Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 18:49   #16
BHPian

Congrats on your new Spark! I am sure you won't regret this decision. Tacho is what I missed the most in my Oct 09 Spark, its a welcome addition. Is it a digital tacho? Please post some pictures of the RPM meter. The tail lamp unit also looks much better with the reverse light taken off the bumper. The rear looks much better than the older version.
Old 29th January 2010, 08:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame View Post
Congrats on your new Spark! I am sure you won't regret this decision. Tacho is what I missed the most in my Oct 09 Spark, its a welcome addition. Is it a digital tacho? Please post some pictures of the RPM meter. The tail lamp unit also looks much better with the reverse light taken off the bumper. The rear looks much better than the older version.
Heres the tacho
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:07   #18
BHPian

1250 Kms Update

Hello guys,
Well my sparky has completed 1250 kms so sharing my first 1000km reassurance checkup and overall driving experience.
Since my car got delivered on 7th Jan 10, I made it a point to give it for re-assurance checkup on or before 7th feb. I had only clocked 890 kms on the ODO in one month since I was purely using the car for city driving.
I had scheduled a pickup from Pashankar auto (Satara Road) for the reassurance checkup. On the decided day the driver came sharply at the appointed time (9.30 am), I was definitely impressed by the punctuality (and my belief in GM was further solidified). He noted the odo reading, fuel reading and visually inspected the car before taking my sign on to a paper with the readings noted down. At around 11.30 am (till then I was getting impatient about getting a call from service advisor) I got a call from my service advisor, he apologized for calling late as he was busy with other customers also. I told him the following issues
  • Issues with reverse and first gear shifts and gear box was a bit tight
  • Car had started swiveling to left from past 2 days
The service advisor assured me that the problems will be taken care of and the first problem would go away as time passes and that my car would be delivered by 4.30. I also asked him as to what was the procedure during first assurance checkup to which he calmly replied that only the basic things were checked and no oil/oil filter changes would be done.

At around 4.45 the driver delivered my car, I noticed that the left swivel was gone. Driver told me that the swivel was due to tyre-pressure (lessons learnt ).

The car was looking cleaner (tyres were shining black and interiors were polished and exterior was washed properly). Other than that I could not find any noticeable difference.

The F.E which I am getting Tank Full to Tank Full Method is – 13.3 – 14.5 kmpl in city. I haven’t yet taken my sparky out on the highways.

Planning for alloys upgrade soon (Highly influenced and fascinated by Latheesh’s Sparky Alloys and looking forward for the same alloys).

Till now I am very happy with my sparky. It zips through Pune traffic with such an ease that I find myself smiling during peak traffic hours.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, last sunday on my way to Marathahalli one santro guy chased me just say that my sparky wheels looks cool :-). We could not control our laugh for a minute.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:39   #20
BHPian

5000 kms Update

Hello guys my car recently completed 5k kms
I had been very cautiously driving my sparky till 2000 kms allowing the engine to run-in properly. After 2k kms I had started taking her out of the city. Wanted nothing to go wrong from my side as this being my first purchased car.
I was getting pretty anxious about the first service and as a result i had given the car for first servicing on june 6th only which was full one month short(ODO- 3.4k kms) of the prescribed time(6 months).
The car came out pretty neat after the servicing.
Now comes the second service mistake. I observed two frequent problems in my car since the onset of rains
  • water logging under the mats
  • a/c foul smell and blower was not blowing air upto the required distance.
also the brakes had become tight

Again took an appointment and gave the car, in the evening when the car came, its drive was drastically improved, good pickup evevn with a/c on and smooth braking .Also the A/c and the waterlogging problem seemed to have been resolved. But when i looked at my service book and coupon book, my second coupon was torn-off. Immediately i called up the service advisor and told him about it. He assured me that on my third service none of my coupons would be taken .

So After 5k kms I am one happy person with my sparky.

I have already replaced my steel rims to Stamford 13 incher alloys black with red lip. Still on stock tyres(apollo accellere 155/70 R13). Planning for a 165/65 R13 michelin but still in dilemma.
Waiting for the free services to get over so that I can start putting serious mods in my car.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:44   #21
BHPian

How do you feel about the gear shifting. I am sure the car must be feeling a lot smoother now. Do write in about the mileage details as on today
Old 5th August 2010, 16:17   #22
BHPian

@Lightening-Fast , now that you have mentioned it, yes there is a definite improvement in the gear shift.. though reverse gear sometimes gets stuck but that sometimes is quite uncommon for me. About the mileage if u meant FE then I am getting around 14-14.5 in city with full a/c and on the highway i get 18 + . Did it using tank full method. This is because i generally drive light footed in the city (unless i see a empty stretch and get an adrenaline boost).
Old 5th August 2010, 16:25   #23
BHPian

Thats where i was coming from. I still have problems with reverse gear and my has done about 8.5k Kms in my sparky. Not to mention, gear shifting to 1 and 2 still is not silky smooth. Mileage that you are quoting is pretty much what you can extract out of the car.
Old 6th August 2010, 03:31   #24
BHPian

@kenpachigamer - Good to know that you are having great experience with your Spark. I wanted to take a general feedback from you on GM A.S.S since i have had a unpleasant experience with both GM and Pashankar Auto (Satara Road) post buying my Beat LT.

1) GM has not given me a single customer service call asking for my feedback since over a month after i have purchased the car. Which has left a feeling that i just came buying some grocery from some kirana store.

2) Pashankar Auto guys did not give me a single freebie on Beat (which i knew they would not since it is selling in good numbers for them currently), above all they goofed up big time on the Assured Gold coin offer under GM's gold rush offer which i am really pissed off with

also if you can share any tips to be careful of while giving my car for servicing with them as my Beat LT is due for first free check up again for which i had to call them up, no reminder call either from dealer or GM
Old 6th August 2010, 10:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that you are happy with little Sparky.
Mine has completd almost 13000KM as on date:-)
Old 9th August 2010, 16:53   #26
kkg
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpachigamer View Post
  • water logging under the mats
  • a/c foul smell and blower was not blowing air upto the required distance.

Kindly elaborate about the Water logging part, how bad was it and how it was rectified.

The reason is I am facing the same problem in my Spark ( oct 2008 model and nearly 42000 kms run). I haven't been able to diagnose the reason for last two weeks.

Reply awaited.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:18   #27
BHPian

@kkg, yes this issue is quite common (as told to me by the service guy also plus you will find many threads on the same topic in forum )
Some times water-logging happens when your car drainage near the wipers gets choked due to leaves/dirt, while sometimes water also leaks due to a/c related faults

In my case i had noticed this issue since the starting of rains.

I would advice you check up with the service center guys immediately. Mean you can check out these threads
water leaking from A/c .
Water getting inside car

@KreativeGeek , well this is also my first car from the pashankar guys, As far as first free checkup is concerned, I don't think the dealer/GM gives you a call(as far as I know, Can other beat/spark owners please confirm it ).
Its up to you to have a regular checkup/service for your car.
I can understand your anxiety about the first checkup (Even I had it ). The best you can do is to be present at the service center on your appointed day.

Last edited by kenpachigamer : 9th August 2010 at 20:22.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:30   #28
BHPian

I too have a spark, done almost 30k in 3years. Running super smooth till now.
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:26   #29
BHPian

A heart Break

Had a major heart-break(metaphorically) on monday (16th aug 2010).
It so happened that the guy who did a trial run to diagonise the problems (me being on the passenger seat) bumped my car into a six seater. The feeling is very hard to write down in words. Luckily the damage was only to the front bumper and right fromt lamp. Now the service advisor told me "sir, don't worry the bumper and the headlight would be replaced at no cost of mine.They proposed that my insurance should take care of half the charges and they will take care of the remaining half. I was worried at that time so didn't day anything much. Left the car with them and headed back to office after 2 hours.
Next day morning I received a call from the the service center saying that they are sending over the driver along with the insurance papers and a form which should be signed by me. On asking what was mentioned in that form, the personnel told me that they have mentioned the detailsof how the accident took place and i should tell the insurance guys that i was with my relative (Shock). I told her give me a call after lunch time.
I immediately logged on to Team-bhp and after searching found dippy's linkway honda thread. I also called up Raja and asked his advice on the same.
Conclusion - I should not sign the insurance papers. So without wasting any time I went to the service center and had a word with their senior manager. The guy told me that its upto me if I sign the insurance papers or not.If I signed the papers they would have to bear less cost. I didnot sign the papers , the manager was very polite as always and he told me not to worry , he will inform me when the car would be done.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:28   #30
BHPian

thats exactly how it should been done. Its good from your part that you did not sign those papers. Its a fault of the SC guy and they should bear each and every penny for the damages. Incase you would have signed the papers they would have claimed the insurance amount and you would have lost out on the NCB and also would have ended up owning the complete responsibility of the accident.

Do post some pics of the car to let us all know how irresponsible the guys are !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks