Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-508.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 3013063)
Another annoying niggle is the brake caliper noise from the front left. Greasing works well but the annoying rattle starts again after couple of hundred kms.Any permanent solution to this?

This is one thing that bugs me the most. I've taken my car to the A.S.S. like 5 times now for the very same issue and every time they grease/tighten something and the rattle is gone for a couple of hundred kms after which it resurfaces. The next time it comes up, I am going to email Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3013707)
Folks
Has anyone got a second beep reminder when the DTE is 40 kms? I do know that the low fuel lamp comes on when the DTE is 80 kms, accompanied by a beep.

Yes Venu sir,
There are 2 low fuel warning chimes in Figo, one at DTE 80 and the other at 40.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayded (Post 3013716)
Yes Venu sir,
There are 2 low fuel warning chimes in Figo, one at DTE 80 and the other at 40.

There's also a chime at 20kms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3013795)
There's also a chime at 20kms.

Holy cow, I have not risked going that far!! But it is really nice to know about this feature.

The chimes are missing on my Fiesta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 3013700)
However after a few trial and errors attempts spread over an year, Cauvery Ford finally localised it to the shocks and replaced them. After the right, the left began to act up and that too was replaced. Eversince I have not had that sound.

I guess it is caliper noise. I have experimented by applying light brake over bad roads and the sound disappears. I guess when the calipers are lodged and in action, there is no sound. Whereas, going over bad roads without applying brake results in rattling kind of noise. The mechanic @ the FASS told that it is indeed caliper noise and the shocks are OK. He said its a common niggle. Either to bear the noise or get it greased regularly :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayded (Post 3013716)
This is one thing that bugs me the most. I've taken my car to the A.S.S. like 5 times now for the very same issue and every time they grease/tighten something and the rattle is gone for a couple of hundred kms after which it resurfaces. The next time it comes up, I am going to email Ford.

I guess replacing the calipers could be one of the solutions. The mechanic told that this particular problem is resolved in the newer cars, but present in earlier ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3013811)
Holy cow, I have not risked going that far!! But it is really nice to know about this feature.

The chimes are missing on my Fiesta.

I have driven the car 10 kms after the DTE showed '0'. But it was an emergency and I had no choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok (Post 3013983)
I guess it is caliper noise

I had this noise within about a month after buying the car. First I was told it is the dashboard, then steering column, then caliper. The next time, SA said he put my shocks on another Figo and the sound was replicated in that car too and that is when they changed my shocks.

When the noise first appeared in my old Alto, it was diagnosed by the mechanic by giving a kick on the tyre in a stationary car and the sound appeared. I had tried the same on the Figo, the sound hadnt come.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedate (Post 3013636)
It happened to me today. I thought it was due to my deceleration or because I was in wrong gear (which normally never happens). I never knew the engine was off until the steering felt heavy. The chimes sounded like the low fuel chimes. But later only I realized that the engine was off. I don't run my car in the test mode.

It should be a one off . I am waiting for it to happen again after which I will think of updating the ECU software. I dont think it will re-occur though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3013577)
Got follow up calls from Ford India as well as a mail. I am going to the dealership tomorrow, shall up-date their response.

The response from Ford India (Official) was pleasant (by the way I was explained things).

Shall update tomorrow by late evening or on Sunday.

Had gone to the dealer yesterday. As usual, the dealer wanted to cover up for their folly (coolant & that after escalation, my Car was taken up for service).

They were all over me that I should send a goody goody e-mail that all went well. The sad part is they didn't really owe up, that yes, a mistake is committed, was our fault & we shall see that this doesn't happen.

The SM while on phone with someone from Ford India agreed that yes, level was low. And he would be checking my arrival & departure time & would be sending it. He was the one with whom I escalated the issue, I really don't know what he needs to check.

The response from Ford India is exemplary & I am really happy & satisfied. I got repeat calls almost always, explaining everything in detail & attending to whatever concern I had. Had they not monitoring the ASC, I fear, I wouldn't have gone to them.

Thanks Ford @ India :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 3014218)
I had this noise within about a month after buying the car. First I was told it is the dashboard, then steering column, then caliper. The next time, SA said he put my shocks on another Figo and the sound was replicated in that car too and that is when they changed my shocks.

When the noise first appeared in my old Alto, it was diagnosed by the mechanic by giving a kick on the tyre in a stationary car and the sound appeared. I had tried the same on the Figo, the sound hadnt come.

I tried to replicate the tyre kicking today and the left one clearly rattles as compared to the right one. Have captured a video. One should notice the difference between the sound of left & right tyre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kZk...ature=youtu.be

Though it is difficult to make out from a video, there clearly is a sound which was not there in my car. So I guess you have the caliper sound.

Yes the rattle is not clearly audible in the video, but the noise is clearly on the higher side on the left tyre. Can It be noise of axle??

Don't know about the axle, but remember reading somewhere here about the stabiliser bar touching IIRC the torsion beam.

My close friend's FORD FIGO's (1.4 LTR Diesel engine ) PCM unit failed recently while he was driving back from Shimoga to bangalore . The car had to be left behind in Shimoga and local help had to be called to understand what went wrong ( The car had to be towed to the nearest service center )

The car doesn't power on , and it has been diagnosed as a PCM unit failure .

This is the main program control monitoring system of the car ( looks to be ECU control unit ) which has failed .

The car is 2 months old and has been driven for 3800Kms .

This is a serious quality issue from Ford !!!

Has any one faced similar problem on Ford Figo ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranga (Post 3022716)
My close friend's FORD FIGO's (1.4 LTR Diesel engine ) PCM unit failed recently while he was driving back from Shimoga to bangalore . The car had to be left behind in Shimoga and local help had to be called to understand what went wrong ( The car had to be towed to the nearest service center )

The car doesn't power on , and it has been diagnosed as a PCM unit failure .

This is the main program control monitoring system of the car ( looks to be ECU control unit ) which has failed .

The car is 2 months old and has been driven for 3800Kms .

This is a serious quality issue from Ford !!!

Has any one faced similar problem on Ford Figo ?

This is a serious issue, Hopefully your friend can replace the part under warranty.

On a side note, We can blame this on FORD if the issue is common one. I don't think any one else has faced this issue before. Car is a big unit in which numerous Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic unit work in tandem, we can always blame the manufacturer if we have a mechanical failure because most of them can be identified by proper inspection. When it comes to electronic unit the story is totally different, properly inspected electronic units may fail, with out any notice :Shockked: . If the failure repeats on more than 1 car, then Ford must check this out. Else, it may be just a random failure. Unfortunately its your friend who has to suffer.

I am not vouching for Ford here, just wanted to make my point.

Has anybody tried to increase the rear seat inclination on the figo. The rod thats attached to the c-pillar has about 2 inch protruding from the mounts, what if we remove it reduce the distance so the seats will get inclined a bit more. My mom says Ikon's seat is much more comfortable than in figo.

Will try and post pics of what iam on about. If anybody has tried it, let me know the Pros and Cons on doing that.

My new Figo has barely crossed 500km on the odometer and has started squeaking on undulating roads. These squeaking sounds seem to come from left side below the dashboard. Any idea what could be causing it?