Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2011, 20:42   #76
BHPian

Re: The Dream White SX4 VVT ZXi Comes Home

This is exactly the FE i normally get - 8.5 to 9. I really wonder how people are getting 11-12 on a consistent basis as some have claimed here. Nevertheless, I have not tried the car at 80-90 on a long run. I will take a long tour shortly and let me see if i can match your 15.

One good thing i learnt is to adjust the spark plug gaps, otherwise the MASS are pretty prompt to say that everything is ECM controlled and nothing can be done on FE.

BTW, you seem to had a nice trip.
Old 28th February 2011, 19:32   #77
Senior - BHPian

Can you update us on rattling issues? Are you facing any?
Old 28th February 2011, 21:07   #78
BHPian

Hi viv,

Booked my ZXI today. Anything I need to watch out for in the first few months... rattles, sqeaks, electrical hick ups, etc?

Will definately keep in mind to check the tire pressure after reading your earlier posts .

Parik
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:50   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Can you update us on rattling issues? Are you facing any?
Quote:
Originally Posted by parik_ind View Post
Hi viv,

Booked my ZXI today. Anything I need to watch out for in the first few months... rattles, sqeaks, electrical hick ups, etc?

Parik

Congratulations Parik for booking the ZXi. Its a smart choice. No, there are no issues in principle, and if your dealer is good, you will get a good vehicle. Of course a pre delivery check certainly helps.

As for the rattling, so far there is none, and I have now had the vehicle for over a year, having done approx 9000 kms. But yes, squeaks are there, very minor, and not so irritating. Suzuki is famous for using cheap plastics that squeak and creek with time, so that is expected, however, in my case, I do not know if Suzuki is to blame all that much. You see, there is this Central Government JNURM activity taking place over several cities for renovating transport and sewage systems. Lucknow is one of the cities and so from around June last year, every major road, and lots of not-so-major roads were dug up for laying down deep sewer drains...the road bang in front of where we live was also dug up. So the car has to move on exceptionally poor surfaces, and believe me, they are very very poor, very uneven, rough, and very dusty. Also remember that this is all over town, so wherever you go, you'll encounter some such section...I noticed the first squeak around October/November last year, but this is only on rough surfaces, not on smooth roads (either not yet dug up, or relaid again).
Old 4th March 2011, 16:31   #80
BHPian

Thanks viv. Your inputs help. I can relate to the whole digging up bit, been seeing a lot of that here owing to the Metro construction and some new underpasses.

I do plan to do a complete PDI before taking delivery. Will post the first impressions report soon.

Parik
Old 4th March 2011, 17:33   #81
BHPian

even my sx4 is about 11 months old and has 10k on the odo and ill also second vivprasad as fas as the squeeks go. nothing major and mostly happen only on broken or bad roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks