Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 23:21   #31
BHPian

Nice seat covers. Can you pls tell me where exactly is Carax in Pune ? I remember seeing it on the Bypass road. not sure if it was before or after Chandani Chowk. Also did they stitch these covers or they have them readymade. Time spent to fix them etc.

Regarding the spring noise while pressing the clutch paddle, I am facing the same issue since I got my Clutch Slave Cylinder. This noise was not there before.
Old 29th March 2010, 23:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post

now for the worrying bits -
I am not even sure if this is an issue but I'm just comparing to the santro. When I spray just a little of bit of water on my windscreen, the wipers dont engage. Apparently I have to spray sufficient amount of water for it to engage. I find this slightly irritating and am wondering if everyone with a punto has the same problem.
Hey first Congrates for the great car,its a feature not a fault,to make sure enough water on the scree to run the wipers and clear the dust, also its useful when the water tank is empty.So never mind to pull the lever for few seconds.

Hapy driving.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:15   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hey first Congrates for the great car,its a feature not a fault,to make sure enough water on the scree to run the wipers and clear the dust, also its useful when the water tank is empty.So never mind to pull the lever for few seconds.

Hapy driving.
Thats actually a nice feature. Else everytime little water is sprayed and then wiped, there would be fine scratches that would form on the windscreen. But with sufficient windshield liquid sprayed this damage can be minimized to a great extent.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:13   #34
BHPian

Hey Rock 'n' rollz, I am not from Pune, so not too aware of exact directions to Carax, but its just after you get off the expressway into Pune so you dont have venture out too far into Pune. I just used my Garmin and landed there. It was readymade and they had very few options for the punto. There was a lot of options obviously for the swift and even for the nano.. but few for the punto. And regarding the clutch paddle I havent changed the csc but yet have this problem.

nkrishna,perumal_g, thanks for that explanation. It is probably more useful than I initially thought it was. Can someone try this on your punto and check if this is indeed a purposeful feature, or is it just that I have this feature because of a clogged washer or something?
Old 31st March 2010, 10:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'n' rollz View Post
Nice seat covers. Can you pls tell me where exactly is Carax in Pune ? I remember seeing it on the Bypass road. not sure if it was before or after Chandani Chowk. Also did they stitch these covers or they have them readymade. Time spent to fix them etc.
While going towards Hinjewadi/Mumbai it is after Chandani chowk. Do not take the flyover opposite "Sadanand hotel". It is on service road on the left side while travelling to Mumbai at this flyover.
Old 3rd April 2010, 18:23   #36
BHPian

fake mudflaps

guys, I've just checked the mud flaps that the dealer gave free - it is obviously fake. I read the other thread about fake mudflaps and checked mine. Dissapointed :(
I need to find original ones ( they're shinier and larger I think) and a boot mat as well.
Also, followed up with fortune nerul about the RC book. The sales guy doesnt even take my calls nowadays. I smsed saying I would report him and he replied saying that he's following up but the RTO is delaying it. So I'm still waiting and god knows for how long.. will keep you posted..

heres the snap of the fake mudflaps
Attached Thumbnails
My Ferrari red Punto MJD Emotion pack-mudflaps.jpg  

Old 5th June 2010, 12:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
RC card had its own problems. The model number was shown as petrol active. I sent it back to the rto to be changed and its been a month and I'm still chasing Jackson for the RC. sigh !!
I just got the card back from the dealer after 4 months. The dealer blamed it all on rto delays. Perhaps thats true, but they should have been more careful when they were forwarding details of my car to the rto in the first place. Anyways I'm happy that I finally have a correct RC card with me.
I only have a copy of an insurance which seems like a xerox. The dealer insists that its a printout from the web and it will be work in all cases- so original is not necessary. Anyone else who has future generali insurance and managed to get the original? Also do you think a copy will suffice to renew insurance etc?
Old 5th June 2010, 13:20   #38
BHPian

And as a general update - I've done close to 6k kms till now. Have not had any reason to go to service centre after first service. Everything works just how it should , so I'm pretty happy with that.
Old 27th November 2010, 11:47   #39
BHPian

Just gave my car for 1 year service to KHT motors in bangalore. Have done 12k km till date. No issues so far at all so the job card wasnt big. Just engine oil change, fuel filter, oil filter, and air/pollen filter change. Also asked for the 3m body protection to be done ( as I had coupons from when I had bought my car) and was surprised he agreed to do it. Surprised because the 3m warranty for body protection and anti-corrosion was bought from Mumbai. So lets see if they do a good job of it or its only lip service.
One question I have for Punto owners - he's charging me 2200 for Engine oil ( selenia wr), 1000 ( air, oil filter) and 2100 for the fuel filter. Does the fuel filter cost so much or am I getting ripped off?
Also he's checking for a squeak in the rear suspension - if he needs to change something like a bush or any other part wouldnt that be covered under warranty?

Last edited by milestogo : 27th November 2010 at 11:48. Reason: Adding details
Old 27th November 2010, 12:35   #40
BHPian

Just checked Anshumans thread where he says
Quote:
Kind Attention Punto owners
Some Punto owners were charged Rs.1750 for fuel filter assembly for part no.599116318, I paid Rs.765.33 for fuel filter part no.59116319. Similarly i paid Rs.302.22 for Oil filter DSL part no.59063972, some members have been charged more than this. Please check the part number and price when you pay for the Oil change service.
I then called the SA in KHT now and asked if he cant just change catridge instead of whole assy. He says in bangalore we dont get only that cartridge, the full assy has to be changed. Well !!! Not sure what Bangalore has got to do with this, but was in no mood to argue - so there goes an extra 1000 rs.
Old 27th November 2010, 22:05   #41
BHPian

Got my car back from service. The experience was surprisingly pleasant. The SA even called every couple of hours to update me of progress. This is something I've never experienced even with Hyundai. All issues were resolved and the car was delivered on time Definitely the best service experience I've had so far.
What I like about KHT is
1. that there is a lot of space for cars to manouver around in their lot
2. they have an AC waiting room with lots of mags and tv ( and you can actually see the service bay from that room - only a glass wall separates the two)
3. and ofcourse the actual service was great
Old 14th December 2011, 12:42   #42
BHPian

Re: My Ferrari red Punto MJD Emotion pack

Folks, need some urgent advice. Just gave my car today for 3rd service ( 24 months). It has run 20k kms. The SA is saying the brake pads have worn out and will last max another 1500 kms. And he says we need to change the discs along with the pads.
I have a couple of questions -
1. do I need to change both discs and brakes at the same time. Ive not had any issues with braking till date
2. is 6200 rs for all of this including labour worth it?

I've had no issues with the car till date although gear slotting has become more rubbery which is what I'm asking them to fix in this service.
Old 14th December 2011, 13:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Punto club bro.

Any mods planned on the car?
Old 14th December 2011, 13:53   #44
BHPian

3rd service is 30,000 KMs or 2 year whichever is earlier. In your case it appears you have reached 30K mark.

Both Brake Pad Change and Disc change appears to be pre-mature for a car that has run 30,000 KMs, unless you have been involved in some abnormal driving conditions/practices.

My guess, either something wrong with the car or the service shop is taking you for a ride. You should first confirm the reasons why the service guy thinks so. If necessary take a 2nd opinion.

If it's a genuine case for replacement of both, you should question FIAT on this and request for replacement under warranty (at least the discs).
Old 14th December 2011, 17:16   #45
BHPian

Thanks autocop. Car has only run 20k km though the 24 months are up - hence the need for service. The sa says the pads have become thin and they always change discs and pads together because of "juddering" issues.
Ill take pics of my pads and discs and post when i have the car back in the eve today.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks