Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 17:43   #16
BHPian

Hummer.Rulez Congrats for the big nano. Whenever I look at this wonder I start falling in love with it. I am sure I will buy this sometime in my life.

On your feedback on ABS Motors Gurgaon, I know the owners and I have passed your valuable feeback to them. They have taken the feedback and said 'thanks' for it. They said that their core team is working on improving the car buying experience in their showroom and with these feedback they can easily identify the possible gaps.

back to car, 1.65L wow. Tata is great when it comes to pricing and space.
Old 6th February 2010, 18:51   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy! and instant stardom! Please do post some interior pics and also looking for a long term ownership experience! Wish you miles and miles of happy 7 safe motoring!
Old 8th February 2010, 11:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Congrats on the new buy! and instant stardom! Please do post some interior pics and also looking for a long term ownership experience! Wish you miles and miles of happy 7 safe motoring!
thanx a lot dude. Got the pics u asked for.

Hope they describe the interiors well.
Old 9th February 2010, 14:46   #19
BHPian

@Hummer.Rulez: Congratulation on your new drive. Please update us about the fuel efficiency.

While I was looking at above pictures, I asked myself "Where the hell is engine?"
Old 9th February 2010, 17:06   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
@Hummer.Rulez: Congratulation on your new drive. Please update us about the fuel efficiency.

While I was looking at above pictures, I asked myself "Where the hell is engine?"
The Nano has a spare engine under the rear seats. You can use that when the engine in the front is stolen
Old 9th February 2010, 18:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the Nano!! Glad most of India appreciates the effort and dedication involved in the making of this car. One question though (not in line with that appreciation) How's the quality of the switchgear, plastics, fabrics, etc. in the interiors. Panel gaps seem pretty even in the pictures. Your opinion on the general fit-and-finish? Strictly comparing with another similarly sized hatch, please, and not allowing for the price. This is just to see where Tata would find the Nano when launched in the EU/US.

OT: A colleague of mine just returned from Canada, where he was involved in training some BPO employees on supporting the company's products. They were quite interested in the Nano, and wanted to know when Tata'd be launching it there. There is a market for this everywhere, it seems!
Old 9th February 2010, 19:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations on the Nano!! Glad most of India appreciates the effort and dedication involved in the making of this car. One question though (not in line with that appreciation) How's the quality of the switchgear, plastics, fabrics, etc. in the interiors. Panel gaps seem pretty even in the pictures. Your opinion on the general fit-and-finish? Strictly comparing with another similarly sized hatch, please, and not allowing for the price. This is just to see where Tata would find the Nano when launched in the EU/US.

OT: A colleague of mine just returned from Canada, where he was involved in training some BPO employees on supporting the company's products. They were quite interested in the Nano, and wanted to know when Tata'd be launching it there. There is a market for this everywhere, it seems!
I think the Nano would be at around US$ 8,000 OTR after additional costs to meet US standards.
Old 9th February 2010, 19:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer.Rulez View Post
thanx GD.

Alloys are not an option on any variant. This is the middle variant NANO CX (with AC/Heater but no body colored bumpers). The top variant is NANO LX which comes with fabric seat upholstery, fabric inserts on door trims, body colored bumpers, rear and front fog lights, a gear console with cigarette lighter and a few other knicks over the CX.
The top end LX also gets front power windows.
Old 11th February 2010, 14:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Hummer! It sure does look very cute. your assessement of the car was perfect keeping in view the price it comes at. i have seen some critics unhappy about lot of things about Nano. may be they wanted Tata to sell them a Ferrari at 1.65 lakhs. Heck, Nano looks better than some hatchbacks costing 2/3 times. Nano with alloys and fat tyres looks very hot. and the space inside is lot more than most C and even some D segment sedans. how is performance with aircon? the drain on power is acceptable?
Old 11th February 2010, 16:27   #25
BHPian

Dream Car

This is a dream car for the Indian middle class. It so cute and very apt for city driving under the traffic conditions in India.

Thanks Hummer.Rulez for the experience you shared over the Nano and the pics. Some of the pics were grainy - hope you clicked them ith your mobile. Congratulations on the new purchase. Keep updating us with your ownership experience.

Nano is a sure head turner. I don't think it is just about the price. But because of the looks which is completely different from the other hatchbacks, thanks to its dimensions. I heard the boot is in the front. But rather in your pics I see a spare wheel in the front and no place to keep any luggage. Am I missing something here. Isn't back seat cramped for even two? Taller stance may help a bit here. Is the ride comfortable? Doesn't it shake over speed breaker?
Old 11th February 2010, 16:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I heard the boot is in the front. But rather in your pics I see a spare wheel in the front and no place to keep any luggage. Am I missing something here. Isn't back seat cramped for even two? Taller stance may help a bit here. Is the ride comfortable? Doesn't it shake over speed breaker?
One has to actually sit in a nano to believe how spacious it is. Luggage space is not in the front. There is a pic of the parcel tray above. The boot is below that (above the engine cover) and is accessible only by folding down the rear seat. Two people will be more than comfortable in the back seat, although in Sam & NC's travelogue, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ive-delhi.html they did mention that the rear bench tends to get hot after a long run.
Old 11th February 2010, 17:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and car looks very cute. Get some alloys, bumper coloured and dark tint. It will look stunning.
Old 16th February 2010, 14:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post

done 200+ on the first tank full (15 ltrs). Still some to go. Will update soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post

the fit and finish is pretty much at par with the zen and santro. It is infact better than the safari, sat in one @ the showroom and the lines of panels & switches did not match. The quality of plastic on the dash is a bit thin ie the dash can be pressed with a finger (saw this while installing the antenna, where we had to take the jack through the gap between the windscreen and the dash). A few screws under the dash were loose. There was a bolt missing where the fender is supposed to be bolted to the chassis behind the front tyre. The steering ws not centered

It felt as if the car was made in a hurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The top end LX also gets front power windows.
yes Tarun, pardon my oversight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Congrats Hummer! It sure does look very cute. your assessement of the car was perfect keeping in view the price it comes at. i have seen some critics unhappy about lot of things about Nano. may be they wanted Tata to sell them a Ferrari at 1.65 lakhs. Heck, Nano looks better than some hatchbacks costing 2/3 times. Nano with alloys and fat tyres looks very hot. and the space inside is lot more than most C and even some D segment sedans. how is performance with aircon? the drain on power is acceptable?
thanx sagar. Agree wid u 100% on the value for money and the space bit.
Am already trying to findout about the alloys (and warranty issues if they are installed). Aircon is working just fine till now. Delhi weather is @ 22 degrees right now, so the real test is yet to come when it crosses the 32-35 degree mark and the horrendous 40+ degrees. There is hardly any drain in power (though it is about 5-7%).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
This is a dream car for the Indian middle class. It so cute and very apt for city driving under the traffic conditions in India.

Thanks Hummer.Rulez for the experience you shared over the Nano and the pics. Some of the pics were grainy - hope you clicked them ith your mobile. Congratulations on the new purchase. Keep updating us with your ownership experience.

Nano is a sure head turner. I don't think it is just about the price. But because of the looks which is completely different from the other hatchbacks, thanks to its dimensions. I heard the boot is in the front. But rather in your pics I see a spare wheel in the front and no place to keep any luggage. Am I missing something here. Isn't back seat cramped for even two? Taller stance may help a bit here. Is the ride comfortable? Doesn't it shake over speed breaker?
You are most welcome Crank. the pics were clicked from my phone, the camera of which under insufficient lighting, totally sucks

Will keep updating the thread. The boot is behind the rear seat which can only be accessed by dropping the seat down. It can also be accessed if you remove the parcel tray (which can be removed very easily). The boot can accommodate a small suitcase and a carry bag.

The backseat has got a decent comfort level. Ample leg/head room and width to seat two adults in style . The bench does not give enough support to the thighs and is a bit thin which will result in aching bums ;-) on a long trip. The back support is nice but thin again. Thats how the room has been created, i think. Overall, very acceptable.

The ride is a bit bumpy up front (lesser weight). Though TATA's claim a 48% (F)-52% (R) weight distribution ratio. But nothing which will be of an xtreme bother to any1.

THE CELEBRITY STATUS IS PRICELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Congrats and car looks very cute. Get some alloys, bumper coloured and dark tint. It will look stunning.
thanx djay. Thats just what I have on my mind for this car. And to add OEM front fog lamps too.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2010 at 11:50. Reason: back 2 back. and removed excess smileys.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:31   #29
BHPian

Update

FE figures after the first tank full has been consumed:

Total distance covered: 211 kms
Total fuel consumed: 13.12 litre

FE: 16.08 km/l

Pretty neat for the first fill up.
Old 8th March 2010, 17:58   #30
BHPian

Update #2

FE figures after the second tank full has been consumed: