Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 16:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Looks more like kingpin will never get the car. His wife likes it too much..

Having driven the Manza myself, its pretty easy to drive, except for the large size (or maybe its me due to the hatches I have driven) and think it should be for ladies as well.
It seems kingpin is in mourning. His wife has taken charge of his new car as he sits grief stricken in an old Zen. O Lord! what torture!
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:35   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
It seems kingpin is in mourning. His wife has taken charge of his new car as he sits grief stricken in an old Zen. O Lord! what torture!
Can this serve as official warning to all Manza owners? People around you will use the car more than you. What do you categorize this as, a niggle?
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Can this serve as official warning to all Manza owners? People around you will use the car more than you. What do you categorize this as, a niggle?

Yeah never ever buy the Manza You never get to drive her. Wife, and now maruti fan Dad is also driving her.
Going great almost time for my first service.So will update on my experience once thats done. Called concorde and have scheduled the service for sunday.
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin1 View Post
Yeah never ever buy the Manza You never get to drive her. Wife, and now maruti fan Dad is also driving her.
.....while you're being driven up the wall!
Old 24th March 2010, 03:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Any words on her highway handling? She is not yet in for her 1st service, I read - but any high speed runs?

Also, have the engine oil and filter changed at the 1st service - EVEN if the SA protests, force it down!
Old 24th March 2010, 05:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Also, have the engine oil and filter changed at the 1st service - EVEN if the SA protests, force it down!
What would be the normal time of oil / filter change in the Manza in the free service period?
Old 28th March 2010, 18:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

What would be the normal time of oil / filter change in the Manza in the free service period?
As per the owners manual it is 20 K kilometers for the QJD (Mobil synth oil 0W40)
Old 29th March 2010, 05:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As per the owners manual it is 20 K kilometers for the QJD (Mobil synth oil 0W40)
I suggest you change the oil alone every 5000 KM, and change the oil filter along with the scheduled service. You may choose otherwise, but it is highly recommended here to have a 5000 KM cycle. Even if you go synthetic, a 7500 KM cycle is recommended.
Old 29th March 2010, 15:34   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sure, if you want to kill the engine that is!

Please change the oil at 5,000 kms if using regular oil, and 7,500 kms (tops) on Mobil 1. I don't even buy the 15K intervals recommended by some Euro manufacturers, leave aside 20K. Our driving conditions (dust, temperatures, low average speeds, short commutes) are simply too harsh to allow such long oil drain intervals.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Please change the oil at 5,000 kms if using regular oil, and 7,500 kms (tops) on Mobil 1. I don't even buy the 15K intervals recommended by some Euro manufacturers, leave aside 20K. Our driving conditions (dust, temperatures, low average speeds, short commutes) are simply too harsh to allow such long oil drain intervals.
Sorry to be ignorant, but don't the manufacturers factor in all these points when they recommend service intervals/oil changes.

Another question - does changing of engine oil from recommended to synthetic void the manufacturer's warranty?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
As per the owners manual it is
20 K kilometers for the QJD (Mobil synth oil 0W40)
Yes, that is what is there in the owner's manual. I wanted to make sure that is how it was from the beginning. I was surprised when I was told that!

There is a small discrepancy in Page 171 of user manual. In the columnar part, engine oil change is denoted at 2 year intervals, though the left side says, 20000kms or 12 months whichever is earlier!

Quote:
With due respect for your views, in how many kilometres would you expect it to die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Sorry to be ignorant, but don't the manufacturers factor in all these points when they recommend service intervals/oil changes.
They should and I expect, they would! But if something goes wrong, our legal system is too slow to really help.

But for people who do have good running, with the 4 year warranty, the car could cover 60 to 80 thousand kilometres. That should be enough to test it, I guess.

Quote:
Another question - does changing of engine oil from recommended to synthetic void the manufacturer's warranty?
In the Manza's case, the recommended is synthetic. Theoretically, if the grades are same, the manufacturer cannot object. With synthetic, the drain intervals can be extended, provided the manufacturer allows you to do so.

Tata allows it as shown with Manza drain interval.

My car would be following the manufacturer's recommendations strictly as far as oil changes are concerned. That 30 second idling also may not be strictly followed.

@Adits:

> I do remember a few peculiar things. The windows lock (the > lock on the driver's armrest that locks the windows from
> being rolled up or down) is actually reversed. There is a
> small red light on it that glows when it is unlocked and vice > versa. Is this the case with all Manzas?

It is the same in my Manza. I will have to check the manual to see what it says, I forgot about it. It is unconventional. After delivery, with that indicator off, I expected the passenger window to work and had a row with my wife when she said it would not work.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:11   #42
BHPian

Quote:

I remember clearly the Indica has a drain interval of 10,000 kms on regular oil so 20k kms on synth oil is no big deal it seems. I wonder what the workshops suggest? The TATA boffins must surely have factored in all the heat & dust before putting it down in black and white.... more gyan on this after I get my 1st service done....
Old 29th March 2010, 23:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Yes, that is what is there in the owner's manual. I wanted to make sure that is how it was from the beginning. I was surprised when I was told that!

With due respect for your views, in how many kilometres would you expect it to die?

In the Manza's case, the recommended is synthetic. Theoretically, if the grades are same, the manufacturer cannot object. With synthetic, the drain intervals can be extended, provided the manufacturer allows you to do so.
My car would be following the manufacturer's recommendations strictly as far as oil changes are concerned. That 30 second idling also may not be strictly followed.
Yes, I am also inclined to follow what the owners manual says to the T, I haven't gone wrong yet by following the manufacturers recommendations in my thirty years of driving and I don't think I'm gonna go wrong this time around....
Old 29th March 2010, 23:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Went to book Manza in procelain white today and dealer told me that aura Abs model doesn't comes in porcelain white and only in DP white which is a bit creamish. Can anyone confirmed this, its urgent ??
However i can see your is porcelain white so very confused now!
Old 30th March 2010, 17:35   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They sure do. However, manufacturers offlate (especially the ones known for high maintenance) are pushing the oil change envelope, purely for marketing reasons. They want to project their cars as being low maintenance. Us enthusiasts care about our cars more than the average Joe, and thus would be proactive with the most basic maintenance (i.e. oil changes).

Quote:
As long as you use the same grade, no.

Quote:
Earlier than the typical life, I can tell you that. Lets also not overlook the fact that the QJD has a turbo-charger. A forced induction tool that is lubricated by the same engine oil. Sorry, I care about my cars way too much to wait for 20,000 kms before an oil change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks