Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 22:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

@copperhead congrats on your buy,get those tyres changed, PM me if you want to know more details

Spike
Old 17th February 2010, 11:11   #17

Thanks everyone

1) Yeah i really liked this color, looks mature yet sporty.

2) And thanks for all the alternative suggestions and OMGs on the the name "Veronica", but guess i am gonna stick with it, and i think Punjab needs some glamour !!!

3) I am gonna pass the option of changing the alloys for now. Quite OK with the Wheel Caps, although can explore getting a bigger size.

4) SLE seems to be the best VFM option.

5) And yes , driving this hulk on Delhi roads, surely calls for a rear Bull guard, trust me on that.

6) I dont think 4X4 SLE is available, otherwise i would have loved to for it.

Now just waiting to get a great ICE for 25-30 K (any suggestions pls), seat covers, tinting and Gear Lock/Steerign Lock... and then i am ready to rock and roll...
Old 17th February 2010, 16:51   #18
BHPian

Congratulations on your new machine. nice color.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:15   #19

I am currently in the process of finalizing a Scorpio. SLE does seem to the best option. My pocket is already stretched a lot for this beast so I would love to get some advice from you guys about how to get it a little cheaper or what accessories I can negotiate for. Any idea about which specific dealer in NCR can give more discount?
Regarding the loan, Cooperhead, how did you approach SBI? Should I go to to the dealer and ask him to arrange for loan or just contact SBI directly, get the loan arranged and then approach the dealer?
Please help! Thanks.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:22   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer30 View Post
I am currently in the process of finalizing a Scorpio. SLE does seem to the best option.
I feel the Sle is the most sensible Scorpio variant(Unless you want AT/4wd, sadly it does not come with Airbags). It comes with all essentials including ABS but minus all of the senseless gadgetry. You may like the captain seats setup(Not available in Sle) which can be negotiated to be fitted at dealership level.

Quote:
My pocket is already stretched a lot for this beast so I would love to get some advice from you guys about how to get it a little cheaper or what accessories I can negotiate for. Any idea about which specific dealer in NCR can give more discount?
Sri Durga Auto is told be offering better deals. We bought our Scorpio VLX from this place.
Old 5th October 2010, 11:50   #21

Thanks a lot anshuman! I'll contact them and see how it goes, will keep you guys posted.
Old 6th October 2010, 19:34   #22
BHPian

Congrats Copperhead. welcome to the Scorpio club, I am also a proud owner of a LX just a month old. Drive Safe and enjoy. The beast is really fun to drive once you get over the initial phase.
Old 7th October 2010, 00:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Copperhead!

I am very lazy and I am asking you things which I can find by looking at the Scorpio website: does this have ABS as standard? Is it only available in eight-seater version? Does it have a rear AC? What did it cost you on-road in Punjab?

I always thought this is the best colour combination for the Scorpio. It looks macho but not as loud as, say, the black VLX with stickers.

I must say I disagree with you regarding driving in Delhi without bull-bars is difficult. In fact, people maintain bigger distances from SUVs so your chances of being rear-ended are lesser (although the projection of the step could be an issue). Also, being in such a commanding driving position, your judgement of the front actually improves, in my opinion. Personally, I believe putting bull bars increases your chances of injuring pedestrians and occupants of other cars in case of a crash. Just my personal view.

Congratulations again, enjoy one of the most city-traffic friendly SUVs around!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks