Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2011, 13:23   #331
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Cruze LTZ - Ownership Report EDIT: SOLD after 115000 km!

The battery Ac delco in my cruze at failed today morning , when contacted Geeyem Motors they replaced the Ac Delco with Exide free of cost , i guess there is some issue with ac delco batteries, so all cruze owners please check with your service guys and find out about this and get the battery replaced asap
brijesh1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 16:02   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977
The battery Ac delco in my cruze at failed today morning , when contacted Geeyem Motors they replaced the Ac Delco with Exide free of cost , i guess there is some issue with ac delco batteries, so all cruze owners please check with your service guys and find out about this and get the battery replaced asap
How many months did the battery last ? My Cruze battery lasted for 10 months and I got it replaced under warranty.
Old 16th October 2011, 19:14   #333
BHPian

How much does paint protection polish + anti-rust teflon treatment cost on the Cruze? The dealer's brochure says it costs around Rs. 17,000 for the Cruze in total, but I was charged only Rs. 4522/-.

Of late, I have noticed that my Cruze has a lot of scratches on the doors in spite of the car being parked mostly at home and covered. I wash it myself, and use the Formula 1 scratch out compound to keep the scratches (which can be felt with fingers, so they are not completely superficial) from worsening.

I am worried that the paint is crumbling, or that the polish wasn't applied in the first place. These could well be the work of insects or birds' claws. Can someone tell me if Rs. 4522 seems a reasonable amount for the paint protection polish and the anti-rust treatment? I don't have a bill for this..I was charged this money at the time of taking delivery.

Isn't the anti-rust treatment applied to the underside only, and the paint protection polish to the rest of the car? How good (or bad) is this polish, and how do I find out if I indeed have it? The paint seems to be fading (losing its lustre) -- I have a Caviar black Cruze.

I am especially worried also because I haven't had the dents and scratches mentioned in an earlier post fixed so far (due to lack of time), and new ones seem to be cropping up without the car being touched or hit by anyone (it is always parked in a very secure place with a cover, and inspected almost everyday and cleaned with a dry cloth).

Secondly, the handbrake seems to be behaving weirdly. Today, after parking the car at a 90 degree angle to a pavement (with the rear facing the pavement) and pulling the handbrake, the car somehow rolled down and hit the pavement sometime after I got off. The silencer broke the tiles of the pavement, and one of the mudguards broke off. I drove the car back home, but I suppose I should have it looked at.

But this is the second time this has happened. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this how the handbrake on the Cruze behaves anyway?
Old 17th October 2011, 10:27   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
But this is the second time this has happened. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this how the handbrake on the Cruze behaves anyway?
Have the SA look at it asap. It is not supposed to behave like that!
Old 17th October 2011, 16:06   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
How many months did the battery last ? My Cruze battery lasted for 10 months and I got it replaced under warranty.
battery lasted for 18 months . i was surpised when the SA said that the battery has been changed with a new Exide and he said it is free and apologized for the inconvenience leaving me gleaming . after all i have had only good experience from Geeyem Motors
brijesh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 10:23   #336

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
battery lasted for 18 months . i was surpised when the SA said that the battery has been changed with a new Exide and he said it is free and apologized for the inconvenience leaving me gleaming . after all i have had only good experience from Geeyem Motors
My cruze is almost 16 months old and my Ac Delco battery is giving problem. Contacted the dealer and he says that this is the life of a battery in Cruze. But I am surprised to note above that after 18 months the battery was changed for free of cost. Is the dealer taking me for a ride and I deserve a replacement free of cost?
Anisoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 11:34   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisoft View Post
My cruze is almost 16 months old and my Ac Delco battery is giving problem. Contacted the dealer and he says that this is the life of a battery in Cruze. But I am surprised to note above that after 18 months the battery was changed for free of cost. Is the dealer taking me for a ride and I deserve a replacement free of cost?
hi , please take up the matter with the service head of your respective dealership. And as i mentioned Geeyem Motors service is miles apart from other dealerships that i have come across. you could definitely mention the replacement that has been done by other dealership. It seems GM has instructed the dealers to replace the faulty Ac delco battery .Please contact your dealer and even if the reply is negative, i will speak to the service head of Geeyem and let you know what can be done.
PLEASE do not trust AC delco , My car went completely dead , thankfully the vehicle was at home.
brijesh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2011, 11:46   #338

Quote:
hi , please take up the matter with the service head of your respective dealership. And as i mentioned Geeyem Motors service is miles apart from other dealerships that i have come across. you could definitely mention the replacement that has been done by other dealership. It seems GM has instructed the dealers to replace the faulty Ac delco battery .Please contact your dealer and even if the reply is negative, i will speak to the service head of Geeyem and let you know what can be done.
PLEASE do not trust AC delco , My car went completely dead , thankfully the vehicle was at home.
Thanks Brijesh for all the help. Can you please give me the contact number of Geeyem Motors Service Head? If GM has instructed all dealers for battery replacement, maybe my dealer is taking me for a ride here..!!
Old 28th December 2011, 13:52   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Brijesh for all the help. Can you please give me the contact number of Geeyem Motors Service Head? If GM has instructed all dealers for battery replacement, maybe my dealer is taking me for a ride here..!!
hi , i spoke to the service head . what he said is if there is a serious problem with the battery , they will replace the same. it seems it also depends on the dealerships how they plan to retain their customer base, anyway please do speak with the service head of your dealership.
Usual problem with the faulty battery is that it drains out completely
Old 29th December 2011, 22:04   #340
anb
BHPian

Quote:
hi , i spoke to the service head . what he said is if there is a serious problem with the battery , they will replace the same. it seems it also depends on the dealerships how they plan to retain their customer base, anyway please do speak with the service head of your dealership.
Usual problem with the faulty battery is that it drains out completely
Thanks for your post. Yesterday I went to geeyem motors, ernakulam for 30K service. I just told the SA to replace the delco battery even though no complaints with battery so far . SA told they will check and replace if they find any fault. They found some problem and replaced the battery with a new exide battery (Rs.10130) for free during service. They also replaced fuel hose for free(Rs.6K). Pre- January 2011 cruze has problems with fuel hose. The service of geeyem motors is very good.
Quote:
I got the Delco battery replaced after 18 months with a new exide battery for free. I think dealer is cheating you. Try to contact in this number or send an email
Complaints and Suggestions

You can get in touch with us 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
Tel: 30308080 (Prefix local STD code)
Email: gmi.cac@gm.com

Last edited by anb : 29th December 2011 at 22:18.
Old 11th January 2012, 16:25   #341
BHPian

[quote=anb;2626495] Thanks for your post. Yesterday I went to geeyem motors, ernakulam for 30K service. I just told the SA to replace the delco battery even though no complaints with battery so far . SA told they will check and replace if they find any fault. They found some problem and replaced the battery with a new exide battery (Rs.10130) for free during service. They also replaced fuel hose for free(Rs.6K). Pre- January 2011 cruze has problems with fuel hose. The service of geeyem motors is very good.[quote]

oh that,s great so someone benefited , yes geeyem service is really god, they do care about their reputation .

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th February 2012 at 13:29. Reason: fixed quote tag
Old 28th February 2012, 09:56   #342
anb
BHPian

Quote:
That's the same like my Cruze!!

You should be prepared for another round of brake pad replacements at around 41000kms. I was unlucky with the Rear Brake Disc.
Front brake pads are replaced for the second time, at 35K service. Now expecting rear brake pads replacement around 40-45K service. is this a general issue for cruze or is it b'cose of my driving style?

Last edited by anb : 28th February 2012 at 09:57.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:58   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Front brake pads are replaced for the second time, at 35K service. Now expecting rear brake pads replacement around 40-45K service. is this a general issue for cruze or is it b'cose of my driving style?
Quote:
That's the same like my Cruze!!
You should be prepared for another round of brake pad replacements at around 41000kms. I was unlucky with the Rear Brake Disc.
Wow. This is something that I need to be be prepared for, then.
It's odd, because my Swift-diesel had done 48,000km as of last week when I sold her and the brake pads were never changed. I'm not a lunatic on the roads but I'm not sedate either... but perhaps what prolonged the life of my pads was the fact that when the situation allowed I always downshifted and used the engine braking as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Actually, the maintenance of cruze isn't all that expensive. It seems so because of the way our beloved sultan is crunching down the miles!! May be it is so because of the extensive highway driving. Checkout Avi's thread (Mobike008) and you'll see the cost of ownership at around 50ps/km. So it ain't all that bad. Only thing that might prove a bit expensive are the brake pads (not disks, they would wear well beyond 50k kms under normal usage)) and oil change. The brake pads i think will last 25k kms for the average joe who doesn't really go at 180+ speeds regularly. But who does that with a cruze ??
Anyway, my point is that Cruze is not that expensive to maintain for the kind of performance it offers.
Good to know. Just got mine last Monday... it took me a few days to find the right 17" alloys (I loved Sameer's alloys) and I absolutely love the car. One of the reasons I didn't pick the Laura was because of the unreasonable maintenance costs that are associated with the car.
Here's my Initial Ownership Thread, btw.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:45   #344
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Wow. This is something that I need to be be prepared for, then.
It's odd, because my Swift-diesel had done 48,000km as of last week when I sold her and the brake pads were never changed. I'm not a lunatic on the roads but I'm not sedate either... but perhaps what prolonged the life of my pads was the fact that when the situation allowed I always downshifted and used the engine braking as much as possible.
Wear of brake pads also depends upon road conditions and driving style. My viva CRDi's average front brake pad life is 20K.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:47   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb

Cruze being a high speed car which requires frequent braking at high speeds resulting in the wearing out off brake pads. The brake pads of the Cruze last for only 20K if there is extensive highway driving. This is a general issue with all the Cruze owners. Nothing to do with your driving style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks