 30th January 2010, 09:08   #23
BHPian

Hi!
I had ordered a set of frames & number-plates from Utsav's stall at the Auto Expo. They were delivered the same evening at my hotel.
The letters & numbers are perfectly aligned, the black frames blend with the colour of the car & there are no visible screws.
My thanks to @frankmehta.
Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_16tbhp.jpg  

My Panther Black Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI Pictures - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly-img_17tbhp.jpg  

Old 30th January 2010, 09:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Lovely plates. and they complete the fantastic look of the car! Only thing is, the hologram is not visible and the IND font is not the same as all the IND plates. Is there a change in the original design? Mine is different. I thought all plates across India had to have the same design. Am I missing something here?
Old 30th January 2010, 10:31   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good work and ofcourse it is attractive with the black (body coloured) frame !
How much you paid for it?
Old 30th January 2010, 11:14   #26
BHPian

good looking car!! congrats
Old 30th January 2010, 14:24   #27
BHPian

Thanks @frankmehta, @nairrk & @SX4LOVER!
There were a few other design options available with Utsav. This is the one I chose. Total cost, including frames, was 1250.
Old 30th January 2010, 18:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
I have been driving the Fiesta in fits & starts mostly but the kids came home before Christmas & left after New Year's, so there were several trips to the airport.
I noticed that I had developed a niggling pain in the right shoulder blade after these trips. The pain subsided in a week or so, when I went back to driving the Santro but returned when I drove the Fiesta again one day, about 70 km into the suburbs.
TBHP members have already commented on the narrowness of the Fiesta seats & I actually felt the right edge of the seat digging into my right shoulder blade during the longer drives.
I am 6 feet tall, not particularly broad-shouldered & have been driving with the seat pushed back so that my knees do not scrape the dashboard, the seat-bottom fully raised & the back-rest slightly reclined. Do I need to adjust the seat differently? I did try various settings, sitting in the garage, but ended up getting even more confused.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Me also 6', never felt the pain, even after doing a CHN-KOL solo trip few days back. Did you try adjusting the tilt steering?
Old 30th January 2010, 21:41   #29
BHPian

I have hardly driven the Fiesta recently but the pain is persisting. Maybe it is related to my posture while working with the laptop & desktop.
Old 31st January 2010, 10:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
I have hardly driven the Fiesta recently but the pain is persisting. Maybe it is related to my posture while working with the laptop & desktop.
+
so definitely it(pain) cannot be from driving your fiesta, but may be because of your working with the computers continously ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks