Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 13:05   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Yup, AT is too good for some spirited driving if one knows when to switch gear or what needs to be done to get the required power / acceleration. Ground clearance was more than sufficient for me, as I was driving zen for 4.5 years before this baby and used to be very slow on any uneven road, that is helping me to great extent. Till now it has hit only at one speed-breaker that also in the parking lot of a mall, don't know for space saving or for what they create those very small and high breakers.
Ok, I guess the car wasnt loaded much either. I am quite scared on the highway bumps, uneven roads, missing roads, gaps between roads etc etc. Leave aside Highway, one place near majestic in Bangalore had a horrifying gap that every car had to gets bottom thumped. Never went that road again to test if they have okayed.

Which mall was it ?
Old 26th March 2010, 13:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Ok, I guess the car wasnt loaded much either.

Which mall was it ?
yup, only me and wife on highway.

During in-city transit for once it was fully loaded and I was very very careful and scared, but 4.5 experience of driving Zen came very handy.

The mall was in Gwalior, and I was the only one in it, but the speed breaker .
Old 27th March 2010, 14:59   #93
BHPian

beastfiest: Very many congratulations on your City AT mate Been a pleasure reading your experience so far. WAnted to recommend you one drive that will you wont forget for a lifetime. Plan this out...Head out to Bikaner & then to Jaisalmer for the best, straightest & flattest road in the country where you will simply want to rip the Honda hard and do its true max speed. You will love every bit of these 350 odd kms. Its near by and you MUST do this drive.

Highly recommended.
Old 27th March 2010, 23:45   #94
BHPian

@coolmel, thanks a lot, definitely this route / trip is going in my future itinerary list.

I will be traveling Nainital next weekend and then the next one would be Jaipur in list.
Old 28th March 2010, 02:47   #95
BHPian

Nice to hear the chronological story of your life, your girl, and your vehicles. When you bet on Honda, you cant go wrong. And auto tranny is a boon in city traffic. That was the right decision. In fact, as I see more and more people upgrade their cars but still remain owner drivers, I forsee the auto tranny catching on in a big way in India, at least in the metros. Maintain the car well, service her regularly, and you will never have any problems and will receive superlative value for it when time to upgrade. By the way, you did the right thing by letting the bike go, into the hands of someone else who probably like all of us spent his nights dreaming of his bike.
Old 28th March 2010, 15:05   #96
BHPian

@Django, thanks a lot for reading the story.

Automatic is really so comfortable and good. My guess is in next 4-5 years as many as 35-40% car sell would be of automatic only.

You are right for bike, that's why when I decided to sell my old car (Zen), I got it serviced and got the small pending repair work and tried to provide it as good as new condition so that new owner don't have to do anything and start enjoying it just like a new car.
Old 8th April 2010, 08:24   #97
BHPian

DIAG mode OR Civic style Digital Speedo Meter

Just got the call from spare part in-charge that sport paddle I ordered are arrived.

During installation of sports paddle, salesman showed me a very good feature of music system.

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG' then press the 'Next' button it will start showing 'VSP 0'.

After this if you drive the car it will start showing car speed in digital.

I am guessing this puts the music system in diagnostic mode and a lot of information can be displayed on music system's screen, like engine temp.

Does anyone knows about it more in detail.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the call from spare part in-charge that sport paddle I ordered are arrived.

During installation of sports paddle, salesman showed me a very good feature of music system.

Press 'Up' (also marked with return sign) + 'Down' (Marked with Play) + Power Button simultaneously the screen will show 'DIAG' then press the 'Next' button it will start showing 'VSP 0'.

I am guessing this puts the music system in diagnostic mode and a lot of information can be displayed on music system's screen, like engine temp.

What is a sport paddle? Can you give some gyan?

The information that the sales person gave you is super cool. I am itching to get back home and explore this. Do let me know if you explored more on this.
I believe this is an indicator which helps the automatic volume increase as the speed increases

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 8th April 2010 at 09:21.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:20   #99
BHPian

I was about to ask regarding the same. Some where in TBHP, I have read about a similar mode in Logan where in it will display the fuel quantity in liters. Was wondering whether the city too can be made to display similar values ?
Old 8th April 2010, 09:22   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Pics please!

Quote:

Wow, that sounds fun. I hope its not specific to AT, shall try on my car this evening and report my finding(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
What is a sport paddle? Can you give some gyan?

The information that the sales person gave you is super cool. I am itching to get back home and explore this. Do let me know if you explored more on this.
I believe this is an indicator which helps the automatic volume increase as the speed increases
Jayanth, hit the under-mentioned link to see the internal accessories for Honda City, the Sport Pedal is marked for AT model:
:: Honda City ::

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 8th April 2010 at 09:27.
Old 8th April 2010, 09:39   #101
BHPian

Sports paddles are chrome covering for Clutch, Break and Accelerator. They come for both Manual (INR 2100) and Automatic (1600), Attaching the picture from Honda Web Site.

This Valentine: My Wife's gift to me - The ANHC VAT (Polished Metallic)-sportspaddle.jpg
Old 8th April 2010, 09:52   #102
BHPian

Quote:

Wow cool thing known regarding the player, this is something that would be tried today while returning home.

Did anyone tried it already?

One more thing, did you find out how to revert it back, I mean does a power-off-on would bring it back to normal mode?

Last edited by raghu230506 : 8th April 2010 at 10:09. Reason: Typo
Old 8th April 2010, 10:06   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
One more thing, did you find out home to revert it back, I mean does a power-off-on would bring it back to normal mode?
Yes, every re-start of car or music system returns it to normal mode.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:15   #104
BHPian

TheBeastFieast,
The sport pedals really look sport. I am already thing to get one for my car.

Kalyan,
Thanks for the link. I was eager to get the "Kit Rubber Mat" and when I enquired with 2 dealers in Bangalore, they tell me that it has been discontinued. The problem that I have with off market rubber foot mats is that you get only 4 mats and they don't fit properly. Any idea if it is really discontinued and any other better mats available?
Old 8th April 2010, 10:47   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
TheBeastFieast,
I was eager to get the "Kit Rubber Mat" and when I inquired with 2 dealers in Bangalore, they tell me that it has been discontinued. The problem that I have with off market rubber foot mats is that you get only 4 mats and they don't fit properly. Any idea if it is really discontinued and any other better mats available?
Weren't you provided with Honda Floor Mats at the time of purchase, most of the dealers provide them as free accessories. The one I am provided with are of very good quality and they say it wont catch fire even if a burning cigarette is dropped (though I don't smoke and don't allow anyone inside car)

The other accessory is Dicky rubber mat, I forgot to negotiate on that during deal finalization, Now I am searching for it in after market.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks