Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 10:57   #16
BHPian

Update: Cars considered before buying Manza

Well, I wasn't really out in the market looking for a Sedan in the first place.
I was looking at premium hatchbacks to begin with.

Test drove Swift Diesel, Ritz Diesel, Indica Vista Diesel.

Went ahead and booked Ritz Diesel.

Then came the twist in the story. One of my uncle called me up and asked me to check the Indigo CS as well as Manza from Tata.

I went to showroom along with my wife and my mother (Thank God for that).
We test drove Indigo CS and Manza.
Both mom and my wife fell instantly for the Manza as soon as they sat in the rear seats. The ample leg space at the rear was a big draw.

Even Indica Vista was a good option, but on mom's insistance and checking out reviews for Manza on Team-BHP, I decided to go for Manza.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:12   #17
BHPian

Congrats amitw79 for the Manza. Excellent snaps. It looks good in that Maroon shade. Hope to meet your Manza enroute to my college.
However, the cover for USB and aux input could have been better.
And I am wondering about the absence of the dead pedal in most of the Indian cars. Even Manza lacks one.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:28   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats amitw79 for the Manza. Excellent snaps. It looks good in that Maroon shade. Hope to meet your Manza enroute to my college.
However, the cover for USB and aux input could have been better.
And I am wondering about the absence of the dead pedal in most of the Indian cars. Even Manza lacks one.
Thanks Utopian. Completely agree with your regarding USB and Aux cover.
Yea, dead pedal would have been good too.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:49   #19
BHPian

@Diesel Head

Thanks Buddy!
Old 24th March 2010, 13:05   #20
BHPian

I have posted my Dealership experience while buying Manza on the forum. Will post the link here once that thread is approved and shows up on the forum.

Quick Update: Just got a call from Dealer showroom, saying thanks to me in choosing Manza from their showroom .
Checked about my overall buying experience at their showroom.
Also, reminded me about my first service schedule.

Good one @ Techno Auto, Dwarka.
Old 24th March 2010, 13:09   #21
BHPian

Dealer Experience link on the forum:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hno-autos.html
Old 24th March 2010, 14:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!, more and more Manzas. Nice choice.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amit,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Well, I wasn't really out in the market looking for a Sedan in the first place.
I was looking at premium hatchbacks to begin with.
What a coincidence and we both ended with similar cars!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...narch-red.html

Congratulations and same pinch!
Old 24th March 2010, 15:51   #24
BHPian

Quick Update: I had my doubts that whether I would be able to pair my Iphone 3GS with the Manza Bluetooth or not, but as it turns out, it works like a charm even with Iphone 3GS which is infamous of having bluetooth limitations
Old 27th March 2010, 19:27   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi Amit, What a coincidence and we both ended with similar cars!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...narch-red.html
Congratulations and same pinch!
Then give a different pinch to me! I'm at the other end of the spectrum! I knew this car was in the pipeline and I was waiting for it from an year prior to it's launch..... am a satisfied customer now.... and a branded TATA fan having previously owned an Indica for ten years(just check out the main manza threads)

Quote:
Quick Update: I had my doubts that whether I would be able to pair my Iphone 3GS with the Manza Bluetooth or not, but as it turns out, it works like a charm even with Iphone 3GS which is infamous of having bluetooth limitations
Accept my congratulations on buying this car, what made you not to go in for the Dzire VDi? (I'm also a branded Dzire basher!) Your car looks fantastic in Monarch Red, so what colour seat covers you gonna fit? Which car were you driving earlier? Hope you've gone through the owners manual? particularly where it's mentioned that you've got to idle the engine for 30 secs at starup and the same thing at shut down. this is to lubricate the VGT. Better follow it strictly.VGT's are very, very expensive to repair trust me, I'm Windiesel! Ciao.

Last edited by Dippy : 31st March 2010 at 10:57. Reason: Avoid the use of excessive dots when posting. Do not post like....this...
Old 27th March 2010, 21:13   #26
BHPian

Congratulations. I liked the glove box most - good space, light in glove box, pen holder, card holder, lockable - nice package. Enjoy the car and happy driving.
Old 27th March 2010, 23:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Then give a different pinch to me! I'm at the other end of the spectrum! I knew this car was in the pipeline and I was waiting for it from an year prior to it's launch..... am a satisfied customer now.... and a branded TATA fan having previously owned an Indica for ten years(just check out the main manza threads)

Accept my congratulations on buying this car, what made you not to go in for the Dzire VDi? (I'm also a branded Dzire basher!) Your car looks fantastic in Monarch Red, so what colour seat covers you gonna fit? Which car were you driving earlier? Hope you've gone through the owners manual? particularly where it's mentioned that you've got to idle the engine for 30 secs at starup and the same thing at shut down. this is to lubricate the VGT. Better follow it strictly... VGT's are very, very expensive to repair...trust me, I'm Windiesel! Ciao...

Why I didnt go for Dzire:
  • 4-5 months waiting time
  • Did not like the shape of the car with the attached boot or rather I wud say the 'Make-Shift' boot.
  • Too many Dzire's on the road
I have went for Biege color seat covers yesterday only. Matches with the interior's shade somewhat. (As per my wife's suggestion). Will soon post my pictures of it.

I am one of those people who read manuals of everything they buy... Manza is no exception. I literally read through the entire manual in one go.

I am waiting for 30 seconds at startup, however sometimes I tend to forget during shutdown. Will keep your advice in mind, thanks

Earlier I had a Maruti Zen 2001 model LXI. Sold that off in year 2007. Since then didnt keep a car as I was shifted to Mumbai for around 2.5 year. Didnt really felt the need of a car in Mumbai, but Delhi is different. Shifted to Delhi in December last year, for good.

Need some suggestion:

I have so far clocked around 350 kms. Planning a trip to Jalandhar/Amritsar this coming weekend. I know first service is scheduled at 1000 Kms, but by the time I would return back to Delhi, I think ODO would be touching around 1200Kms. Any word of advice/comments as in how to go about this?

I am planning not to cross 90Kmph for this journey. Whats the safest highest speed before a 1st service?
Old 27th March 2010, 23:59   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Congratulations. I liked the glove box most - good space, light in glove box, pen holder, card holder, lockable - nice package. Enjoy the car and happy driving.
Thanks gaddiwale

Even i liked the spacious glove box with a good design
Old 28th March 2010, 08:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Need some suggestion:

I have so far clocked around 350 kms. Planning a trip to Jalandhar/Amritsar this coming weekend. I know first service is scheduled at 1000 Kms, but by the time I would return back to Delhi, I think ODO would be touching around 1200Kms. Any word of advice/comments as in how to go about this?

I am planning not to cross 90Kmph for this journey. Whats the safest highest speed before a 1st service?
I think I would have got my first service done by the time you return from ASR. Have shortlisted Sanya Auto's wksp in Okhla. A lot of tata owners have recommended it. Will post my experience. 1st service is from 1000 to 1500 kms as per the coupons provided, so you are comfortably placed.

Watch the RPMs more than the speed, e.g., if you pull 90 in second or third you'll screw up the engine big time! keep a limit of 2000 rpm with 2500 rpm only for emergencies. The car does 85 approx at 2000 rpm in 5th. But be warned, it's very easy to get carried away on the highway if you're not consciously watching your speed/revs all the time!
Old 28th March 2010, 10:12   #30
BHPian

the red manza looks sizzling hot !! congrats man

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks