Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 09:59   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Sorry if I missed this but does yours have a heads-up display (HUD)?
No. HUD is part of the 3LT package. Mine is 1LT. And since I am feeling pedantic, it is Head-up Display, as in we can keep our head up. (not Heads up)
Old 21st March 2010, 12:20   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, congrats tacho on buying that one mean machine. Would love it if you can post some videos of the exhuast sound?

36K for this beast is a real VFM as long as there is enough dough in pocket to feed it with gas..LOL. Which reminds me, whats the MPG?

The steel gray wheels look mind blowing. However, wish it was available in its traditional yellow color...sigh !

Finally, its side profile is to die for.

Congrats again and keep updating this thread with your ownership experience and regularly post its pictures.
Old 21st March 2010, 15:29   #63
BHPian

Great Looking car,

Fine choice mate.

Insurance sounds way too high for 6 months but like some one else said, you only live once. Its worth it.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:06   #64
BHPian

Those round dials are real macho. What is the top speed ? And as mobile008 said please post some videos of the exhaust firing, mate !
Old 22nd March 2010, 16:51   #65

Quote:
On the night I got the car, I took it to a deserted road and redlined 2nd and 3rd gear. That memory will live with me for a long time.
I had a chance to ride a 2008 'vette a few months back. Hit the speed limits within seconds in the 2nd gear So I know what you mean man... the heavenly feeling will last a lifetime!

p.s. Get to ramp and floor it round the bend... that's where the beast shows it's true wild side

p.s. to p.s. Be careful too
Old 25th March 2010, 20:46   #66
Team-BHP Support

Nice. Living the "American dream"

Those seats sure do look comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
...And since I am feeling pedantic, it is Head-up Display, as in we can keep our head up. (not Heads up)
Actually, I've never ever heard it being called a HEAD-up-display - though that might be exactly what its called on the Corvette. I've always heard it being called "headS up display" - the number of google returned results for each term do seem to show that "headS" is 2x as popular... To each his own i guess.

cya
R
Old 26th March 2010, 02:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Wow, congrats tacho on buying that one mean machine. Would love it if you can post some videos of the exhuast sound?

36K for this beast is a real VFM as long as there is enough dough in pocket to feed it with gas..LOL. Which reminds me, whats the MPG?

The steel gray wheels look mind blowing. However, wish it was available in its traditional yellow color...sigh !

Finally, its side profile is to die for.

Congrats again and keep updating this thread with your ownership experience and regularly post its pictures.
Thanks Avi.

The EPA rates it at 16/26 mpg in the city/highway cycles respectively. I've got 19.8 mpg with about 50/50 city/hwy in the 600 miles I've driven it so far.

The Corvette is available in Yellow. The only color I didn't want, when I was searching for a car, was Yellow, because I was already driving a Yellow Mustang. I wanted something different.

I will surely keep updating this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Fine choice mate.

Insurance sounds way too high for 6 months but like some one else said, you only live once. Its worth it.

Enjoy your ride.
I was paying 680 for the Mustang. So, 1080 doesn't sound too bad for a car which is essentially double the cost. However, I hope it goes down a little when I turn 25 next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpaul View Post
Those round dials are real macho. What is the top speed ?
190 mph (305 kph) drag limited in 5th gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaymaniar View Post

p.s. Get to ramp and floor it round the bend... that's where the beast shows it's true wild side
I'm scared to really floor it around bends even though it is equipped with Traction and stability control. Don't know if I will ever grow the cojones to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nice. Living the "American dream"

Those seats sure do look comfy.

Actually, I've never ever heard it being called a HEAD-up-display - though that might be exactly what its called on the Corvette. I've always heard it being called "headS up display" - the number of google returned results for each term do seem to show that "headS" is 2x as popular... To each his own i guess.

cya
R
It's definitely called the Head-up Display in the Corvette. Wikipedia has an article on Head-up display but not Heads-up I am inclined to believe that calling it Heads-up is a common mistake, but no big deal
Old 26th March 2010, 03:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Wikipedia has an article on Head-up display but not Heads-up
Lol, never mind. Wiki does have one for Heads-up too. But it does say, The term "Heads Up" is a corruption of the original correct designation of "Head-Up" display, implying the position of the user's gaze and not an exclamation to "look out!" for an incoming projectile.
Old 26th March 2010, 04:04   #69
BHPian

Congrats Tacho on getting your dream car. Always loved black and yours is more appealing.
Read somewhere that Corvette is the only car in this segment that doesn't have a gas guzzler tax. VA should be cheap on insurance. Once you cross 25, shop around, You might find a better deal. Yea.. buy the extended warranty from GM, its worth it.
This is for sure a chick magnet so behave responsibly
Old 26th March 2010, 04:29   #70
Team-BHP Support

Hey, Beautiful car!

Saw your comments on the NY meet thread. You should definitely join us for a drive.

The place you've clicked your pics looks very familiar - is it near Minerva?

I'll be coming over to Herndon on the weekend of the 11th (Apr). Hope we can have a short meet or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho
However, I hope it goes down a little when I turn 25 next month.
Yes, the insurance guys should go easier on you provided you keep a light foot on the gas.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th March 2010 at 04:31.
Old 26th March 2010, 04:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

580 nm of Torque?!! I can kick myself for not taking the "American Dream" route for all that torque I am missing out on!

Doesn't a 1000 bucks for insurance for 6 months seem steep? Will it come down after 6 months or incident-free driving or something similar?
Old 26th March 2010, 04:56   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Doesn't a 1000 bucks for insurance for 6 months seem steep? Will it come down after 6 months or incident-free driving or something similar?
Not exactly - Under 25, rates are usually steeper regardless. They'll go up if he gets tickets, etc. but won't really go down as such.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:14   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
This is for sure a chick magnet so behave responsibly
I will be putting that theory to a stern test!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Hey, Beautiful car!
Thank you, aaaaaaaah
Quote:
Saw your comments on the NY meet thread. You should definitely join us for a drive.
Of course, if there is one.

Quote:
The place you've clicked your pics looks very familiar - is it near Minerva?
Nope, not close. Not even the same state! This was in NJ.

Edit: Unless you are talking about the second set of pics on page 4, which were taken, yes, some place close to the Minerva of Herndon

Quote:
I'll be coming over to Herndon on the weekend of the 11th (Apr). Hope we can have a short meet or something.
Will PM you my phone number

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
Not exactly - Under 25, rates are usually steeper regardless. They'll go up if he gets tickets, etc. but won't really go down as such.
Damn! Is it at least true that they will go down if I get married?

When I first got the Mustang from my brother 2 and a half years ago when I just got my US license, the cheapest insurance quote I found for 6 months was, wait for this, $3400. So, I let my bro keep the car in his name and I joined him as an extra driver for the car on his insurance. 10 months later, it was down to $730. The rates seem to have leveled off now, unless I officially become an Uncle and/or get married.

Last edited by tacho : 26th March 2010 at 10:23.
Old 26th March 2010, 20:26   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Edit: Unless you are talking about the second set of pics on page 4, which were taken, yes, some place close to the Minerva of Herndon

Will PM you my phone number

When I first got the Mustang from my brother 2 and a half years ago when I just got my US license, the cheapest insurance quote I found for 6 months was, wait for this, $3400. So, I let my bro keep the car in his name and I joined him as an extra driver for the car on his insurance. 10 months later, it was down to $730. The rates seem to have leveled off now, unless I officially become an Uncle and/or get married.
Yep, 2nd set of pics.

Don't worry about insurance - just enjoy the car.

7-8 years back - a friend of mine & me bought a car off eBay for $500 - it was a mid-80's Lincoln Towncar / Continental - don't remember exactly.

We were students then and as all students, we desperately wanted a car - mainly to go to the club and for our weekend drive to NYC. We would drive 5 hours to NYC from Syracuse every alternate weekend, especially during Summer and Winter breaks.

@$2000 / 6 months was the cheapest basic insurance I could get.

Bye bye car - hello bus!

Needless to say, the seller wasn't pleased when we told him we couldn't take delivery.
Old 26th March 2010, 23:40   #75
BHPian

Awesome car. The car is hot. I dreamt (and dreaming) of having one in my garage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks