Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 14:57   #5356
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@RGK & figo_mba

Thanks,

I got this part-warranty by asking the same question to Ford Chennai. I would not have pestered them if this problem was unique to my car. Many TBHPians are having problems with the Rack, only God knows how many others have the same issue.

I will buy the wipers now & change them later.

I checked with tyre guys for a swap back to OE - my loss would be more than 10K therefore it is better to keep the same tyre & if rack fails again, i will replace it by cash.

@Statement, I guess Bosch wipers will not ruin the wiper motor or something because figo_mba has been using it for some time now. With Ford it's always a gamble.

Only saving grace is the super driving experience.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 26th September 2011 at 14:59.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:40   #5357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
I did it at MPL Vadapalani. The explanation by the SA was that car was washed on day one, and they found out the bearing problem during road test after washing. After that they had worked on the car for 2 days and hence the dust on the car.

I just asked them to clean it again though I could have insisted on washing the car again but that would have meant a further delay.
I completed 2.5K service in Planet Ford Kolhapur, I found it to be excellent, it was a very nice experience. Service, Timelyness and Cleaning etc. etc. was up to satisfaction.

However Cluster Glass Rattle and minor rattle at left A Pillar on Bad Road came back on same day but I am ignoring it since its limited only to bad roads and that too at speed of 20 to 30 above and below its not present. If anybody knows any remedy for this to completely eradicate it please Post. I dont want them to do trial and error and create few more rattles in the process.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:45   #5358
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
@RGK & figo_mba

I checked with tyre guys for a swap back to OE - my loss would be more than 10K therefore it is better to keep the same tyre & if rack fails again, i will replace it by cash.
The rack cost is just 8k, but what about suspension.So include that also. (I wish you have a trouble free ownership always, but just a note)

By continuing with the up-sized tires, you may come to know whether the rack issue was due to the tires or faulty rack.

Last edited by RGK : 26th September 2011 at 16:46.
Old 27th September 2011, 10:00   #5359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
@RGK & figo_mba

Thanks,

I got this part-warranty by asking the same question to Ford Chennai. I would not have pestered them if this problem was unique to my car. Many TBHPians are having problems with the Rack, only God knows how many others have the same issue.

I will buy the wipers now & change them later.

@Statement, I guess Bosch wipers will not ruin the wiper motor or something because figo_mba has been using it for some time now. With Ford it's always a gamble.

Only saving grace is the super driving experience.
Good to see that this expense is covered under warranty. What will be the total cost if not covered by warranty? I also up-sized the Tyre to 185 and changed alloys outside. Thought i am not facing the issue now, i just want to be prepared .

I am also getting the 'hissing' noise from the steering and i notice that only when i park the car in my apartment (when the steering reaches maximum turning position). Apart from that, i am not seeing any issue from the Steering so far and ignoring the noise. My car has done 4K so far.

As many reported, there is small rattling noises from many places in the car and it comes and goes. It is irritating when driving without audio. There were sound from the dash, front doors. Now i am getting slightly louder noise from the back for the last couple of days (a kind of krrr... krrr...dak...dakk sound). Looks like it is coming from the trunk area. Need to check if not subsiding.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:02   #5360
BHPian

My Figo diesel has covered 1100+ kilometers and is performing quite well. This being my first diesel car, I am yet to get used to it. the first fuel consumption figure was 17-17.5 km / litre.

On our recent Mumbai trip, I noticed something peculiar and not experienced earlier: When the car is idling, in neutral, hand-brake applied and A.C. ON, all of a sudden the engine rpm raises slightly in addition to a change in engine noise but comes to normally equally quickly. This happens quite a number of times.

Is this o.k. / normal / not O.K.? Can the experts please throw light on this? As my running in coming October may exceed 1500kms and three months interval may lapse, I will be getting my car serviced on the 3rd of October itself.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:07   #5361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
: When the car is idling, in neutral, hand-brake applied and A.C. ON, all of a sudden the engine rpm raises slightly in addition to a change in engine noise but comes to normally equally quickly. This happens quite a number of times.

Is this o.k. / normal / not O.K.?
That is normal. A/C's compressor at work. Nothing to worry.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:31   #5362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
That is normal. A/C's compressor at work. Nothing to worry.
Thank you Anil. But in other diesel cars like Swift, I have not seen this happening or does it?
Old 27th September 2011, 15:34   #5363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Anil. But in other diesel cars like Swift, I have not seen this happening or does it?
That might be due to the lower compressor rating in other cars. Figo's A/C has a 150CC compressor, while others in the segment have almost half that size.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:37   #5364
BHPian

Quote:
This happens in Swift too, when you turn the AC on, the rpm increases when the engine is idling.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:44   #5365
BHPian

Being a Ford Figo (Diesel) owner, my two cents:

a) This is an excellent first car choice
b) Decent legroom
c) Decent bootspace
d) Incredible A/C
e) Jazzy looks (for its segment)
f) Comfortable suspension
g) Noise insulation in the cabin was quite good
h) It can get zippy (not in the Ferrari way, but...)

Another very important point - Ford has done a phenomenal job in after-sales. I am surprised to say that I am an extremely happy Ford-er. The Figo is relatively new(less than a year), but I have a Ford Endy as well which is 5ish years old - and the Ford after-sales guys have done a brilliant job.

I often feel we don't give a lot of credit to the after-sales guys, since they are directly responsible for ensuring the car lives longer - and they have to put up with customers who are beyond the "new car honeymoon" phase.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:49   #5366
Senior - BHPian

In my earlier M800 MPFI while switching on the AC at idle the RPM raises a bit and was quite prominent so it’s totally normal.
Old 27th September 2011, 16:39   #5367
RGK
Senior - BHPian

The reason of increase in RPM of the engine is to cater the extra load (AC load) and avoid engine stalling.

Last edited by RGK : 27th September 2011 at 16:49.
Old 27th September 2011, 17:15   #5368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The reason of increase in RPM of the engine is to cater the extra load (AC load) and avoid engine stalling.
If Car is going straight in 2nd gear without pressing accelerator or clutch and its Turned in 90 D, I have noticed that it accelerates a Bit, it has created a mild panic in me many times. Is it the same reason that RPM increases due to Increased Load on engine ? May be of HPS and road resistance.
Old 27th September 2011, 18:42   #5369
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
If Car is going straight in 2nd gear without pressing accelerator or clutch and its Turned in 90 D, I have noticed that it accelerates a Bit, it has created a mild panic in me many times. Is it the same reason that RPM increases due to Increased Load on engine ? May be of HPS and road resistance.
Could not understand your query fully. There will be a min RPM required to move the car. So without giving acceleration, if you release the clutch smoothly, the car will move on a horizontal road. If the road is slightly inclined then it needs extra power to climb (i.e needs acceleration).

If AC is switched on, then it is an extra load to the engine. So to handle the load, the RPM is increased slightly (by means of sensors nowadays. Earlier in Maruti one would see a vacuum pump connected to the carburetor to open up more) to supply the necessary power to the AC comp.

In your case after turning 90D, I assume the AC comp would have switched on at that time and hence an increase in RPM. HPS is internally handled by the engine itself and the idle RPM is set to handle. Road resistance is an external factor and needs extra power by way of acceleration to overcome.
Old 27th September 2011, 19:01   #5370
Senior - BHPian

^^ Modern day diesels are designed not to stall, more often than not. So unless one does something really silly, the car just chugs along. In whitelion's case, it is something similar, if the sensor senses that the car is not getting enough RPM (specially when foot is off the pedal completely), the ECU tries and does something to overcome the stall, which is why it is always a good idea to disengage clutch during those last moments of braking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks