Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 00:06   #1

My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last

Hello all. At last I am the proud owner of the FIAT LINEA. I have deliberately used the term FLAMING RED instead of FLAMINCO RED as it sounds more appropriate to me.The car looks and feels just wonderful and after the long wait, it seems to be just the right combination of brains and brawn. It has been two weeks of ownership now and sorry for the delay in posting the first report as it took me some time to get out of the awe.

After a lot of views and reviews , test drives and reports, wife's ideas and childrens' dreams, friends' recommendations and colleagues' advice and a great amount of input from Team BHP , the decision was finally taken to go in for the emotion pack.

The process of test drive was smooth and the sales guys were more than helpful and willing to get the car 2-3 times. Everyone in the family immideately fell in love with the car at the first go and the excitement was so high that I forgot to notice many of the things that I wanted to check. So the car had to be got again and I went for the TD "alone" and the decision was taken on the spot to "go for it".

Finally the date of delivery was given by the dealer and we all set off on the bright sunday morning of 07 mar. There it was, the flaming beauty and we all were very excited. The delivery was on time but for a last minute problem of the front left door which would not close, so we had to wait till the problem was fixed.The first 250 kms having been clocked in 10 days, and the report is as given below:

+ves
ride quality, comfort, handling and small but essential user friendly features like the small lights in the cabin,the light in the sun shade,the steering controls blue n me etc. Essentially a big car meant to be self driven with features designed with the owner cum driver in mind and not a chauffer.
Excellent leg room both in front and the back.

-ves
The clutch seems to be a little to the right because of the dead pedal and looks like it has been squeezed in there. One has to turn the foot a little from the ankle to the right while shifting gears or in heavy traffic driving. specially taller guys like me. anyone else facing this problem may comment.

The gear shifting becomes a little difficult when the front armrest is put down.

The sound quality of the music system does not seem to be so good as compared to the other accessories.could have been better.

Hiccups and apprehensions about after sale service
Firstly, I had a bad experience with the dealer initially when i was being palmed off a display vehicle as new. I refused to take it and so had to wait for another 10 days for delivery. Very bad TATA-FIAT pl dont con people.

I will be moving to east shortly and will be getting the second service done at the Guwahati showroom. I hope the guys are good there. any inputs, pl share.

All in all its been a great experience and i am proud to be a part of the linea club at Team-BHP.Happy driving. Drive safe and enjoy!!
Old 21st March 2010, 08:42   #2
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Most often, dealers will bring down even a successful manufacturer. Do load up some pics.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:02   #3
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. where did you buy it from ? basudeb auto?

BTW, do post sime pics!

Last edited by dr.abhijeet : 21st March 2010 at 09:03.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:02   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Linea!. Please do post the pictures

By the way its not TATA-Fiat that tried to con you. It was the dealer. Bring this to TATA-FIATs notice and take a few free bies from the dealer.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:04   #5

Pictures at last

Here are some pics. I was unable to upload them last night! I liked the one with the reflection of the tree on it.comments pl.
Attached Thumbnails
My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last-dscn3185-copy.jpg  

My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last-dscn3263.jpg  

My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last-dscn3265.jpg  

My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last-dscn3261.jpg  

My flaming red Fiat Linea Emotion pack arrived at last-dscn3268.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 09:26   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Good pictures there. Somehow I feel the mudflaps spoil the looks of the car. They should have decorative ones which goes with the looks of the car.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:30   #7
Senior - BHPian

thumpingbull: Congrats on the Gorgeous Linea! Have a Fiatful life.
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:36   #8
BHPian

Congrats Thumpingbull. Flam(ing)enco red looks smashing on the Linea.
More pictures please.

Drive safe and enjoy her !
Old 22nd March 2010, 09:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hi thumpingbull,

Welcome to Fiat Linea Club.
car is gorgeous in F.Red color.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:12   #10
BHPian

Thats a very nice car you have picked up, CONGRATULATIONS. do you have a windows mobile to sync with Blue & Me ? I guess that would be a great idea to have one, u can call up ppl in a jiffy while on the drive

BTW, any plans on giving her a unique name ?? I liked the first pic you have posted. Enjoy the new Fiat & post some more info/reviews plz
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Wow it looks superb. Congrats bro on the beauty.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:24   #12
BHPian

congrats on the best looking car in the segment IMO! more pictures please! what did it cost OTR?
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:01   #13
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingbull View Post
The gear shifting becomes a little difficult when the front armrest is put down.
Congratulations and best wishes, thumpingbull, on becoming a proud owner of a fantastic automobile, Fiat Linea.I use front armrest while driving on highways, which ensures total relaxation, but not in city driving.

Old 22nd March 2010, 11:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

congrats dude on F.RED Linea, Wish you a niggle free, happy ownsership ahead!
Any mods to music system planned?
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:06   #15
Senior - BHPian

hey thumbingbull! Ragingbull here Anyways, congrats on the car! it looks beautiful in flamenco red.

Last edited by theragingbull : 22nd March 2010 at 17:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks