Team-BHP - Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/74219-review-1st-gen-ford-figo-2010-a-709.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 4267905)
What is the warranty on the Ford battery? An Amaron Super Flo gets you a 2 plus 2 year warranty and costs around Rs 4500 in exchange for the old battery. And they don't charge for installation.

This apart, charging Rs 200 for wiper replacement as labor charges seems very high. I could do that job myself!

Ford battery is covered under warranty for 2 years only. Not much saving there, I guess. Plus Amaron is better any day.

Phew ! Just noted that sir. They have charged the same amount for link rod replacement as for replacing wiper blades :Frustrati. They are not Bosch blades either, which I had installed a couple of years back.

So, monsoon camp is just a marketing gimmick. No real savings. Will keep that in mind sir, and will be cautious next time.

I again had a bad experience with A.S.S recently. The reverse light was working intermittently when I engage the reverse gear, since last time the car was serviced.

So I went to the service center to be informed that reverse gear light switch is not working and needs to be replaced for Rs.2200 along with labor charges of Rs.350 and then the taxes.

The price quoted by service center seemed high, so I tried sourcing the part outside. To my surprise, I was able to source the genuine reverse light switch for only Rs.350 and Rs.50 as labour. Voila, reverse light is working as expected.

Basically, it is of Ford Classic and can be used with Ford Figo as well. The trusted mechanic I always visit suspects a foul play with regards to the broken switch. The way it is broken into two pieces I am wondering if that was deliberately broken to make some easy money!!

Attached are the pictures of the new and the broken switch.

My car seems to have this peculiar problem of having a kat kat sounds from the steering column only when driving at steep hairpin bends at hills .

The problem had appeared a year back and have completed two trips to the hills - one to Ooty and the second to Valparai and Kodaikanal .

It's tough to recreate the problem inside the city. Have any of you guys faced a similar problem?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragavsr (Post 4270979)
My car seems to have this peculiar problem of having a kat kat sounds from the steering column only when driving at steep hairpin bends at hills .

Not faced in Figo yet but in my previous m800 had faced this. This happens due to damage to the steering rod. There is grease in rubber caps where the rod is connected to wheel. Normally this gets torn and the grease falls out. You'll have to change the steering rod of that side which makes noise while turning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ks1418 (Post 4270931)
I again had a bad experience with A.S.S recently. The reverse light was working intermittently when I engage the reverse gear, since last time the car was serviced.

So I went to the service center to be informed that reverse gear light switch is not working and needs to be replaced for Rs.2200 along with labor charges of Rs.350 and then the taxes.

The price quoted by service center seemed high, so I tried sourcing the part outside. To my surprise, I was able to source the genuine reverse light switch for only Rs.350 and Rs.50 as labour. Voila, reverse light is working as expected.

Basically, it is of Ford Classic and can be used with Ford Figo as well. The trusted mechanic I always visit suspects a foul play with regards to the broken switch. The way it is broken into two pieces I am wondering if that was deliberately broken to make some easy money!!

Attached are the pictures of the new and the broken switch.

I paid Rs 1200 for that part including labour around 4 years ago for my Fiesta 1.6 at Mody Ford, Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragavsr (Post 4270979)

The problem had appeared a year back and have completed two trips to the hills - one to Ooty and the second to Valparai and Kodaikanal .

It's tough to recreate the problem inside the city. Have any of you guys faced a similar problem?

How many kms has your car covered? You can try to replicate the issue while taking a U turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipnil (Post 4271116)
Not faced in Figo yet but in my previous m800 had faced this. This happens due to damage to the steering rod. There is grease in rubber caps where the rod is connected to wheel. Normally this gets torn and the grease falls out. You'll have to change the steering rod of that side which makes noise while turning.

Are you sure? I think it is a problem with the drive shaft. I had this problem in my WagonR and also in my M800.

Honestly, I think there is only one steering rod. Perhaps you were a bit confused about the part concerned?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 4271292)
How many kms has your car covered? You can try to replicate the issue while taking a U turn.

Mine has covered 71000 KM . Not being able to replicate the issue in a U turn. Will try taking a sharp U turn to replicate it. The issue has persisted over 10k Kms .

Own a 2010 diesel figo which is 64k run. From past 2-3 refills, I have been noticing that the dte shows a range of 200-190 kms for 10 liters of diesel, which is pretty good. But upon running, the dte starts dropping at a rapid speed under normal circumstances. It drops 1km for about 500-700 meters. Even the fuel needle climbs down pretty fast, indicating that the car is sipping fuel pretty fast. What could.be the reason for this? The engine sounds and picks up speed as usual.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 427129)

Are you sure? I think it is a problem with the drive shaft. I had this problem in my WagonR and also in my M800.

Honestly, I think there is only one steering rod. Perhaps you were a bit confused about the part concerned?

My bad. Yes, you are right, it was drive shaft.

Figo owners - What bulbs are used in the Fog lamps and are they easy to replace ?

My right front fog light is fused and I'm wondering if I should just buy the bulb myself and replace it or go to a garage to get it done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 4274170)
Figo owners - What bulbs are used in the Fog lamps and are they easy to replace ?

My right front fog light is fused and I'm wondering if I should just buy the bulb myself and replace it or go to a garage to get it done.

I believe you own a Figo Titanium and that should have company fitted fog lamps.

If yes, only the bulbs can be changed. I would recommend not to do it yourself as accessing the bulbs is quite a task due to the wheel cladding. Another way to change is by removing the entire bumper for easy access.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ks1418 (Post 4274989)
I believe you own a Figo Titanium and that should have company fitted fog lamps... .

Yes, I have the Titanium. Got it done and it's actually pretty simple. The bulbs are H3 and to install all you need to do is remove the plastic trim around the fog lamp (it's got clips), and you have 3 screws holding the fog lamp in place. Once the fog lamp is removed, you will have to remove 3 more screws on the backplate covering the bulb and then make the change.

The stock bulbs were 55w H3 and the stores here had only the 100w bulbs. Is there any risk in using these? I've read about another user who's using 100w H3's on his Figo fog lights for over 8 months and noticed no issues.

Hi all,

I have a 2011 Figo 1.2 Petrol ZXI in Silver. The hubcaps on my car are all scratched and one of them also has a crack. I've seen a couple of old-gen Figo's with Fiesta Classic rims like these:

I'm thinking of getting these wheels instead of new wheel covers as they look very decent on the Figo in my opinion. It would be great if someone would let me know if they are available at Ford A.S.S. and how much they cost.

Cheers :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna4Ever (Post 4275298)
Hi all,

I have a 2011 Figo 1.2 Petrol ZXI in Silver. The hubcaps on my car are all scratched and one of them also has a crack. I've seen a couple of old-gen Figo's with Fiesta Classic rims like these:

I'm thinking of getting these wheels instead of new wheel covers as they look very decent on the Figo in my opinion. It would be great if someone would let me know if they are available at Ford A.S.S. and how much they cost.

Yes they are a straight fit ob Figo. I swap them between my Fiesta and 2011 Figo ZXi P once in a while. When new they costed 22k I think. Not worth spending that much on 6 year old car. Also you should be able to source refurbished ones from scrap much cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senna4Ever (Post 4275298)
Hi all,

I paid Rs 24000 for a set of 4 Ford alloys when I bought my car. But those were the older version. I guess the rate would be the same.