Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2005, 12:09   #16
BHPian

The cold intake fipk does good to the performance side of the getz in the city.... Yeah it could have done with 10-20 more horses....... but fe is still low at 9.5-10 in the city.. planning to use a free flow for the getz.
Old 28th November 2005, 02:41   #17
BHPian

adding a k & n and an exhaust will take getz into a different league.
trust me on that one.

good choice viper.
Old 4th December 2005, 14:56   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Better to go for a Palio 1.6 Sport available at the same price, and enjoy superior ride comfort, great looks, large interior space and excellent safety!!!
Old 4th December 2005, 23:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

...along with crap build quality, service and spares availability! Great choice!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 4th December 2005 at 23:09.
Old 14th December 2005, 19:45   #20
BHPian

I love the refinement of the Getz and its interiors. I prefer the pickup of the Ikon 1.6 which I drive daily but love the Getz as a city runabout as it is much more driveable than the Ikon in heavy traffic. My father has become very fond of the Getz and doesnt drive the Ikon at all. He even moves the Ikon out of the way to use the Getz as he finds it easier to drive even if it is for a short distance. I get to drive the Getz only when my Father is out of town which is rarely. The last time I did drive the Getz for a week then going back to the Ikon, I felt the Ikon was a beast to drive with a much stiffer ride and a much tougher clutch. The Getz is better at soaking up bumps in the road and the clutch and gear shift are butter smooth.
Old 14th December 2005, 19:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75
...along with crap build quality, service and spares availability! Great choice!
I suppose, you own one?
Old 15th December 2005, 13:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Not personally, but a very close friend bought one, and while things were fine for the first couple of months, it quickly became a pain in the arse to own, and he sold it within 2 years of buying it.
Old 15th December 2005, 13:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian
The Getz is better at soaking up bumps in the road and the clutch and gear shift are butter smooth.

(spam to meet the board's 20 character minimum reply requirement! =p)
Old 15th December 2005, 13:38   #24
BHPian

Dear Kbk,

Please resist yourself from commenting based on other experience. Before comments either you have to own one or read other opinions (not one persons). If you say Palio build quality is a crap, I really doubt whether you understand what is build quality and how other B/B+ segments cars fares in build quality. Sorry for personal attack.

Regards,
Prasanna
Old 15th December 2005, 14:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well said Prasanna!!!
Old 15th December 2005, 19:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Dear Kbk,

Please resist yourself from commenting based on other experience. Before comments either you have to own one or read other opinions (not one persons). If you say Palio build quality is a crap, I really doubt whether you understand what is build quality and how other B/B+ segments cars fares in build quality. Sorry for personal attack.

Regards,
Prasanna
Maybe you didn't understand what I meant when I said "a very close friend". I mean I drove and rode in that car for endless hours while it was in the owners possession. So it's not a second-hand opionion, it's my own. And since I don't know what build quality is, what would you call a car in which you could stick half your little finger between its headlamp and the surrounding body work, and almost as much between the rear door sill and the D pillar?

The shut lines on my Getz and nice and tight, certainly compared to that car, so do me a favour and quit telling me what you think I know. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, even if it is divergent.
Old 15th December 2005, 19:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

By the way, I forgot to mention the annoying whistle that could be heard from the driver's side door mirror at anything over 50 km/h in the Palio, which didn't go away even after replacing the entire mirror housing.

And while we're on this topic, I was only responding to someone who chose to sing the praises of a Palio in a well-written thread about a Getz, without being forthright enough to talk about the Palio's short-comings, so that was kind-of off topic to begin with.

Peace!
Old 15th December 2005, 20:27   #28
BHPian

To add more gyan to an earlier question I think the GVS is really what was previously the GL with smaller tyres (compared to the GLS) a sligthly different interior trim and no rear spoiler and no defogger/wash wipe. I didnt know they had a GLE ??
I think they have stopped the GL and from now on it is the GVS. The GLS is the mid level trim. Currently Hyundai is selling a GLS limited with alloy wheels side window air deflectors, the metallic grille trim and fuel cap cover and PU seat covers for the price of a GLS on road Chennai at 5.3.
The GLS with ABS continues to live on as the highest end Getz trim.
Old 15th December 2005, 23:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian
The GLS with ABS continues to live on as the highest end Getz trim.
Yeah, I'd have expected Hyundai to have introduced at least a driver's side airbag equipped version by now, in response to the top model Swift.

In fact in Korea, Hyundai now offers the face-lifted Getz with three new engines; a 1.4 petrol that makes 95bhp, and two diesels, one with 88 bhp and the other with 110bhp and oceans of torque. They even have close-ratio six speed gearboxes, which I wish Hyundai India would consider popping into the Getz, so that you can cruise at higher speeds on the Expressway at lower rpms. Oh well, no harm in dreaming I suppose!
Old 16th December 2005, 11:06   #30
BHPian

Really I don't see any of the problem mentioned by you. You can read any auto magazine and convince yourself Palio is one among best build quality. Any one who have driven Palio wouldn't fallen love with it.

Yes, it has it own problems like long clutch lever, poor power in Palio NV 1.2, poor visibility etc.
Palio has the best sound proof cabin in B/B+ segment cars.

If cannot understand, I cannot help you.

Regards,
Prasanna

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks