BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
the red manza looks sizzling hot !! congrats man
Thanks dar3devil

I liked the quote in your signature a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
I think I would have got my first service done by the time you return from ASR. Have shortlisted Sanya Auto's wksp in Okhla. A lot of tata owners have recommended it. Will post my experience. 1st service is from 1000 to 1500 kms as per the coupons provided, so you are comfortably placed.

Watch the RPMs more than the speed, e.g., if you pull 90 in second or third you'll screw up the engine big time! keep a limit of 2000 rpm with 2500 rpm only for emergencies. The car does 85 approx at 2000 rpm in 5th. But be warned, it's very easy to get carried away on the highway if you're not consciously watching your speed/revs all the time!
Thanks for the words of wisdom

Its a horror for me to pull this beauty upto 90 in 2nd or 3rd gear
I would keep a constant eye on speed/revs.

Would await your 1st service experience and your review at Sanya Auto.
Thanks Again

Last edited by v12 : 28th March 2010 at 11:51.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:44   #32
BHPian

FE so far

Well, after having driven the car for around 400 odd KMS in city with 95% AC on, the FE showing on DIS is hovering around 13.3 km/l.

I am hoping that it will improve somewhat after the initial two service are done.

Looking forward to a better FE on my Delhi to Amritsar drive.

Comments anyone?
Old 1st April 2010, 18:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitw79 View Post
Well, after having driven the car for around 400 odd KMS in city with 95% AC on, the FE showing on DIS is hovering around 13.3 km/l.
With city conditions, that should be a good enough mileage.

Quote:
Looking forward to a better FE on my Delhi to Amritsar drive.
That should please you. Mine is 16.23kpl over 571 kms with AC full time and it is mostly out of town distance.

By the way, how does your temperature guage behave?
Old 7th April 2010, 12:12   #34
BHPian

I am back to Delhi from my trip to Amritsar/Jalandhar.

FE for the overall trip : 18.3KM/L with 90% AC on, 90% highway drive, total 1275 Kms clocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

With city conditions, that should be a good enough mileage.

That should please you. Mine is 16.23kpl over 571 kms with AC full time and it is mostly out of town distance.

By the way, how does your temperature guage behave?
Temperature gauge is like a mystery to me. I am also confused somewhat with it. Does it show car's inner cabin temperature or outside temperature? In the manual it says Outside Ambient temperature, however read somewhere on tata website about inner ambient temperature. Quite confusing.

In any case, it doesnt show accurate temperatures.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:29   #35
BHPian

This thread is on Facebook

Well, this thread has been added by TATA Manza on their facebook page below:

Indulge in Manza | Facebook

Good to know that TATA is tracking the web forums to get some real-life feedbacks on their product. Also saw some posts on their page for review on moutshut.com
Old 7th April 2010, 13:54   #36
BHPian

Even trrk's thread's link has been given there. Good to see that Tata is tracking their customer's reports.
I remember seeing Sam and n_c's Mumbai-Delhi Nano trip's video on the Nano's site!
Old 12th April 2010, 12:46   #37
BHPian

A series of FIRSTS--First Service, First Long Drive, First Damage

Well, a series of 'firsts' happened during my drive to native place in Jalandhar/Amritsar from Delhi.

First Long Drive:

Amazing car on highway, excellent control, smooth drive.
Felt really good to see my mother sitting in rear sitting enjoying all the space and comfort . She even managed to lay down at the rear seats and went off to sleep for a couple of hours. So you can well imagine the comfort level at rear seats.

Stats:
Top Speed: 95 KM/h
Total KMs clocked: 1271 KM
Overall FE: 18.5KM/L

First Damage:

First damage to the car is like Heart Broken for the first time, I am sure everyone would agree to this comparison.

It so happened that on my way to Amritsar from Jalandhar, while crossing a relatively narrow bridge at speed of around 45 km/h, cars in front of me hit breaks all of a sudden. As I was at a safe distance from car in front me, hit the brakes and managed to hault safely. However, same wasn't the case with the family coming from behind on a bike. The guy riding the bike couldn't hit brakes and control the bike at the same time. He tried to avoid a straight-on collision and managed to hit his bike (dont know what part of his bike was involved in the hit) into my car's right hand side tail-light. Bam!! there goes the plastic red coverings of the tail lights along with some bulbs, on the road and all shattered. Damn, I was so so so angry, got off the car and intended to give the fellow a piece of my mind and some other stuff Punjabis are famous for.

However, as soon as I got off the car and saw the bike, it was a family with husband and wife and smal daughter of around 4-5 years. Three of them had horrid looks on their face due to the collision and shock.

It just hit me. Nothing could be done now, an accident is an accident, I should act decent. Then i checked the damage on my car. Except tail-light damage, minor tire brush of his bike were there on the lower end of the bumpers.

Went ahead to meet the fellow and checked if everyone is fine and are there any injuries, offered them water etc. Didn't say anything to the 'family in shock' and went on my way.

First Service:

Well I was on way to Amritsar to see my in-laws when the accident happened and it was Sunday. Being a Sunday, found one the Tata showroom/service center closed. The other one was at the other end of the town. So thought of taking it to Tata service center next day while coming back to Jalandhar.

Went to Cargo Motors in Jalandhar to get the new tail-light fixed. The entire assembly tail light unit cost around 1150 and 100 for labour charges.

The service guy there checked my ODO and it was hovering around 1250 Kms. He asked me to get the first service done before 1500. I told him I am returning to Delhi next day. He insisted to get the service done today before i return to Delhi. I went ahead and asked for the 1st service. Service job was ok, not good. Didn't do much in 1st service except general checkup and stuff. Replaced the tail-light. Gave a big NO for the satusfaction for the car cleaning as they didn't bother to vacuum the car from side and offered to get it done later, but I was running out of time and had to be somewhere urgently. Said thanks very much and went on my way.

Couple of days later got a direct call from TATA regarding my feedback on the 1st Service.

Gave them my honest feedback on the service work. Felt good that Tata bothers to get customer feedback at each step.

Will keep forum updated about upcoming service.
PS: FE in city is now around 15 KM/L with AC on, which i believe is good.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Well, a series of 'firsts' happened during my drive to native place in Jalandhar/Amritsar from Delhi.

First Damage:

First damage to the car is like Heart Broken for the first time, I am sure everyone would agree to this comparison.

It so happened that on my way to Amritsar from Jalandhar, while crossing a relatively narrow bridge at speed of around 45 km/h, cars in front of me hit breaks all of a sudden. As I was at a safe distance from car in front me, hit the brakes and managed to hault safely. However, same wasn't the case with the family coming from behind on a bike. The guy riding the bike couldn't hit brakes and control the bike at the same time. He tried to avoid a straight-on collision and managed to hit his bike (dont know what part of his bike was involved in the hit) into my car's right hand side tail-light. Bam!! there goes the plastic red coverings of the tail lights along with some bulbs, on the road and all shattered. Damn, I was so so so angry, got off the car and intended to give the fellow a piece of my mind and some other stuff Punjabis are famous for.

However, as soon as I got off the car and saw the bike, it was a family with husband and wife and smal daughter of around 4-5 years. Three of them had horrid looks on their face due to the collision and shock.

It just hit me. Nothing could be done now, an accident is an accident, I should act decent. Then i checked the damage on my car. Except tail-light damage, minor tire brush of his bike were there on the lower end of the bumpers.

Went ahead to meet the fellow and checked if everyone is fine and are there any injuries, offered them water etc. Didn't say anything to the 'family in shock' and went on my way.
How I wish all of us Indians realize this and act decent during an accident. Thank You Amit sir.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First Damage:

to that. Happy to hear that you did not start any arguement.
Old 12th April 2010, 20:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that. Not many can/will do it. I hope your Manza drives on with no more kisses.
Old 13th April 2010, 08:34   #41
BHPian

Hey Amit, as desired here's my First service Experience:
The exp at Sanya was lukewarm at most. Firstly the place was swamped with Meru Cab drivers who had virtually taken over the waiting lounge and turned it into a stinking dungeon with smelly feet, loud farts and louder TV! I remember when I take my wife's 800 for servicing at Rana Motors (Delhi) they have a separate waiting area for drivers and a separate lounge for owners.

The Service Advisor then could not understand (or didn't want to) the faults (niggles) like
1. The odometer figures are not evenly lighted
2. the indicator stalk does not function at the intermediate position

These problems remain unresolved and though I'm getting calls from Sanya to come over again, I wonder if these niggles can ever be sorted out by a TATA workshop. Maybe I'll have to get it done on my own. That's why I didn't take the extended warranty thing. Engine Oil remains unchanged.
check out this one also:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1817681

I also appreciate how you kept your (hot) punjabi blood from boiling over when that biker hit you. The Manza's brakes are overservoed it seems.

Last edited by windiesel : 13th April 2010 at 08:52.
Old 14th April 2010, 14:19   #42
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the appreciation. I hope this example motivates others to do the same.

@windiesel
Thanks for sharing your 1st service review. Definitely not sounding like a good place for the service.

I would be going for 2nd service in future sometime at my Dealer's service centre located in Najafgarh. Would keep the forum updated with the experience.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:36   #43
BHPian

My Second Service Experience @ Techno Automobile Najafgarh--- One word 'Horrible'

I went for second service (At 5300 Kms) on Saturday 29th May 2010 at Techno Automobiles Workshop in Najafgarh.

A service adviser by the name of Siman recognized Team-BHP stickers and asked about that. I told him I am a member of the forum. He said he used to work in Autolink Gurgaon and lot of Team-BHP folks come there. He tried his best to give me good service throughout the day but it wasnt to be.

Here is my experience with the second service.

Following jobs were recorded in the job card:
  • Second Service
  • Engine Oil Change (went for an early oil change)
  • Frequent 'Click' Sound from gearbox when going in to 1 st gear.
  • AC cooling to be checked, as I was having issues while car is in slow moving traffic under the hot sun, the AC starts blowing hot air instead of cool air.
While doing the road test to understand the sound, the service adviser was like "this 'click' sound is common when going in first gear in all Manza". That really pissed me off. I told him in a firm voice to show me any Manza in which similar sound comes, which of course he agreed but never bothered to come back to me on this.

I asked everything to be checked thoroughly.

The Job card was opened at around 11.15am

However, work didn't get started on the car until after 1.30pm

AC issue was fixed first (supposedly! Still to test it under hot sun in a slow traffic), then second service, after that they *tried* to address the gear box sound problem. They then asked me to leave vehicle as they would need to open the gearbox and it will take time.

It was already 3.45pm by then. I asked them if they knew that they need to open gearbox then that work should have been done first. As I was getting kind of late and frustrated at their lackluster attitude, I asked to skip this work and I will get it done later.

After that car went in for so called *Full Wash*, Exterior cleaning was just about Ok. After the *Full wash* was done and car was ready for delivery, I noticed some black marks on the door insides on the biege color door plastic. It certainly was some black grease kind of hand marks. That was really it!! I really gave them a mouth full of *praises*. Instead of cleaning the car properly, they returned it dirty from inside. They immediately got those marks cleaned. I asked for a post-service road test but no service adviser bothered about that. I thought it was best to leave this workshop as quickly as possible and never return back.

Total Cost of Engine Oil Change plus oil filter change 4135/- including VAT.

Techno Auto Najafgarh service centre is definitely a miss for my car now.
Search/hunt for a better service centre in Delhi is now on.
Old 31st May 2010, 10:41   #44
BHPian

Car performance so far

So far I am happy with the car performance overall.

FE in City with AC on 90% of time- 14 to 15Kmpl

FE on highway with AC on 90% of time - 18.5Kmpl (This is probably low as I am crossing three digits frequently on the highway)

Expecting highway FE to be better now after the second service.
Old 31st May 2010, 22:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Total Cost of Engine Oil Change plus oil filter change 4135/- including VAT.
That appears a little on the high side. What oil? Bill details, please!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks